Al Blades jr

407cane

All-ACC
There's a frierson thread that surprisingly led to rational discussion. What do you guys think of blades and how he will fit in with our current DB pull?
He's a legacy who we know is coming so he doesn't get much talk but this kid is legit . He tweeted this pic today with a goat emoji for CMR

I see jobe and frierson as safeties at some point I think if we pull Campbell and blades it would seal that

Also interested to see how you guy's compare him to Campbell and who the board thinks has more upside?

549fe135d1923fb903d190a2fe3536bc.jpg

Advertisement
Campbell has more upside. Not many defensive prospects in the country has the amount of upside he does.

With blades he's sometimes is inconsistent but he has the tools to be really good and he's not close at all to scratching the surface of his talent. Will keep progressing. Has great size already and looks like he has put on some more solid weight. He's a legit 6'1.5 might still be growing.

With Rumph coaching him Blades is going to be a special player.

I think Campbell has more upside than any DB in the country. He's 6'3", incredibly fluid, and is one of the fastest players in the entire 18 class

Advertisement
Blades is second to Campbell in terms of CB potential.

This is how CBs should be ranked:

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

This is how the S board goes:

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Lol no. Hall is top 2

Advertisement

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Just lulz at Hall. Saban always flies his helicopter to see the 5th best safety in Florida.

I don't think they all end up at Miami. Way too crowded. I think Blades is a better player than Campbell. He's more physical at the point of attack.

I don't think they all end up at Miami. Way too crowded. I think Blades is a better player than Campbell. He's more physical at the point of attack.

normally I would agree with you, but with early signing period, if coaches can get them to commit early that two less months that we have to hold onto them all

jobe just reaffirmed his commitment and he was believed to be the shaky one, Frierson has been 100% cane since day 1, blades might as well be here. i'm not sure how strong hall and ivey seem but I think these guys all compliment each other with half playing S and half playing cb. They can all see playing time relatively early as many of them can play multiple positions

Advertisement

Miami is low on quality talent behind starters who mostly are upperclassmen and will be gone after 2018. Miami KNOWS they need to bring in a big class at least 7

Advertisement

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Uhhhh, Campbell is going to be a corner here my dude and Johnson would be top priority after him over everybody because he also can play CB or safety...just so you know

Campbell has more upside. Not many defensive prospects in the country has the amount of upside he does.

With blades he's sometimes is inconsistent but he has the tools to be really good and he's not close at all to scratching the surface of his talent. Will keep progressing. Has great size already and looks like he has put on some more solid weight. He's a legit 6'1.5 might still be growing.

Blades obviously is taller than CMR. I gave him a legit 6'2. Now as far as who's the better prospect, call it even and let them prove it on the Green Tree practice field

Advertisement
Back