Al Blades jr

This will be a really boring answer but nothing is really changing with all these talented DBs until they put the pads on.

The differences between the group are razor thin is some aspects. Gonna have to wait until we see them on the field to really get a feel for who is separating themselves.

Advertisement
I don't think they all end up at Miami. Way too crowded. I think Blades is a better player than Campbell. He's more physical at the point of attack.

man that some soft bellied, cupcake-eating, beta male pacifist ****. I hate when people make comments like that. Tell that to BAMA, OSU, FSU, LSU, ect... If u wanna be elite u STACK CHIPS..point blank PERIOD. some of yall got this Al Golden-induced inferiority complex. "Oh its too crowded, they are not gonna wanna come blah blah blah.

Campbell is incredibly fluid, especially for his size. To go along with that he has very good speed.

Blades is really raw and has a bit of a bully style. His ceiling probably isn't as high as Campbell but he'll be very good as well. One heck of a secondary we're gonna have.

I don't think they all end up at Miami. Way too crowded. I think Blades is a better player than Campbell. He's more physical at the point of attack.

man that some soft bellied, cupcake-eating, beta male pacifist ****. I hate when people make comments like that. Tell that to BAMA, OSU, FSU, LSU, ect... If u wanna be elite u STACK CHIPS..point blank PERIOD. some of yall got this Al Golden-induced inferiority complex. "Oh its too crowded, they are not gonna wanna come blah blah blah.
This....Couldn't have said it better

Advertisement
Blades is Massive

I for sure didn't realize he was a legit 6'2". Our secondary in 2018 is going to have great length across the board, along with Honey Badger 2.0 "Mr. Bandy" himself holding down the nickle.

Advertisement
This is all a great problem to have. I dont know if it is the camera angle but Blades looks big. Sheesh can you imagine all these secondary guys when they get in our weight program? They are going to look like cyborgs!

Blades Jr is going to fill out nicely. Campbell too. Saw him in person at the Duke-UM bball game and he is tall and lanky. Legit 6'1-6'2. Jobe will be the one to see though. That guy is going to be the alpha of the group. Blades Jr will be the vocal leader though.

Advertisement
What's his legit weight right now if anybody knows?

Thought I heard somewhere he's 6' 1" 180. Looked it up and can't find anything verifiable.

He's gotta be taller than 6'1, judging by that picture with Richt, right?
It's the tallest I've ever seen him look, for sure. No idea if it's the angle or depth of the photo. Never seen him in person. Bottom line is he's a plus-sized Corner with length. Between him, Ivey and Campbell, that's perhaps the longest set of Corners we'll ever have had here. Ivey looks like a shooting guard with a 6' 6+" wingspan.

Blades is second to Campbell in terms of CB potential.

This is how CBs should be ranked:

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

This is how the S board goes:

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Just lulz at Hall. Saban always flies his helicopter to see the 5th best safety in Florida.

Meh, let's stop using "Saban came to him in a helicopter" as the argument for who is the better player. It's a deep class of secondary talent in Florida this cycle. Make an argument for why Hall is better besides Saban wants him. Bama offered those five others too, and not every Saban evaluation is gospel.

Advertisement

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Just lulz at Hall. Saban always flies his helicopter to see the 5th best safety in Florida.

Meh, let's stop using "Saban came to him in a helicopter" as the argument for who is the better player. It's a deep class of secondary talent in Florida this cycle. Make an argument for why Hall is better besides Saban wants him. Bama offered those five others too, and not every Saban evaluation is gospel.

Hall is better at football.

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Take Samuel off the list, period. It's only for Canes.
Take Campbell off Safety List. Kid is pure DB. I read somewhere that Johnson wants to play DB; but is 5 at Safety. List is crazy tho! If land that list, where they gonna throw? Need to get Tyson Campbell.

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Frierson/Johnson tie

Jobe
Campbell
Johnson
Frierson
Hall

Take Samuel off the list, period. It's only for Canes.
Take Campbell off Safety List. Kid is pure DB. I read somewhere that Johnson wants to play DB; but is 5 at Safety. List is crazy tho! If land that list, where they gonna throw? Need to get Tyson Campbell.

You realize safeties and corners are both dbs right?

Advertisement
Back