Al Blades Jr., gets offer and commits!

Advertisement
Good Lord I got pumped after watching that. But then remebered we went 6-7 last year and finished horrible in recruiting. I am hinestly torn on if i wasnt the Canes to overachieve next season or completely blow up so Golden is fired.

Blades.jpg

Blades 2.PNG

Advertisement
I don't remember exactly what happened with HB Blades and why he didn't end up at Miami. All I remember was I watched him when he was in college and he was very very good. Three time all big-east and an All-American in 2006.

He wanted to get out of south florida....

I Played agaisnt him in high school.....He was "Ok" then...i got him a few times blocking..lol (cool story bro)...

H.B. wasnt all that in high school..but turned into a solid player n college he was a thumper in the middle...I remember his dad Bennie was cursing him out when we played against them in hs..He was the defensive coordinator..had him doing push ups and sh*t during the game for miss tackles...We had a stud rb that ran through hima few times.
It was odd only because of his name. Maurice Crum's kid didn't get offered either and went to Notre Dame. They both had pretty good college careers (Blades stuck with the Redskins for a while) as we were trotting out Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis.

H.B. Blades was a beast in college. We offered but he wasn't actually that close with his dad. Was raised by the grandparents and Al. He wanted to go somewhere else to kinda separate himself from his dad's legacy and Al was supposedly the only one in the family that supported that move and that was enough for him to end up at Pitt. I believe Wannstedt was the Pitt corch then so they may have been on him a little earlier than normal too. Nonetheless, the kid was a real solid college player.
I never knew about all that. At the time I just kinda assumed it was Randy not really being interested on account of his height.

I don't remember exactly what happened with HB Blades and why he didn't end up at Miami. All I remember was I watched him when he was in college and he was very very good. Three time all big-east and an All-American in 2006.

He wanted to get out of south florida....

I Played agaisnt him in high school.....He was "Ok" then...i got him a few times blocking..lol (cool story bro)...

H.B. wasnt all that in high school..but turned into a solid player n college he was a thumper in the middle...I remember his dad Bennie was cursing him out when we played against them in hs..He was the defensive coordinator..had him doing push ups and sh*t during the game for miss tackles...We had a stud rb that ran through hima few times.
It was odd only because of his name. Maurice Crum's kid didn't get offered either and went to Notre Dame. They both had pretty good college careers (Blades stuck with the Redskins for a while) as we were trotting out Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis.

H.B. Blades was a beast in college. We offered but he wasn't actually that close with his dad. Was raised by the grandparents and Al. He wanted to go somewhere else to kinda separate himself from his dad's legacy and Al was supposedly the only one in the family that supported that move and that was enough for him to end up at Pitt. I believe Wannstedt was the Pitt corch then so they may have been on him a little earlier than normal too. Nonetheless, the kid was a real solid college player.
I never knew about all that. At the time I just kinda assumed it was Randy not really being interested on account of his height.

I didnt follow recruiting at all back then but i knew he was a kid of a former hurricanes and i wanted to know why he didn't come to Miami. it seemed simple to me. but i seen an interview back then where he said he wanted his own legacy. He was beast though.

Advertisement
Back