Munchak interviews
Munchak expected to be new PSU coach
Munchak never interviewed
Franklin offered, expected to be new PSU coach
Franklin accepted offer
Franklin deal unlikely
No one has been offered
PSU officials en route to offer Golden

I'm sure I missed a few things, but at this point, can we stop listening to anything these "insiders" and their "sources" say?

JoePa exhumed, expected to be given a second life time contract by PSU......

So, let me get this straight...
Golden interviews
Golden offered, expected to be new PSU coach
Golden didn't interview due to weather
Golden interviews
Golden withdraws
Golden never offered
Franklin interviews
Munchak interviews
Franklin accepted offer
Franklin deal unlikely
No one has been offered

I'm sure I missed a few things, but at this point, can we stop listening to anything these "insiders" and their "sources" say?

Why not? "Sources" say everyone who's alive has already been offered.

Advertisement
So, let me get this straight...
Golden interviews
Golden didn't interview due to weather
Golden interviews
Golden withdraws
Golden never offered
Franklin interviews
Munchak interviews
Franklin accepted offer
Franklin deal unlikely
No one has been offered

Why not? "Sources" say everyone who's alive has already been offered.

I havent been offered...

Oh My God!!! I'm DEAD!

WTF is going on ????

Sports Chronicle™ @SportsTalkZac
"James Franklin has accepted the Penn State head coach position. News will be shared later tonight. " - Per Source inside Penn State Staff

Same source everyone on this board had. None.

A buddy of mine knows a HS coach in Tennessee...he's got a kid being recruited by Vandy and supposedly Franklin is signing an extension to stay. TIFWIW...don't shoot the messenger just passing along what I've heard

A buddy of mine knows a HS coach in Tennessee...he's got a kid being recruited by Vandy and supposedly Franklin is signing an extension to stay. TIFWIW...don't shoot the messenger just passing along what I've heard

So a high school kid is privy to the contract talks, but no one else has heard anything. Sounds legit.

Advertisement
If Franklin stays at Vandy, I don't see how Penn State doesn't put the full court press on for Corch Al.

Who else are they gonna hire? Munchak?

Saw this posted on Twitter.

Golden already has a good one, coaching Miami (Fla.), and owns an excellent 2014 recruiting class, ranked No. 9 by Rivals.com. But what he doesn’t have is his “dream job,” which he waited all week to get. But he never received that last look offer he thought he had been promised.
That became official with a perfunctory phone call from Penn State’s athletic director Dave Joyner to Golden’s agent in Philadelphia late Thursday afternoon: Golden was not going to be Penn State’s next head football coach. Hey, thanks for calling, we get the Internet in Philly, too.

Franklin Article

This slimeball was waiting around all week for an offer while the recruiting class falls apart.

Al Golden needs to clearly state he is not interested in the job at Penn State or resign.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jives exactly with what I've been saying all week. He's been acting like a guy who didn't want to be here even after he came back. Has been totally non-commital about anything UM. Dirtball.

Al Golden needs to clearly state he is not interested in the job at Penn State or resign.
Uh, Penn State is not interested in him. There is nothing to say cause his mopey statement and appearances have done all the talking.

So a high school kid is privy to the contract talks, but no one else has heard anything. Sounds legit.

you'll be suprised how much they find out from the assistant coaches. Some of it could just be them trying to keep a kid just in case though.

So if this is true then all is not lost right??
We would hire Butch and Narduzzi / Dantonio and all the recruits will be crawling back begging for a spot, right?
This must be whats fixing to go down

Advertisement
Back