Advertisement
Former head coach
Former d-line coach
Former TE coach
Former d-coordinator
Former strength and conditioning coach
Former recruiting coordinator

Holy ****, this guy can do it all.

Sounds like this guy is the Army Swiss knife of coaching.

[QUOTE="

*"When you are around a great coach, they sort of stick out like a sore thumb - that was Manny," Stroud said. "You knew he was going to hit it big because of his talents. I coached Jimbo (Fisher) at Samford and he was the same way. They have that gift, the ability to process information - schematically - very quickly. Manny is the total package."[/QUOTE]

That is the best quote of the month.

Advertisement
We're finally going to have analysts that have actual college coaching experience? Wow. This offseason is better than the past 20 football seasons.
No more bartenders and greenhorns from Div2 schools, finally

Look, I don’t know how any of this turns out.

But here is what I see. We are doing things like the big players are, and spending more money, that we have not spent in the past, to do it.

Will we ever spend money, and have the number of off field coaches and analysts and general support personnel like an Alabama? No!

Miami has nowhere near the money that Alabama does. So we’re not gonna have teams of dozens of coaches and analysts in the backrooms masterminding and scheming game plans, doing multiple opponent trend analyses, and scheduling back rubs with happy endings for the players.

But even at Alabama, at a certain point you get the law of diminishing returns and all that extra money, has a progressively diminishing impact.

We can do the same things Alabama does, but we’re going to do it with fewer people and we will just have to be more efficient. Yes we will do it with fewer people, and they may not be rolling their $5,000 Brazilian teak work chairs around on carrera marble floors, with each desk having its own cappuccino maker.

But the approach of having the extra personnel and doing the extra analysis is spot on.

Welcome to the 21st century, Miami Hurricanes football.

Richt, despite his offensive woes, got us part of the way there (more money for coaches, the IPF, significantly increased donor contributions).

Now it looks like Manny, who by all appearances seems to be an intelligent guy who learns from his environment and is willing to adapt and surround himself with bright thinking people, might be the guy that gets us all the way there. I’m certainly hoping so.

I know this, the days of trying to do things on the cheap are dead. Now that everyone sees that it can be done, we can never go back

Great hire as an analyst, long time coaching experience & knows exactly what it takes to develop a NFL caliber Defensive lineman.

He coached at NC St with Diaz from 02-05, he was S&C coach & the DL coach when Diaz was LB coach, he also coached with Hickson at Akron.

When he was at Colorado State, he coached & recruited a bunch of Florida players (he was TE/Recruiting Cooridnator & DL coach at CSU): Steven Michel (Sony Michel's older brother), Charles Favors from Orlando (went to Dr. Phillips), CJ James from Orlando, Shaq Bell from Kissimmee, Marquise Law from Miami (went to American High), Nordly Capl from Ocoee, Tyler McDermott (Shane & KC's older brother), Charles Green from Sanford Fl, Te'jay Brown from Saint Petersburg & Curtis Wilson from Orlando.

He also coached TE Crockett Gilmore who got drafted by the Ravens.

While at NC St he also recruited Jevon Walker from South Dade, John Ware from Gibbons & Deandre Morgan from West Palm, 2 of those guys were DB's & he recruited them as a AHC/DL coach.

This guy could be a great addition to the staff & if any of the Defensive coaches (particularly Jess or maybe even Patke, which I doubt he would) wound up leaving he could step right in for them.

But overall, I think just adding another experienced Coach who understands different facets of the game on Offense, Defense & even S&C as well is an upgrade from the previous staff we had under Richt. It shows that Manny is not on some dictator sh*t where he needs to surround himself with a bunch of inexperienced guys & isn't afraid of adding coaches that can bring their own wisdom to the practice field & meeting rooms.
All great points El. 💯 your last sentence man!

Advertisement
Support staff can't actually coach players on technique, so why would you move Kul to such a position? His one strength, and its a big one, is developing on field technique.

in lieu of letting him go totally until he finds another job?

"Akron associate head coach/defensive coordinator Todd Stroud has been hired by Manny Diaz as an additional member of his staff in a newly-created position on the Football Operations team.
Stroud's responsibilities are still being defined, but he is expected to emerge as an Assistant to the Head Coach."

Sounds like this guy will be Manny's right hand. He has experience in every aspect of being a head coach, as well as everyone else's job.

Advertisement
You’ve covered most of his coaching history, associates, and the notable players that he’s recruited and coached, but that’s only part of it. He’s a Floridian, born and raised. He works out every day, eats healthy and doesn’t drink. His family hosts players that can’t afford to go home during break and he’s beat cancer. During his hospital stay, his players brought a treadmill to his room so he could work out. He can play the piano and sing, and his players love him. He is, however, a close friend of the Bowden family. No one is perfect after all.

You’ve covered most of his coaching history, associates, and the notable players that he’s recruited and coached, but that’s only part of it. He’s a Floridian, born and raised. He works out every day, eats healthy and doesn’t drink. His family hosts players that can’t afford to go home during break and he’s beat cancer. During his hospital stay, his players brought a treadmill to his room so he could work out. He can play the piano and sing, and his players love him. He is, however, a close friend of the Bowden family. No one is perfect after all.
Bobby’s alright. His awe shucks schtick was the perfect foil for UMs brashness.

Look, I don’t know how any of this turns out.

But here is what I see. We are doing things like the big players are, and spending more money, that we have not spent in the past, to do it.

Will we ever spend money, and have the number of off field coaches and analysts and general support personnel like an Alabama? No!

Miami has nowhere near the money that Alabama does. So we’re not gonna have teams of dozens of coaches and analysts in the backrooms masterminding and scheming game plans, doing multiple opponent trend analyses, and scheduling back rubs with happy endings for the players.

But even at Alabama, at a certain point you get the law of diminishing returns and all that extra money, has a progressively diminishing impact.

We can do the same things Alabama does, but we’re going to do it with fewer people and we will just have to be more efficient. Yes we will do it with fewer people, and they may not be rolling their $5,000 Brazilian teak work chairs around on carrera marble floors, with each desk having its own cappuccino maker.

But the approach of having the extra personnel and doing the extra analysis is spot on.

Welcome to the 21st century, Miami Hurricanes football.

Richt, despite his offensive woes, got us part of the way there (more money for coaches, the IPF, significantly increased donor contributions).

Now it looks like Manny, who by all appearances seems to be an intelligent guy who learns from his environment and is willing to adapt and surround himself with bright thinking people, might be the guy that gets us all the way there. I’m certainly hoping so.

I know this, the days of trying to do things on the cheap are dead. Now that everyone sees that it can be done, we can never go back

Great post OG

Advertisement
Screenshot_20190125-171414.png
Screenshot_20190125-171414.png also was a recruiting coordinator

Advertisement
Back