Akron Dline coach being hired for role TBD per football scoop

Advertisement
Speaking of support staff.... I was surfing through the Bama board to see if there was anything on Bogle since the visits yesterday. They have a thread dedicated to their coaching hires so I took a look.

It appears that Kul is going to possibly remain as an on field coach through spring drills then move to a support staff role off the field. (although this may happen sooner or he may leave) This relieves him of recruiting duties. Also looks like Joe Pannunuzio is moving to an off field role or possibly out altogether. He is looking for an NFL spot - needs hip surgery or some such thing, etc.

All of Bogle's recruiting coaches will no longer be involved in coaching him. Only the guy Saban just hired from UF will be there - Sal Sunseri.

Well we know one thing for certain: he won't be the bagman here
rimshot.gif

Maybe this guy's age explains the glide path to obscurity his resume presents

Advertisement
Speaking of support staff.... I was surfing through the Bama board to see if there was anything on Bogle since the visits yesterday. They have a thread dedicated to their coaching hires so I took a look.

It appears that Kul is going to possibly remain as an on field coach through spring drills then move to a support staff role off the field. (although this may happen sooner or he may leave) This relieves him of recruiting duties. Also looks like Joe Pannunuzio is moving to an off field role or possibly out altogether. He is looking for an NFL spot - needs hip surgery or some such thing, etc.

All of Bogle's recruiting coaches will no longer be involved in coaching him. Only the guy Saban just hired from UF will be there - Sal Sunseri.

bogle is going to bama or tenn. we could rehire Kul as a support staff role and he still wouldn't come here.

I appreciate all the information you bring to this board... best poster IMO

Support staff can't actually coach players on technique, so why would you move Kul to such a position? His one strength, and its a big one, is developing on field technique.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great hire as an analyst, long time coaching experience & knows exactly what it takes to develop a NFL caliber Defensive lineman.

He coached at NC St with Diaz from 02-05, he was S&C coach & the DL coach when Diaz was LB coach, he also coached with Hickson at Akron.

When he was at Colorado State, he coached & recruited a bunch of Florida players (he was TE/Recruiting Cooridnator & DL coach at CSU): Steven Michel (Sony Michel's older brother), Charles Favors from Orlando (went to Dr. Phillips), CJ James from Orlando, Shaq Bell from Kissimmee, Marquise Law from Miami (went to American High), Nordly Capl from Ocoee, Tyler McDermott (Shane & KC's older brother), Charles Green from Sanford Fl, Te'jay Brown from Saint Petersburg & Curtis Wilson from Orlando.

He also coached TE Crockett Gilmore who got drafted by the Ravens.

While at NC St he also recruited Jevon Walker from South Dade, John Ware from Gibbons & Deandre Morgan from West Palm, 2 of those guys were DB's & he recruited them as a AHC/DL coach.

This guy could be a great addition to the staff & if any of the Defensive coaches (particularly Jess or maybe even Patke, which I doubt he would) wound up leaving he could step right in for them.

But overall, I think just adding another experienced Coach who understands different facets of the game on Offense, Defense & even S&C as well is an upgrade from the previous staff we had under Richt. It shows that Manny is not on some dictator sh*t where he needs to surround himself with a bunch of inexperienced guys & isn't afraid of adding coaches that can bring their own wisdom to the practice field & meeting rooms.

Advertisement
What exactly does an analyst do? They can coach and recruit kids only on campus?

What exactly does an analyst do? They can coach and recruit kids only on campus?
Basically another set of eyes. He can help coaching up the guys and breaking down film. The only thing is he can’t recruit unless on visits. You need a whole bunch of these dudes. Bama has more support staffers than actual position coaches. It’s just more help. Better preparation overall.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...out-diaz-um-carousel-has-fsu-ties/2448888002/

Found this article where Stroud is talking about Manny being hired 3 weeks ago. Some highlights:

* Stroud and Richt were roommates at FSU (1985) and he also was a groomsman in Richt's wedding

*Diaz attended FSU - where he was a sports writer on the school newspaper - and began his coaching career at FSU in 1998 as a graduate assistant

*"Manny will make it 'cool' to be a Cane," Stroud said. "He has a ton of energy and works smart and will surround himself with a staff of great recruiters. He will do a great job."

*Stroud and Diaz coached together at North Carolina State

*"When you are around a great coach, they sort of stick out like a sore thumb - that was Manny," Stroud said. "You knew he was going to hit it big because of his talents. I coached Jimbo (Fisher) at Samford and he was the same way. They have that gift, the ability to process information - schematically - very quickly. Manny is the total package."

Advertisement
Back