Akron Dline coach being hired for role TBD per football scoop

Advertisement
Great hire as an analyst, long time coaching experience & knows exactly what it takes to develop a NFL caliber Defensive lineman.

He coached at NC St with Diaz from 02-05, he was S&C coach & the DL coach when Diaz was LB coach, he also coached with Hickson at Akron.

When he was at Colorado State, he coached & recruited a bunch of Florida players (he was TE/Recruiting Cooridnator & DL coach at CSU): Steven Michel (Sony Michel's older brother), Charles Favors from Orlando (went to Dr. Phillips), CJ James from Orlando, Shaq Bell from Kissimmee, Marquise Law from Miami (went to American High), Nordly Capl from Ocoee, Tyler McDermott (Shane & KC's older brother), Charles Green from Sanford Fl, Te'jay Brown from Saint Petersburg & Curtis Wilson from Orlando.

He also coached TE Crockett Gilmore who got drafted by the Ravens.

While at NC St he also recruited Jevon Walker from South Dade, John Ware from Gibbons & Deandre Morgan from West Palm, 2 of those guys were DB's & he recruited them as a AHC/DL coach.

This guy could be a great addition to the staff & if any of the Defensive coaches (particularly Jess or maybe even Patke, which I doubt he would) wound up leaving he could step right in for them.

But overall, I think just adding another experienced Coach who understands different facets of the game on Offense, Defense & even S&C as well is an upgrade from the previous staff we had under Richt. It shows that Manny is not on some dictator sh*t where he needs to surround himself with a bunch of inexperienced guys & isn't afraid of adding coaches that can bring their own wisdom to the practice field & meeting rooms.
👀...

Fortune Teller El 🔮

Really hope Diaz takes this as an opportunity to add another high level support staffmember. I’m sure Stroud will still be helpful in other capacities in addition to his DL coaching, but if he was really set to operate as a sort of “chief of staff” then he’s now less likely to fully tackle that role. Would be nice to add another experienced staffer that Diaz can trust to take on some of that load

Coach Stroud actually has more experience in college & on the recruting trail than Jess did before he was hired.

I'm probably seein it with my Orange & Green shades on, but I don't think it will be much of a drop off from what Jess/Kul brought to the table & may even have a leg up on the recruiting side of the game due to his long history.

And I'm not just saying that, I already thought he was a good addition when it was just as an analyst.

Advertisement
👀...

Fortune Teller El 🔮

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back