Akheem Mesidor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Disruptor

You probably already touched on this but think he starts at one of the edge spots? I don’t think he is quite as powerful as the guy I’m about to mention but purelt from a size standpoint, Marlon Davidson started for Steele at DE and he had similar measurables. Davidson is a better run stopper but don’t think he was the pass rusher this kid is. Having him play end in base and sliding him inside on passing downs would be 🤌🏾.
Part of the reason why he left West VA is because they were playing him NT/0-Tech in most cases because they geared their DLine around Dante Stills. Mesidor obviously isn’t a 0/1-Tech & it was said he wanted to play DE because he felt he’s a better rusher from the Edge than he is from the interior.

I personally think he’s more of 3Tech or Inside 4Tech, but he can definitely play Strong-side DE for us especially with Agude & (potentially maybe) DJ Coleman being able to be the primary Weak-side rusher. His strong suite isn’t really setting the edge as a run defender, he’s best as a pass rusher, so it’s entirely possible he’s a 2-down DE & then on 3rd down kicks inside in particular sub-package.

Either way, just having another experienced vet to add on the DLine is great in whichever capacity he plays.

Plus on most DLine Stunts a guy of his skill set & body type will still be attacking B & C gaps on 3rd downs anyway lol.

And I thought F$U and Gaytors had some weirdos

Is this real life. He then tweeted the NCaA

2F385D08-B995-45AE-9180-B6FEF6E590A4.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Part of the reason why he left West VA is because they were playing him NT/0-Tech in most cases because they geared their DLine around Dante Stills. Mesidor obviously isn’t a 0/1-Tech & it was said he wanted to play DE because he felt he’s a better rusher from the Edge than he is from the interior.

I personally think he’s more of 3Tech or Inside 4Tech, but he can definitely play Strong-side DE for us especially with Agude & (potentially maybe) DJ Coleman being able to be the primary Weak-side rusher. His strong suite isn’t really setting the edge as a run defender, he’s best as a pass rusher, so it’s entirely possible he’s a 2-down DE & then on 3rd down kicks inside in particular sub-package.

Either way, just having another experienced vet to add on the DLine is great in whichever capacity he plays.

Plus on most DLine Stunts a guy of his skill set & body type will still be attacking B & C gaps on 3rd downs anyway lol.

I find it so hard to believe that there are actual football reasons for this kid leaving West Virginia, by God.

I have been led to believe that this is solely due his coach from 2 years ago tampering with him...

Advertisement

He looked like a DE being asked to play DT on that Oklahoma St video you posted.

Advertisement
That's not a good look for Coach Addae:
a) just ignore the guy, he's clearly a loon
b) you crazy ******** have guns - no way I'm telling a loon where I'm going to be

Just block the guy and get on about your day.

I didn't see Coach Addae respond. Those screens were just of that dude sliding in Mesidor's dm's and threatening him. Which Mesidor did respond to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back