AJ Legget

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Luke Stampini
@LukeStampini Luke Stampini
Watched AJ Leggett 2x this fall and he's made a strong case for the top DB in SoFla this yr + he has South Miami in the 2nd RD of playoffs
30 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Had two INT in his playoff game today. Please make it in

Advertisement
Very athletic and explosive. Natural skills. If his head is straight, he's going to be a good one.

Very athletic and explosive. Natural skills. If his head is straight, he's going to be a good one.
sounds like willie williams and latwan anderson

Or any other really athletic head case, sure. From the neck down, I would say Willams>Leggat>>Anderson. But they all had/have a **** of a ceiling.
based on what?

one major factor in where a kids "ceiling" would be.......is his head.....if he isnt coachable......has an ego.......or is just an idiot......his high water mark is whatever he can get from just his natural talent and he will never grow beyond that

Advertisement
He's pretty close to it. He has been easily a top 5 football player in the county this year imo

AJ needs someone to knock some sense into him. May be a great football player but walks around like he is Jesus or something

Advertisement

Or any other really athletic head case, sure. From the neck down, I would say Willams>Leggat>>Anderson. But they all had/have a **** of a ceiling.
based on what?

one major factor in where a kids "ceiling" would be.......is his head.....if he isnt coachable......has an ego.......or is just an idiot......his high water mark is whatever he can get from just his natural talent and he will never grow beyond that

Uh, their performance on the field and their overall physical talent?

based on what?

how many times have we seen kids excell in HS (often vs lesser talent) and appear to be very talented only to flop in college for one reason or another?

the ely trio
kyle
willie
moore
leggett
mc turnstyle
bobby washington
latwan

see where im going with this yet?

plenty of kids apper to have natural ability and perform "well" on the field in HS only to flop royally in college

Last edited:
He's pretty close to it. He has been easily a top 5 football player in the county this year imo

Anybody remember when he committed to FSU last year? He was regarded as the best DB in Florida then. He then committed to the Canes and all of a suddenly you never hear about him.

based on what?

how many times have we seen kids excell in HS (often vs lesser talent) and appear to be very talented only to flop in college for one reason or another?

the ely trio
kyle
willie
moore
leggett
mc turnstyle
bobby washington
latwan

see where im going with this yet?

plenty of kids apper to have natural ability and perform "well" on the field in HS only to flop royally in college

Dang Bobby Washington...I forgot about him. He was suppose to be the truth coming out of high school. Killian right?

Advertisement
He might be our most underrated recruit

Underrated according to who? He was regarded as the best DB in south FLA last year then he commited to the Canes and POOf............3 star.

**** look how ESPN is writing about Keith Brown now. How he will make an immediate impact there. And here I thought he was the 3rd best LB in this class

Ballers ball and recruiting experts can suck a left nut

He might be our most underrated recruit

I think some of that is because many of us don't believe he'll make it into school. I'm crossing my fingers that he can get his academics in order and stay out of the cross-hairs of the clearinghouse.

Advertisement
I would say underrated compared to Tracy Howard or Deon Bush, those two seem to get all the publicity and Leggett is every bit as good.

I would say underrated compared to Tracy Howard or Deon Bush, those two seem to get all the publicity and Leggett is every bit as good.

I'll take AJ over Deon. At this point anyway. Give me a guy who produces versus the guy with the combine numbers. Don't get me wrong though, I hope we land Deon....but I sure wish he'd make some big plays and take over games like AJ.

God how nice would it be to pull in secondary of THoward Leggett and Bush. Would be the 3 best secondary prospects we've pulled in the last 5 years or so

He has been very good at South Miami thisy ear. His coach has nothing but great things to say about him and he has been probably the main reason for the their great season. He did as much as 1 person could to win that first round playoff game. If he gets into school he could easily start as a freshmen

Advertisement
Back