Ahmmon Richards update

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Canes star sophomore WR Ahmmon Richards missed the team's opener against Bethune-Cookman as he nurses a tweaked hamstring. A source told Canesinsight on Monday night that Richards is back on the field doing light drills and is continuing his therapy.

Richards is on track to be healthy enough to see reps this weekend against Arkansas State as Miami coaches ideally want him to take the field before facing FSU in week 3, but the final determination has not yet been made.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's been resting for a few weeks now. This is good news. Need him back on the field to get in game shape

I was thinking this was a possibility earlier based on what some of our players were responding to this tweet that ahmmon posted
[TWEET]904840841407201282[/TWEET]

Advertisement
I wouldnt risk it vs Ark St. Probably won't need him. Let him LOOSE vs FSU!

Needs a tune up game imo. Will allow for our offense to gain a better sense of what we are before we go into tally going against that defense

Hamstrings can linger for a very long time.

Don't play him until he's 100%, even if it causes him to miss the FSU game. One game is not worth losing the Coastal by having your number one weapon hampered later in the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Don't play him until he's 100%, even if it causes him to miss the FSU game. One game is not worth losing the Coastal by having your number one weapon hampered later in the season.

This

lock the thread . . . oh wait!

Normally I would agree, but we absolutely cannot lose the FSU game this year. Especially under the circumstances re their QB being out and a Tr-Fr starting. I understand what you are saying regarding "bigger picture" here but there is no picture that shouldnt include us beating FSU this year. And we will need him to beat them.

Advertisement
I'm sure they know what they are doing. I doubt he needs a tune up and I doubt he'll play if he's not 100% and it's still lingering going into this weekend.

Advertisement
As an opposing fan, my guess is, he'll dress out, warm up. If he's good, and Richt and crew feel like they need him, he'll get limited reps. If they think they're okay without him, they'll take his helmet and let him spectate unless it gets too interesting.

If he has ANY twinge or tightness, he's out.

MRW Ahmmon comes back

dead-0.gif

Normally I would agree, but we absolutely cannot lose the FSU game this year. Especially under the circumstances re their QB being out and a Tr-Fr starting. I understand what you are saying regarding "bigger picture" here but there is no picture that shouldnt include us beating FSU this year. And we will need him to beat them.

Play him vs. F$U. Sit him for a month after that.

Advertisement
Back