**** Ahmmon. I don't blame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here come the idiots shouting from mom’s basement that he will definitely get drafted.

So what? The idea isn’t to leave early to get drafted; the idea behind leaving early is that your draft status is 1st or 2nd round and you won’t improve that status by going back to college for another year. That’s clearly (to anyone with an IQ over 68) not the case with Richards.

Somehow, the “go get your $40k signing bonus!!!” idiots who follow this program and think every player should leave early have bastardized the entire early entry process to become a matter of merely being picked somewhere in rounds 5 through 7.

I think it'd be absolutely moronic for him to leave. I never said once, nor would I ever, that he SHOULD leave. He absolutely, positively should not.

But I think he will because I think he can still be drafted high enough to make some money. And the kids at Miami have made a career out of poor decisions like this. I hope I'm wrong and he doesn't follow suit, but I wouldn't bet on it. IMO he's gone. We'll see.

Advertisement
My guy at Hecht won't confirm or deny anything about AR. In fact, he won't even pick up the phone or respond to my emails, tweets, texts or Instagrams.

I might have to just head over there.

Last edited:
Whatchu talking 'bout CD? If AR declares he'd be giving up hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions. Getting on a NFL roster would be an uphill battle after getting drafted in the 7th round (that's what 1 decent year + 2 injury plagued years gets you, on a good day).

He could also transfer a la Kelly Bryant and play next year for a different team, but with NKosi at the realm, that would also make no sense.

Unless his career is over for medical reasons, or he somehow discovered some other passion, what you are insinuating makes no sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the EFF OUTTA HERE with this Rico Gathers talk too.

That dude is beyond an anomaly and is being paid at basically the league minimum with a $50k signing bonus right now as he's a ZERO factor on that team (aside from being the current target of massive ridicule in Dallas. Does he have a single career reception?) and probably won't see a second contract.

THAT'S the standard we're using here to say college doesn't matter and that Richards should look to. Ooooookay!

Advertisement
Yup. That’s my point. Coley was super talented and he performed in big games - 7th round pick.
Obviously injuries played a factor and that’s the same issue Richards has and it’s worse. Coley only missed a few games in his career and looked hurt every single play. Richards has missed 9 games and still has the rest of this year and possibly next year.

Assuming he stays healthy, JT4 looks like the only guy who should leave after 3. He’s a true game breaker on offense with ST potential. Similar to DJax

The NFL cares a lot about whetb
And Ahmmon Richards will be drafted due to his athletic ability. And I'm fully aware he played basketball, but you did zero to dispel my thought, which is it doesn't matter how much football you play. Richards won't come out because he only played 1 year? This dude played none years and was drafted. Again, it doesn't matter. I expect him to leave and I expect him to be drafted because he does have some tape and he's going to test very well. Similarly I expect Travis Homer to be drafted higher than what you'd think his production would dictate because he'll test well. They don't care how good you are in college. I can't stress this enough. The NFL thinks they can teach you to be a good player, they can't teach you to be a 6'2 200lb WR who runs a sub 4.4 40. Ahmmon reminds me a lot of Chris Godwin....I think they'll put up similar combine numbers and somewhere in the 3rd round is where I expect Richards to go, just like Godwin.

This isn’t about being “taught” to be a good player. It’s about physically being able to participate in football. Two totally different things.

Being signed as an UFA and getting invited to ANY training camp is always preferable than returning to school.

Advertisement
Get the EFF OUTTA HERE with this Rico Gathers talk too.

That dude is beyond an anomaly and is being paid at basically the league minimum with a $50k signing bonus right now as he's a ZERO factor on that team (aside from being the current target of massive ridicule in Dallas. Does he have a single career reception?) and probably won't see a second contract.

THAT'S the standard we're using here to say college doesn't matter and that Richards should look to. Ooooookay!

Not at all. Just evidence you don't need tape to be drafted. Again, I've never said he should leave. He should not. For the 10000th time. But Kendrick Norton Jr. should not have come out. RJ McIntosh should not have come out. These kids don't make the correct decision often. And it seems at Miami, they make the wrong decision far more often than most. So I expect him to declare, and hope I'm wrong. But the people here saying he won't come out because he doesn't have enough film, as if that would deter the NFL from drafting him, are flat wrong.

The NFL cares a lot about whetb

This isn’t about being “taught” to be a good player. It’s about physically being able to participate in football. Two totally different things.

He'd be completely fine to participate in football by March.

Not at all. Just evidence you don't need tape to be drafted. Again, I've never said he should leave. He should not. For the 10000th time. But Kendrick Norton Jr. should not have come out. RJ McIntosh should not have come out. These kids don't make the correct decision often. And it seems at Miami, they make the wrong decision far more often than most. So I expect him to declare, and hope I'm wrong. But the people here saying he won't come out because he doesn't have enough film, as if that would deter the NFL from drafting him, are flat wrong.

Fair enough- only because you're clarifying it with a caveat of our kids having the propensity to make horrible misinformed decisions on this front.

Advertisement
He'd be completely fine to participate in football by March.

You don’t even know what his injury is. You aren’t a doctor. And that’s what they said this year, and he’s played one half of football. So stop acting like this is over whether Richards has enough “film.” The issue is not whether Richards has potential. He pretty clearly has high level NFL athleticism and skill.

Why don’t you find examples of guys who barely played over two seasons, had multiple knee and other injuries, played one half of football in the year they entered the draft, and still were drafted?

Or, you know, he could be hurt?

Long gone.

Those of you saying he only has 1 year of tape are so misinformed it's not even funny.

Rico Gathers was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL draft. He had not played a snap of organized football since MIDDLE SCHOOL. Let me say that again. He did not play football in High School. He did not play football at Baylor. He last played football when he was 13 years old, decided he wanted to play football in the NFL, went to Baylor's pro day, and was drafted.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it until people listen, but the NFL does not care in the least bit what you did in college. Richards has far and away enough tape to get drafted. Not remotely an issue. If he wants to come out, and I suspect he will because kids at Miami are completely brainless when it comes to these decisions, he can easily get drafted partly on his college tape and mainly depending on how he tests.

That's all the NFL cares about. Size, speed, strength. Not only do you not have to be a good football player, you don't even have to be a football player. I have a sinking feeling we've all watched Ahmmon Richards play his last game as a Cane, and if so, I'm not sure I can remember more disappointing careers after what that kid did as a freshman.
Apples and oranges.

Gathers is a freak of nature at a position (TE) that attracts such projects. Our very own Erik Swoope is kicking around the NFL after never played organised football.

Richards would be leaving to the NFL with one year of game tape at a ridiculously competitive position. If Coley, who produced much more here, is bouncing around the bottom of a roster, where do you think Richards would be at this point in time of his development?

Advertisement
Ban this fool. Tired of the shtick which should be at the WEZ.

So is he leaving or transferring.
If he’s transferring his brother is gone.
He probably feels like the coaches weren’t listening to the players and receivers cause they wanted Malik out and a bad throw injured him and ruined his season.
But losing him is a huge blow.
Can’t win a natty when we keep losing guys like him to the draft or transfer. It’s a also another recruiting disaster if he leaves to another program.

Those guy is the worst least knowledgeable poster here. Never played a down of football.

There’s a big difference between norton and Richards. There’s a huge difference from 6-7th round money and 1-2. Yeah, I think he’d get drafted b/c someone would take a flier on. Him late round off measurables.

And pac, stop speculating, you sound like a little *****.

If he come see back and plays and plays well, he’ll probably leave. If not, I bet he comes back hopefully with some other jrs and takes a run at the N.C. b/c this team will be in a position to contend next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back