**** Ahmmon. I don't blame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Long gone.

Those of you saying he only has 1 year of tape are so misinformed it's not even funny.

Rico Gathers was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL draft. He had not played a snap of organized football since MIDDLE SCHOOL. Let me say that again. He did not play football in High School. He did not play football at Baylor. He last played football when he was 13 years old, decided he wanted to play football in the NFL, went to Baylor's pro day, and was drafted.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it until people listen, but the NFL does not care in the least bit what you did in college. Richards has far and away enough tape to get drafted. Not remotely an issue. If he wants to come out, and I suspect he will because kids at Miami are completely brainless when it comes to these decisions, he can easily get drafted partly on his college tape and mainly depending on how he tests.

That's all the NFL cares about. Size, speed, strength. Not only do you not have to be a good football player, you don't even have to be a football player. I have a sinking feeling we've all watched Ahmmon Richards play his last game as a Cane, and if so, I'm not sure I can remember more disappointing careers after what that kid did as a freshman.

Inappropriate content
Ahmmon the alchemist. Making Gold out of straw.

I'll miss you and always consider you a Cane no matter where you end up.

If ya don't know. Now ya know.

Hey loser, did you read that rule again? Never heard from ya again once I shut you up.

Use your brain for a second. Richards is a Junior this year, and unless he's graduated, he'd have to sit out a year. Doesn't make sense for him to transfer at this point.

He's played in fewer than 5 games this season, so IF he were to transfer this season would count as a redshirt season and he'd be eligible to play in 2019.

That said, there's nothing out there that he's unhappy or looking to transfer. Not like he's healthy and not getting in games or not being included in the offense. I don't buy the transfer notion for a second, if that's even what this thread was meant to imply.

Advertisement
Long gone.

Those of you saying he only has 1 year of tape are so misinformed it's not even funny.

Rico Gathers was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL draft. He had not played a snap of organized football since MIDDLE SCHOOL. Let me say that again. He did not play football in High School. He did not play football at Baylor. He last played football when he was 13 years old, decided he wanted to play football in the NFL, went to Baylor's pro day, and was drafted.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it until people listen, but the NFL does not care in the least bit what you did in college. Richards has far and away enough tape to get drafted. Not remotely an issue. If he wants to come out, and I suspect he will because kids at Miami are completely brainless when it comes to these decisions, he can easily get drafted partly on his college tape and mainly depending on how he tests.

That's all the NFL cares about. Size, speed, strength. Not only do you not have to be a good football player, you don't even have to be a football player. I have a sinking feeling we've all watched Ahmmon Richards play his last game as a Cane, and if so, I'm not sure I can remember more disappointing careers after what that kid did as a freshman.

It's not about him having 1 year of tape. It's about him being injured much more often than not.

It's not about him having 1 year of tape. It's about him being injured much more often than not.

Doesn't matter. The NFL thinks their trainers are better than Miami's. It's the biggest collection of egomaniacs you can possibly imagine. College means NOTHING.

Doesn't matter. The NFL thinks their trainers are better than Miami's. It's the biggest collection of egomaniacs you can possibly imagine. College means NOTHING.

If this was true, no 5* hs kids would play college football. Why risk your 7 figure income potential if it means nothing.

Think CD is saying that AR is working the bike like the person who makes gold. He also doesn’t think he will play here again because of the injuries.

I doubt any of the juniors leave at this point as 2019 has natty potential written all over it.

Advertisement
Think CD is saying that AR is working the bike like the person who makes gold. He also doesn’t think he will play here again because of the injuries.

I doubt any of the juniors leave at this point as 2019 has natty potential written all over it.

Homer is 100% gone.

Long gone.

Lol **** that’s crazy regarding Rico Gathers

Long gone.

You can always get drafted based on physical traits.
The issue is how much do you want to get paid? A guy like Homer should go because his draft stock is what it is. He’s not going to go any higher by returning. So he’s not really costing himself a higher pay day.

With Richards, the difference in what round he would go in after this year compared to if he came back, is enormous. And so the potential money differential is enormous.

Also- based on interviews, AR82 comes off as an extremely intelligent and thoughtful kid. Doesn't seem like a kid that is going to make a stupid decision.

Advertisement
Thanks OP but I’m going to wait for SMD’s cycling report for confirmation on this one.

One way or the other, I doubt Richards comes back for his senior year.

Advertisement
Lol **** that’s crazy regarding Rico Gathers

It was crazy but also Gathers is the exception, not the rule.... A similar argument could be made for Jimmy Graham, both him and Gathers played basketball, were athletic, tested well. Jimmy had one year of football, and was drafted in the third round. To also add to the list, Erik Swoopes, and Antonio Gates were also basketball players, played no football, tested well, and were signed as UFA. Is it possible to only play middle school football AND get drafted? yes. Is it possible to steer my car with my feet? yes. But both are dumb.

Also, this is a dumb thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back