Aggressive Play Calling

didn't have a problem with being aggressive but did have a problem with snapping the ball with too much time on the playclock. also our bend and get broken in two defense showed up again.

it never went anywhere. the defense is smoke and mirrors. most of the time when it is successful its actually due to the other team just really sucking.

even vs. NU - Nebraska had about 1,000 dropped balls. they shot themselves in the foot over and over again

Advertisement
didn't have a problem with being aggressive but did have a problem with snapping the ball with too much time on the playclock. also our bend and get broken in two defense showed up again.

I thought D'No blitzed quite a bit including the drive Nebraska ended up tying the score. I blame Howard on bad coverage, especially the 2 point play where he has his back completely turned away from the ball.

they're taught to do that. watch some old practice videos and we he did there is textbook paul williams coaching for redzone defense. can't blame it all on howard. not too mention "blitzing with this team" can technically just be rushing 4 guys. saw 5 guys rush a few times but the play calling was pretty conservative on defense, especially as the game progressed.

I thought D'No blitzed quite a bit including the drive Nebraska ended up tying the score. I blame Howard on bad coverage, especially the 2 point play where he has his back completely turned away from the ball.

once again, that's how they're taught in practice.

it never went anywhere. the defense is smoke and mirrors. most of the time when it is successful its actually due to the other team just really sucking.

even vs. NU - Nebraska had about 1,000 dropped balls. they shot themselves in the foot over and over again

My man I looked at the game like 3 times (dont know why)...The commentators was making too much of the drop balls. It aint like they were easy catches. Almost all but one or two was diving or the receiver just getting knocked the F out. They was making it seem like they were wide open or something...not the case.

That interception in the end zone was on one person and his name is Stacy Coley....don't know if he is hurt or butt hurt. If he would have ran his route the way it was designed... Dobard had his man beat for what would have been a perfect pass from Kaaya.

Gorlden and Dorito love guys like you. You are a real coal shoveler.

I was actually blaming it more on Dobard. The TD is still there if he makes a play on the ball instead of just putting his hands out and waiting for it to come to him.

Advertisement
Sometimes the truth hurts....my point is this had Stacy not ran a **** poor route, Dobard would not had to fight for a pass that was perfectly placed. **** Golden and the coaches staff I would have fired his *** before he hit the locker room. My point was sometimes the players don't always do what they're cochrd up to do!!

Those two Walton scores and Scott's catch would've changed this narrative but people on this board are fcking lames cant win against these clowns

you say that and yet corn has no problem attacking guys in coverage so they just say it to corn but not tracy? same with artie? deon?

It's always easier to look back and say we should've done this, or that. I too liked the fact that they were being aggressive. The interception by Kaaya changed the mo in the game. Don't be surprised if Golden goes back to wanting a more conservative attack, because is who he is.

Probably. He already pitch Brad toward bus wheels by specifically mentioning that pick and defending the D as getting tired.

He already pitch OC James Coley under the bus here too, by saying that he probably should have told Coley to 'play it conservative and go for the field goal." So, he made the point clear that: The INT was not him! But the INT was on James Coley and owned by COLEY.

Advertisement
That interception in the end zone was on one person and his name is Stacy Coley....don't know if he is hurt or butt hurt. If he would have ran his route the way it was designed... Dobard had his man beat for what would have been a perfect pass from Kaaya.

Gorlden and Dorito love guys like you. You are a real coal shoveler.

I was actually blaming it more on Dobard. The TD is still there if he makes a play on the ball instead of just putting his hands out and waiting for it to come to him.

I put it on the coaches for calling the play and choosing Dobard for that pass. You are what you are.

Dude has never been known to have sick vertical or for any real athleticism; that what's Njoku and Herndon were supposed be for and what these coaches had been bragging about all Fall camp. The play has to fit the player's strength.

If they wanted a jump ball, they should have plugged Njoku, Brady, Herndon, or even the 6'6 Baltimorean in there.

you say that and yet corn has no problem attacking guys in coverage so they just say it to corn but not tracy? same with artie? deon?

no, artie got caught doing it several times Saturday. Even his int had more to do with armstrong throwing a horrible pass. When have you seen a scenario where bush has turned around to find the ball? not sure why you included him as he's rarely in position to faceguard or locate the ball. his' picks have either been off of tipped passes or playing over the top. corn is corn. guy just plays his as off. before thinking i'm just talking crap, go back and watch the practice videos of williams working with the dbs in redzone defense and try to tell me he doesn't have all of them faceguard. why is this so hard to believe? it's the conservative mentality. in some ways faceguarding is the safer when to play the ball in the air and our coaches love being safe and hope the other team just makes mistakes.

It's always easier to look back and say we should've done this, or that. I too liked the fact that they were being aggressive. The interception by Kaaya changed the mo in the game. Don't be surprised if Golden goes back to wanting a more conservative attack, because is who he is.

Probably. He already pitch Brad toward bus wheels by specifically mentioning that pick and defending the D as getting tired.

He already pitch OC James Coley under the bus here too, by saying that he probably should have told Coley to 'play it conservative and go for the field goal." So, he made the point clear that: The INT was not him! But the INT was on James Coley and owned by COLEY.

Al Gorlden is the personification of feckless.

Psussies around here are still trying to blame Tracy Howard.

What a joke this whole progrum has become.

no, artie got caught doing it several times Saturday. Even his int had more to do with armstrong throwing a horrible pass. When have you seen a scenario where bush has turned around to find the ball? not sure why you included him as he's rarely in position to faceguard or locate the ball. his' picks have either been off of tipped passes or playing over the top. corn is corn. guy just plays his as off. before thinking i'm just talking crap, go back and watch the practice videos of williams working with the dbs in redzone defense and try to tell me he doesn't have all of them faceguard. why is this so hard to believe? it's the conservative mentality. in some ways faceguarding is the safer when to play the ball in the air and our coaches love being safe and hope the other team just makes mistakes.

there we go its because the player is good and not the coaches, you know corn didn't really come in as a corner, and bush has made plenty of plays not because of tipped passes, and I've been to practices first hand and their drills are just the same as any other schools

Advertisement
its ok to be aggressive but you have to know when to snap the **** ball and what situations to be aggressive. when you're up by 23 w 8 min to go, you don't have to throw the ball all over the field. u can sit on the ball and you'll win

its ok to be aggressive but you have to know when to snap the **** ball and what situations to be aggressive. when you're up by 23 w 8 min to go, you don't have to throw the ball all over the field. u can sit on the ball and you'll win

but then people would ***** about that lmao, i would have been more ground oriented and short quick passes away from the sidelines, thats about the only thing i had against coleys play calling

This team isn't great due to the choices made from the top. I believe this team is really talented, but severely mismanaged...

No way in the world, we shouldn't have gotten out of spread formation, for some other red-zone specific packages; for anything less than 5-7yards out of the endzone. If we get 3 TD's instead of FG's and/or to avoid the Kaaya INT in the end-zone, we would have blown Nebraska out.

With a grittier coach, with a bigger set of balls than Golden, we would've shot up in the polls, and Kaayaa would have been in Heisman talks this morning. Yes, the team looked better, as it's starting to show that we have athletes now; but coaching makes all the difference in the world.

Poor roster management (not using Gray/Tucker 3yards out from the endzone & to muscle for 1st downs in the 4th Quarter), poor time management (snapping the ball in the with 15-20 seconds left ont he clock in the 4th, dumb predictable play calling when if counts (lack of balls) all points to the coach being unprepared for the moment.

I may be in the minority here but the commentators and many fans were complaining about Golden not being more conservative and running the ball more later in the game to use the clock but personally I loved that ****...Of course due to some miscues and penalties, it didnt work out but I liked the fact that the normally conservative Golden wanted to keep his foot on the gas. Thats how the great Miami teams and current TCU, Oregon and Baylor play. They never take their foot off the gas. Just my opinion...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Normal Golden is sitting on the ball, playing not to lose. Thats one of the reasons his seat is hotter than Miami weather. So he definitely couldve let the clock go down a little more b4 snapping but im fine with him keeping the foot on the gas...

the team woulda possibly been ranked if they held onto the blowout but it woulda been smoke and mirrors.

this team will never be good with Al Golden and his horrible defense.

the team woulda possibly been ranked if they held onto the blowout but it woulda been smoke and mirrors.

this team will never be good with Al Golden and his horrible defense.

who cares if we are ranked now, all that matters is what it is at the end of the year, we were all happy in 2013 being ranked after the florida game, and it didn't even help in recruiting

We shouldve been passing more in that fourth quarter. We couldn't run on them on obvious run downs. Only when we opened up the passing game. Every third and 1 or goal line situation we came up short. We tried to shove it up the middle to convert on those last couple third downs. One Kaaya pass to a tight end and we can run out the clock.

Advertisement
Back