Aggressive Play Calling

shayleon

Sophomore
I may be in the minority here but the commentators and many fans were complaining about Golden not being more conservative and running the ball more later in the game to use the clock but personally I loved that ****...Of course due to some miscues and penalties, it didnt work out but I liked the fact that the normally conservative Golden wanted to keep his foot on the gas. Thats how the great Miami teams and current TCU, Oregon and Baylor play. They never take their foot off the gas. Just my opinion...

Advertisement
It's always easier to look back and say we should've done this, or that. I too liked the fact that they were being aggressive. The interception by Kaaya changed the mo in the game. Don't be surprised if Golden goes back to wanting a more conservative attack, because is who he is.

didn't have a problem with being aggressive but did have a problem with snapping the ball with too much time on the playclock. also our bend and get broken in two defense showed up again.

I liked it a lot more than how he's been the rest of his time at Miami. Hopefully we see signs of it against Cincy and if we go up early on FSU he continues it. I won't be surprised if we go back to our conservative ways, but at the same time I feel like Al feels the heat and wouldn't be surprised if he keeps trying to learn how to have a cutthroat mentality.

There is a fine line between "aggressiveness" and "careless stupidity" combined with poor clock management.

The mark of a Golden team is sloppy conservative football.

Advertisement
It's always easier to look back and say we should've done this, or that. I too liked the fact that they were being aggressive. The interception by Kaaya changed the mo in the game. Don't be surprised if Golden goes back to wanting a more conservative attack, because is who he is.

Probably. He already pitch Brad toward bus wheels by specifically mentioning that pick and defending the D as getting tired.

The coaching staff did what a lot of people here were saying they could not do. They opened up the offense and called more aggressive plays compared to the first two weeks.
Hopefully it continues and we play smarter on both sides of the ball and commit less penalties as the weeks go by.

I feel like Golden has been trying to put his own conservative brand on a team that everybody knows are successful only when being aggressive on both ends. Maybe this hot *** seat of his has caused him to stand up and buy in to what made Miami great, being aggressive. But then again maybe not, dude has a tendency to tease us into believing we can be good. Hopefully he keeps being aggressive...if not, bring on Chip, Butch or whoever is willing to coach Miami right.

It's not being aggressive, it's football IQ. How do you not run the play clock under 10? Under 5? When you have a lead in the 4th quarter, you don't snap the ball at 17-20 seconds. Throw it, fine, but snap it under 5 seconds. We gave Nebraska extra minutes.

Advertisement
It's not being aggressive, it's football IQ. How do you not run the play clock under 10? Under 5? When you have a lead in the 4th quarter, you don't snap the ball at 17-20 seconds. Throw it, fine, but snap it under 5 seconds. We gave Nebraska extra minutes.

One could say that if the players execute the plays correctly and not get penalized no one would be asking about running the ball or clock management in those situations.
Walton's two TD's that were nullified come to mind.

Last edited:
Did OP just compare us to the current incarnations of TCU, Oregon and Baylor?

This place is always good for the lulz.

I like the aggressiveness. The only play I had a problem with was the 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter when Kaaya threw the long pass to Scott and he bobbled it and it wasnt ruled a catch. You have to run it in that situation to at least bleed the clock but other than that we need to get back to not letting up.

Everyone made mistakes at the end. The coaches, the players, and the refs. The coaches should've told Kaaya to take his time, D'Onofrio shouldn't have went soft the first TD drive of the 4th and should have went with McCord spying earlier than just in OT, Kaaya missed a few TDs, but overall there is still a lot of positives to take from the game. The team can either learn and become the team we saw the first 52 minutes and keep that up, or they can be the team that let Nebraska come back. Judging from the locker rooms videos and interviews, the players are taking it the right way and that gives me some optimism which is weird with Golden.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here but the commentators and many fans were complaining about Golden not being more conservative and running the ball more later in the game to use the clock but personally I loved that ****...Of course due to some miscues and penalties, it didnt work out but I liked the fact that the normally conservative Golden wanted to keep his foot on the gas. Thats how the great Miami teams and current TCU, Oregon and Baylor play. They never take their foot off the gas. Just my opinion...

The commentators were actually complete idiots about it. They complained at first that we were being too conservative...during a drive where we were throwing on first downs! Then the very next drive, they complained that we should have been running the ball more the past couple drives to eat up the clock. That's the problem with many commentators is they talk just for the sake of talking, and are often inconsistent or just plain wrong.

I think what happened was they were aggressive early on and scoring with ease. His natural tendencies kicked in, which happen to be defending the lead and playing conservative. Once he realized playing conservative was failing and they were going to lose the lead he went into panic mode and back to trying to be aggressive.

I can't remember a game where this team has EVER gone for the opponents throat. They had at least 10 chances on Saturday and they failed at every one of them. It makes their 3rd down conversion percentages look fantastic.

That interception in the end zone was on one person and his name is Stacy Coley....don't know if he is hurt or butt hurt. If he would have ran his route the way it was designed... Dobard had his man beat for what would have been a perfect pass from Kaaya.

Advertisement
Miami was aggressive and made them pay But.... The officials negated all the positive plays on o in the 4th

That interception in the end zone was on one person and his name is Stacy Coley....don't know if he is hurt or butt hurt. If he would have ran his route the way it was designed... Dobard had his man beat for what would have been a perfect pass from Kaaya.

Gorlden and Dorito love guys like you. You are a real coal shoveler.

didn't have a problem with being aggressive but did have a problem with snapping the ball with too much time on the playclock. also our bend and get broken in two defense showed up again.

I thought D'No blitzed quite a bit including the drive Nebraska ended up tying the score. I blame Howard on bad coverage, especially the 2 point play where he has his back completely turned away from the ball.

Did OP just compare us to the current incarnations of TCU, Oregon and Baylor?

This place is always good for the lulz.

Not at all fellow Cane fan...didnt compare Miami to them at all. Mentioned them as evidence of successful teams that utilize aggressive playcalling even with a big lead....they never take their foot off the gas.

Advertisement
Back