Agents

Advertisement
Imo. anyone not seeing op’s point of view is just accepting the slow death of college football. Its heading in a college basketball direction of “one and dones” with no loyalty to a university and sloppy/poor quality football. And if you think UM can keep up with the big money schools, you’re crazy.
Oh well. Maybe, not just maybe you shouldn't tie your self worth to a group of people that are being denied the right to practice market based capitalism. If college sports ended tomorrow, the school listed on my diploma wouldn't change, and I would love The U just as much as I do today. As I stated in another thread, maybe your line of thought doesn't resonate with me because I'm not a sociopath that thinks that my need to be entertained has to be satisfied at all costs, people be damned.

College sports is a farce and it's about time we did something about it. College coaches are making 6-8 figures per year, they are by far the highest paid state employees nationwide. That's possible because the typical student-athlete, the person we pay to see doesn't have a single economic right. Salute to GR15 for utilizing one of the few tools at his disposal.

He signed with Rosenhaus very quickly. You can guarantee Drew was in his ear for a while.
Nature of the beast. Probably after fsu game.. Maybe earlier, too much money on table, he probably subscribed to all recruiting services actually

Is it surprising that there aren't tons of practice squad seniors opting out? If Covid is this deadly disease with lasting permanent damage, why aren't the players who will never be professional opting out? They have just as much to lose by getting it, right?

Yea those buildings probably set themselves on fire
Yay, like agents have anything to fo with antifa.
There has not been any proof of any group responsible for buildings set on fire. Any suggestion otherwise is political propaganda and has no place here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s several factors that have been “killing” our team for a while. In one of caneville’s videos they stated that in the last few years there has been something like 23 players that have been cut from the team for either injuries grades or transfer. That’s almost an entire recruiting class! Now you add on top of that the dudes that leave early and lack of quality PWO’s, poor coaching continuity, relying on grad transfers or transfer portal (most are one and done), and you have a real problem.
As far as the incentive to stay it may not always be money. It could just simply be fun. So while I call BS on GR leaving cause of covid, I would at least say that his last season at Miami was anything but fun. From the loses to social media clowning of our school he doesn’t really have a good memory to say “no man I’m staying”. If we would’ve been in the playoffs or the acccg and a bowl win then his memory of that season with the media coverage and exposure may have been enough to make him stay. Instead his last memory was a shutout to LA Tech.

But let’s take another angle. With success on recruiting there comes a problem. Look at the dtackle situation. Let’s say there is a Junior next year that has a break out season and looks to be 4-5 round pick but behind him is a stud freshman that the oline says is clearly better than the dude starting. That player might not want to risk his spot and leave early and every single parking lot leach is going to tell him to bounce. It’s a tough choice for both player and coaches. Coach wants the best for the kid but if the new guy is way better someone might transfer or declare. There goes quality depth for practice and a possible steep drop off in talent if the starter gets hurt even for a week or two.
But If a day one or day 2 guy is starting and feasting, the young guy might not be quite there yet even if he’s a 5 star elite can’t miss prospect.
And let’s say that prospect doesn’t start till his Junior year and is having a blast going to bowl games or the playoffs, he is more likely to stay one more year.

Until these young men can earn a living wage playing college football, I can't blame'em. I don't always like a player leaving early. I don't always agree with them leaving early. But, go get that money, I guess.
Why do the players in college need to make a living wage? It's not a job. They're playing football (or other sports) and getting an education, with housing, meals, training, medical, etc. AND, they have the exposure to the NFL that they would never have gotten otherwise. The REAL solution is for the NFL to create a minor league and for the NCAA to amend it's rules to allow players to be drafted right out of high school. Then those who have the talent can go straight to the league and those, who value an education, can do their thing as well.

Yeah....maybe if he declared early AFTER the season. Dudes will be opting out after junior year in high school soon.

Yep. Sadly, this nonsense Covid shield is going to provide an unfortunate precedent. This year, you can use Covid as an excuse to opt out. Next year, or the year after, when Covid is a non or very small issue, kids won't get nearly the backlash for opting out because the kids this year are setting the precedent.

It certainly won't affect the vast majority of athletes. But for the elite of the elite, college football is going to turn into pretty **** close to a one-and-done model that CBB is dealing with. Ease into a role your freshman year, dominate your sophomore year and cement a first round grade, opt out your junior year, collect checks.

Why do the players in college need to make a living wage? It's not a job. They're playing football (or other sports) and getting an education, with housing, meals, training, medical, etc. AND, they have the exposure to the NFL that they would never have gotten otherwise. The REAL solution is for the NFL to create a minor league and for the NCAA to amend it's rules to allow players to be drafted right out of high school. Then those who have the talent can go straight to the league and those, who value an education, can do their thing as well.
why Do kids w elite talent need to be able to monetize off their talent while everyone else is?

Advertisement
Yep. Sadly, this nonsense Covid shield is going to provide an unfortunate precedent. This year, you can use Covid as an excuse to opt out. Next year, or the year after, when Covid is a non or very small issue, kids won't get nearly the backlash for opting out because the kids this year are setting the precedent.

It certainly won't affect the vast majority of athletes. But for the elite of the elite, college football is going to turn into pretty **** close to a one-and-done model that CBB is dealing with. Ease into a role your freshman year, dominate your sophomore year and cement a first round grade, opt out your junior year, collect checks.
Good if that happens. That’s their right and it’s about time they change the landscape. How many guys could’ve left after their second year didn’t Bc of the rules and their careers were taken from them due to injuries while playing for free? if you’re gonna put your body on the line, get paid to do so at least Bc everyone else around them is and they’re the ones sacrificing

Yay, like agents have anything to fo with antifa.
There has not been any proof of any group responsible for buildings set on fire. Any suggestion otherwise is political propaganda and has no place here.

Im sure the autonomous zone “Chaz/Chop” Antifa took in Washington State was also a governmental conspiracy?

Its pretty crazy that the riots you see on camera every night are fake and a conspiracy, but we’re supposed to wholesale believe Russia stole our election with zero evidence.

Im sure the autonomous zone “Chaz/Chop” Antifa took in Washington State was also a governmental conspiracy?

Its pretty crazy that the riots you see on camera every night are fake and a conspiracy, but we’re supposed to wholesale believe Russia stole our election with zero evidence.
I'm not going to argue with stupidity. I'll state the facts and be done with you.

. The US Intelligence agencies, FBI, House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Mueller report on Russian interference, DOJ indictment of 12 Russian military officers for election interference.

Good if that happens. That’s their right and it’s about time they change the landscape. How many guys could’ve left after their second year didn’t Bc of the rules and their careers were taken from them due to injuries while playing for free? if you’re gonna put your body on the line, get paid to do so at least Bc everyone else around them is and they’re the ones sacrificing

Not "if" that happens. It's happening. It just did with our best player.

But you're not wrong. The kids get nothing when they're in school, while everyone around them gets rich. It's bull****. Just saying, this type of thing degrades the product many of us love more than anything. But from the kid's perspective, you're certainly not wrong.

Advertisement
Not "if" that happens. It's happening. It just did with our best player.

But you're not wrong. The kids get nothing when they're in school, while everyone around them gets rich. It's bull****. Just saying, this type of thing degrades the product many of us love more than anything. But from the kid's perspective, you're certainly not wrong.
Who exactly is getting rich? Or is it the perception that they are?

I'm not going to argue with stupidity. I'll state the facts and be done with you.

. The US Intelligence agencies, FBI, House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Mueller report on Russian interference, DOJ indictment of 12 Russian military officers for election interference.

This is the equivalent of Bama and Georgia self reporting violations. No one was indicted for “collusion.” Not one vote was changed. This was a side show and it’s becoming more obvious by the day the more info Barr and Durham release.

Advertisement
Besides the schools, coaches, and conferences??
The reputable schools put that money back into other sports that aren't profitable for the benefit of student-athletes. Look at Miami's balance sheet. Football make a $5.3 million profit, whereas the athletics as a whole makes $0.2 million. That's not exactly a lot. I know other schools aren't the same way, but the majority are probably similar.

Coaches are another story, but absent the sanctioning body implement some sort of constraint, supply and demand will take over. Miami has taken plenty of heat for not spending more.

Conferences suck. We agree here.

The question is how do you pay players without ******** over the other athletes? It seems like the NIL legislation will cover this nicely because the school doesn't have to play favorites. You retain the equality between the most desirable 5 star and the walk on granted a scholarship. We've been lucky to be a top program, even in our down years, but the thing to remember is that a very small percentage of college players will go to the NFL.

Let's not forget that these kids are being offered something that most others would love to have in a free ride through college, which the biggest benefit that 98% will ever get from it.

I was thinking this same thing when Greg opted out

The reputable schools put that money back into other sports that aren't profitable for the benefit of student-athletes. Look at Miami's balance sheet. Football make a $5.3 million profit, whereas the athletics as a whole makes $0.2 million. That's not exactly a lot. I know other schools aren't the same way, but the majority are probably similar.

Coaches are another story, but absent the sanctioning body implement some sort of constraint, supply and demand will take over. Miami has taken plenty of heat for not spending more.

Conferences suck. We agree here.

The question is how do you pay players without ******** over the other athletes? It seems like the NIL legislation will cover this nicely because the school doesn't have to play favorites. You retain the equality between the most desirable 5 star and the walk on granted a scholarship. We've been lucky to be a top program, even in our down years, but the thing to remember is that a very small percentage of college players will go to the NFL.

Let's not forget that these kids are being offered something that most others would love to have in a free ride through college, which the biggest benefit that 98% will ever get from it.
the NIL will surely help. since its still being written/discussed, id hope they let every athlete enter any deal they chose (whether its to be a part of the EA Sports franchise) or allowing to sell their jerseys w the names on the back (tbh, we all have an 11 canes jersey for one dude only). i hope it provides the incentive for kids who arent locks to not look for the first ticket out when they could benefit from another year. a kid like greg is going in the first and off boards RIGHT NOW after his decision to opt out, hes still top 5-6 overall in the coming draft so hes the exception. kids like him are always gone after three years. im more speaking towards the dudes weve seen leave early when it wasnt advisable too. NIL and income in college will help kids stay and still provide support for their families (bandy comes to mind)

Advertisement
Back