Agents

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has kids leave with draft grades in the 5-7 round range that regularly go undrafted. Lmfao at anyone that actually thought #15 was going to play.

I wouldnt say they been killing our program but they have benefited the most these past 15 years. We always have some type of NFL talent on the team. With administration that hasn't been fully devoted and 3 bad coaches. It made it easier for agent to convince a kid to leave a bad situation. Get them with a cheap advance and short term contract. When our guys ball out. The agent cash in on the second contract. I'm not a sports agent expert tho.

We have had some guys leave early that had no business thinking about the NFL the last couple years but we havent gave them any incentive to stay either.

Advertisement
Imo. anyone not seeing op’s point of view is just accepting the slow death of college football. Its heading in a college basketball direction of “one and dones” with no loyalty to a university and sloppy/poor quality football. And if you think UM can keep up with the big money schools, you’re crazy.

Imo. anyone not seeing op’s point of view is just accepting the slow death of college football. Its heading in a college basketball direction of “one and dones” with no loyalty to a university and sloppy/poor quality football. And if you think UM can keep up with the big money schools, you’re crazy.
this is painfully true and I hate it. I used to be fairly into college basketball, but now it is so brutally uninteresting. The professional leagues with more money than they know what to do with and just throwing it at kids who are nowhere near ready physically or mentally.

this is painfully true and I hate it. I used to be fairly into college basketball, but now it is so brutally uninteresting. The professional leagues with more money than they know what to do with and just throwing it at kids who are nowhere near ready physically or mentally.
g-league doing it right. training league while kids can get paid. honestly you'll have normal college sports if you just pay the kids. the only argument against is if youre a 90 year old who's into the 2 dollar print out means something

Advertisement
g-league doing it right. training league while kids can get paid. honestly you'll have normal college sports if you just pay the kids. the only argument against is if youre a 90 year old who's into the 2 dollar print out means something
UM will NEVER be a top 10 program again if every single kid who walks onto campus is looking to leave as fast as humanly possible.

Clemson had an entire Dline of 1st round picks come back the other year. I've seen you comment 100x defending Greg which is fine, but lets stop acting like these players at big time P5 programs are living in slums as indentured slaves.

Advertisement
UM will NEVER be a top 10 program again if every single kid who walks onto campus is looking to leave as fast as humanly possible.

Clemson had an entire Dline of 1st round picks come back the other year. I've seen you comment 100x defending Greg which is fine, but lets stop acting like these players at big time P5 programs are living in slums as indentured slaves.
they deserve to make something off what they bring into the university. hopefully the NIL ensures some kids stay longer but until then, it is what it is. theyre the only ones losing out while everyone else is making millions. willie taggert is a bum compared to the FSU dt if were going by impact to a team and willie is getting paid handsomely while he isnt

they deserve to make something off what they bring into the university. hopefully the NIL ensures some kids stay longer but until then, it is what it is. theyre the only ones losing out while everyone else is making millions. willie taggert is a bum compared to the FSU dt if were going by impact to a team and willie is getting paid handsomely while he isnt
I couldn't be more against the egregious contracts and guarantees for loser coaches. Still doesnt have anything to do with me being a die hard Cane fan and seeing the team robbed of its best talent by kids who don't give a flying f*ck about UM's program and can't wait to move on as fast as possible.

I'm not some psycho who wishes bad for Greg. But at the end of the day, he was barely here for a cup of coffee and got out as quick as he could.

If the team is ever going to be elite again, we need a lot more Cam Harris and a lot less of front runner teammates celebrating Greg "getting that bag" while playing a handful of games his entire UM career.

Until these young men can earn a living wage playing college football, I can't blame'em. I don't always like a player leaving early. I don't always agree with them leaving early. But, go get that money, I guess.
Your point is valid in a perfect world. But be honest with yourself, with how things are trending. How much is ever gonna be enough for this generation or their handlers??? 95% of colleges including UM will never be able to make it worth their while, compared to pro money. You think GR is staying, if UM is paying him $20k-40k/year plus all the previous benefits/tuition???? Nawwww. All his handlers are still telling him about the millions. Hey.... maybe you think its the right thing to do. All im saying is..... its the death of everything we know and love about college football.

Advertisement
Back