After week 1 thoughts on the remaining schedule?

24/7canes

Recruit
Ill keep it simple. As far as our team im still not sure who we are yet. Lets be real here this Bama squad is legit and just like our early 2000 teams they put the beat down on some pretty good teams. It would be nice to hear what some of yall saw that might be some things we can take away from the game. Did any one stand out at all ?

Im going to lump a few teams together. Well after watching many games over the weekend im not nearly as confident that were beating all these teams. Michigan St, North Carolina, Nc State, FSU and VT all looked pretty good.

Mich st beat Northwestern who always brings there A game and that surprised me because all I heard was how ****** Mich st was going to be.

North Carolina may have lost but not sure if thats because they are overrated or is it because VT has a dam good squad. My eyes tell me that VT is a much improved team and that game most likely going to be a dog fight.

NC St didn't play the toughest of competition but they did what they were suppose to do. If some one watched that game and has more insight feel free to chime in.

OK this one is the one that im seeing two sides from posters on here. FSU to me looked leaps and bounds better then last years squad. They never gave up in that game and they played there hearts out. I know the coach made the one zany decision but I think they got a good coach and I dont see them going anywhere. I think they will get back k to the FSU we all know.

I dont know much about App ST, Pitt, Duke, Virgina, GT and CCSU. I dint see any of them play over the weekend so feel free to chime in fellas.

Advertisement
who2 (2).gif

Advertisement
Miami has a lot still to play for.
We have issues at DE and LB.
Our offensive playcalling is unimaginative at best.
The ACC is never as easy to run through as some on here make it out to be. Never.
There are plenty of challenging games left on the schedule.
I hope we win ten games but I think we win nine unless we consistently play our best players, figure out how to apply pressure on the opponent's QB via the DL (we're hurting in that regard right now), and get more creative with the playcalling on offense.

Just curious why you're not sure who we are yet a 3 Year or wait 6 yr sample size not big enough.

Advertisement
11-1 If coaches put the right guys in. We have more talent than everyone else we face. Any loss is on the coaches going forward.
To be fair: Brooks, Cave, and Chaney are all coming back from injuries. Couch over Ivey is the only other 100% WTH depth chart decision. Beyond those, I expect the freshmen to start pushing for serious reps on D.

To be fair: Brooks, Cave, and Chaney are all coming back from injuries. Couch over Ivey is the only other 100% WTH depth chart decision. Beyond those, I expect the freshmen to start pushing for serious reps on D.
True, I want to see less Hall too tho.

Advertisement
True, I want to see less Hall too tho.
The freshmen will be pushing for his reps. JW and Kam looked like they did just fine. Tae will be back in 6 weeks giving us even more depth at FS. If we had 4 good CBs vs 1(couch), TS would be a great safety. That is his money position on Sundays.

Advertisement
The freshmen will be pushing for his reps. JW and Kam looked like they did just fine. Tae will be back in 6 weeks giving us even more depth at FS. If we had 4 good CBs vs 1(couch), TS would be a great safety. That is his money position on Sundays.
🙏

Ill keep it simple. As far as our team im still not sure who we are yet. Lets be real here this Bama squad is legit and just like our early 2000 teams they put the beat down on some pretty good teams. It would be nice to hear what some of yall saw that might be some things we can take away from the game. Did any one stand out at all ?

Im going to lump a few teams together. Well after watching many games over the weekend im not nearly as confident that were beating all these teams. Michigan St, North Carolina, Nc State, FSU and VT all looked pretty good.

Mich st beat Northwestern who always brings there A game and that surprised me because all I heard was how ****** Mich st was going to be.

North Carolina may have lost but not sure if thats because they are overrated or is it because VT has a dam good squad. My eyes tell me that VT is a much improved team and that game most likely going to be a dog fight.

NC St didn't play the toughest of competition but they did what they were suppose to do. If some one watched that game and has more insight feel free to chime in.

OK this one is the one that im seeing two sides from posters on here. FSU to me looked leaps and bounds better then last years squad. They never gave up in that game and they played there hearts out. I know the coach made the one zany decision but I think they got a good coach and I dont see them going anywhere. I think they will get back k to the FSU we all know.

I dont know much about App ST, Pitt, Duke, Virgina, GT and CCSU. I dint see any of them play over the weekend so feel free to chime in fellas.
You alluded to it. It is still too early to tell. Bama has done that to many teams over the years. If Miami wins every game going into UNC, you will see the level of excitement back up.
Hope you all wear your ACC Coastal champs tshirts with pride!

This will be another Manny Diaz coached Miami team. Plays to the level of competition. I expect to see more unprepared teams on the field and questionable coaching calls. Other than that, game 1 tells me next to nothing other than that our D line may be better than expected.

Advertisement
Back