After week 1 thoughts on the remaining schedule?

To be fair: Brooks, Cave, and Chaney are all coming back from injuries. Couch over Ivey is the only other 100% WTH depth chart decision. Beyond those, I expect the freshmen to start pushing for serious reps on D.
11-1 if they correct...
We do have more talent balance of schedule
Simple. Can we coach. Not just scheme, personnel and adjustments.
I truly dont believe in man-well? And sadly, I suspect 2, 3 more losses. It shouldn't be but probable

Advertisement
I was disgusted watching the Alabama game as much as everyone else here. But part of my disgust was seeing how screwed up college football is when one team can have that much talent. I don't know how many first round draft picks left that team, but it didn't even matter.

But I'm not going to judge Manny on that game. I am going to judge him on the rest of the season.

Carolina didn't look that good. Virginia Tech didn't look that good. As bad as we looked, I'm actually slightly more confident in our chances in the coastal now - and I know that makes no sense but that's how I feel.

I think we will get a good idea of what we have after App State. Alabama was a tough opponent in so many ways. But our coaching was atrocious. Manny blitzed way too much in the first half and Alabama game planned on him doing so. They called the perfect plays when we blitzed and our blitzes were pretty **** obvious. Lashlee may think he didn't call a conservative game plan but the 3rd and 7 run up the middle against them was just stupid. When you play the champ you have to throw haymakers and not jabs in the early rounds especially. But enough about that game. App state is the type of run first team we should beat soundly. We have more talent than them. If we can't stop them than that will be telling. If we stop them, and play a decent game offensively we should win going away. If this game is tight in the fourth quarter that will also tell us something. If we lose well it may be time for a change. We shall see.

Michigan State beat Northwestern last year too. I don’t think that game tells us much

in general I think the first week gave us zero answers other than calming down the absurd UNC talk
Great points. All in all Bama was miles above everyone else. Michigan State beat a bad Northwestern team (they’ve sucked the past two seasons). UNC lost too much talent in O, VT looked unimpressive on O. FSU looks better, but half that offense was off of two big plays. Notre Dame is unathletic and slow, they took their foot of the gas. All in all we should go 11-1/10-2. However, recent history shows that our “should” doesn’t happen.

Advertisement
Hey, UNC loss to VT is a gift for UM's chances to win the coastal (yes, a low goal, but realistic). 17-10 was the score, hardly an endorsement for either team's offensive ability. At least UM scored 13 against a 1st, 2nd and 3rd string Bama defense that is better than either UNC or VT. Beat the teams it is supposed to beat, and UM plays in the ACC Championship. Take their lumps against Clemson, and then, for dear's sake, please win a bowl.

Accept multiple losses ahead.

DNIQ8CX.jpg

Advertisement
Ill keep it simple. As far as our team im still not sure who we are yet. Lets be real here this Bama squad is legit and just like our early 2000 teams they put the beat down on some pretty good teams. It would be nice to hear what some of yall saw that might be some things we can take away from the game. Did any one stand out at all ?

Im going to lump a few teams together. Well after watching many games over the weekend im not nearly as confident that were beating all these teams. Michigan St, North Carolina, Nc State, FSU and VT all looked pretty good.

Mich st beat Northwestern who always brings there A game and that surprised me because all I heard was how ****** Mich st was going to be.

North Carolina may have lost but not sure if thats because they are overrated or is it because VT has a dam good squad. My eyes tell me that VT is a much improved team and that game most likely going to be a dog fight.

NC St didn't play the toughest of competition but they did what they were suppose to do. If some one watched that game and has more insight feel free to chime in.

OK this one is the one that im seeing two sides from posters on here. FSU to me looked leaps and bounds better then last years squad. They never gave up in that game and they played there hearts out. I know the coach made the one zany decision but I think they got a good coach and I dont see them going anywhere. I think they will get back k to the FSU we all know.

I dont know much about App ST, Pitt, Duke, Virgina, GT and CCSU. I dint see any of them play over the weekend so feel free to chime in fellas.
You're right about Michigan St. The vast majority of CFB magazines projected them to be a Big Ten bottom-feeder, but their double-digit says otherwise. But perhaps Northwestern was overrated. Nevertheless, mighty Michigan St. will BE READY to play Miami. So it begs the question. Will Miami be ready to play, and not take them for granted!!

Advertisement
Back