After Dorsett run that 4'2 in the combine...

shayleon

Sophomore
I don't think he drop past the second round. He's one of those players that I see blowing up in the league way beyond most peoples expectations. And just like Duke, if he end up in Chip Kelly's Offense...OMG!

Advertisement
I see him being almost just like Ted Ginn Jr. just shorter. Now if he goes into a great passing offense like Green Bay, Denver, New England etc.

I'd saythe 3rd-4th range is most likely, I could see the Jets or Panthers getting him. No one is really hurting for receivers though.

Advertisement
He's legitimately improved beyond my expectations. His route running is much, much cleaner. He's clean with his hands. He's not a stop and go guy, but the league rules have changed to really benefit guys like him.

TY Hilton is also making Dorsett money right now.

I think teams saw how badly they whiffed on Hurns, maybe they compensate by taking Dorrsett in the 2nd, but I think he's a 3rd-5th round kinda guy...kinda where Hurns should've went...

If Dorsett runs a sub 4.35, he is going in the first 2 rounds.

I'm not sure if he will go before Cooper, White, Strong, Parker, Green-Beckham, Funchess, Hardy, Montgomery, or Greene and those are 1st-2nd targets who have a better resume.

Speed isn't the only thing measured. Since 2012 only three players with a top 10 40 time have gone in the first two rounds; Brandin Cooks, Tavon Austin, and Paul Richardson.

Advertisement
I don't see him breaking 4.3. I'm guessing 4.33 kind of guy at the combines.

He's legitimately improved beyond my expectations. His route running is much, much cleaner. He's clean with his hands. He's not a stop and go guy, but the league rules have changed to really benefit guys like him.

For real these guys are acting like Dorsett is still ONLY a deep threat. That's where he's gunna make his money but he's hella improved, not only in his route running but his ability to rack up yac. If he catches a underneath pass he can make that 5 yard pass a 15 yard gain if he's got a little space.

If he runs 4.2s somebody is gunna take him high. The 40 will intrigue, the scouts will start digging into his tape, then there gunna get to the first half against fsu and will be sold. All it takes is one guy to convince themselves they can do something with that.

If he runs in the 4.2 range the Raiders will betaking him in the first round. Al Davis may be gone but his legacy lives on.

His stock will soar in the off-season. Not only will he run fast, but he will also interview very well. It's rare to find guys with elite explosiveness who work hard, block, and stay clean off the field. Dorsett checks all of those boxes, and he's productive.

Teams will look past his size. Guys like TY Hilton, John Brown and Antonio Brown (all local guys) are making plays every week. If he stays healthy, I think the second round is the most realistic projection with a chance at late first.

Semi-bold prediction: he will get drafted higher than his teammate, Rashad Greene.

Advertisement
I think he would fit nicely in Chip Kelly's offense with the way he can stretch the field and also be incorporated in their quick passing game off of the zone read

Elite/rare attributes get players drafted higher than most would expect someone of their caliber to go. Getting an elite deep threat after the first round is hard, so someone likely jumps on him in the 2nd.

4th round should be a disappointment for PD. Esp if he runs a 4.3 like we all think he will. Teams will take into account that buddy didnt exactly have a 5th year, polished senior throwing to him either. Could you imagine if Dorsett played for FSU? Smh.

2nd-3rd round. Even with a deep draft at WR. Some of those guys are not going test well at the combine. (Greene, Montgomery, Green-Beckham) and some dont have an elite trait (White, Strong)

Advertisement
I think he would fit nicely in Chip Kelly's offense with the way he can stretch the field and also be incorporated in their quick passing game off of the zone read

He prefers physical receivers (big), supposedly, but Dorsett should fit just about anywhere now. Teams are regularly going 4WR and dying for guys who can push safeties deeper.

He prefers physical receivers (big), supposedly, but Dorsett should fit just about anywhere now. Teams are regularly going 4WR and dying for guys who can push safeties deeper.

1000% true.. Where do people get this idea that chip kelly wants lil fast guys ...

the one thing he does, and does well - is block downfield
that really contributes to a team, especially a run first team with the desire for the HR guys
if he continues to bring down passes, and get to 40 for the year, with 25.00 per - that's impressive
he does all the little things very well, and he has improved in his route running
the desire to be better shows, and with that incredible athleticism, the sky is the limit
3rd - but if he runs a 4.35 and under - late 2nd maybe mid

Advertisement
Back