After Dorsett run that 4'2 in the combine...

If Dorsett runs a sub 4.35, he is going in the first 2 rounds.

I'm not sure if he will go before Cooper, White, Strong, Parker, Green-Beckham, Funchess, Hardy, Montgomery, or Greene and those are 1st-2nd targets who have a better resume.

Speed isn't the only thing measured. Since 2012 only three players with a top 10 40 time have gone in the first two rounds; Brandin Cooks, Tavon Austin, and Paul Richardson.

A few things:

1. Just to clarify; I never said before, I only said in the first two rounds. As for those other guys, he has the best YPC in football (28.8). That is going to stand out for a team that needs a legit deep threat. As a frame of reference, the 2012-2013 leaders in YPC averaged 24.1. In 2011, Stephen Hill (6'4) led with 29.3 YPC and was drafted in the second round and didn't put up monster stats in college. He ran a 4.36 40 Yard Dash. Although Stephen was bigger, he didn't hit that sub 4.35 number but was freaklishly fast.

2. If Dorsett bust out a legit sub 4.35 that would put him in an elite category.

In the 2014 NFL Combine (WRs), 3 WRs ran sub 4.35

Dri Archer (4.26) drafted 3rd Round
Brandin Cooks (4.33) drafted 1st Round
John Brown (4.34) drafted 3rd Round

All of them were 5'10 or less. I think if Dorsett busts out that sub 4.35 he gets in the first two rounds.

Advertisement
Sad to see so-called fans poor mouthing a players draft potential. Some of these "fans" are **** near cheering for him to drop off the board completely. Wonder why.

the emergence of TY Hilton and John Brown is going to help him tremendously with his draft stock. i see 3rd4th rd if we he runs a blazing 40 similar to Dri Archer

Combines make players money. If he's invited to the Sr. Bowl, shows out there, and then go to the combine and light up the athleticism chart and shows hands as a WR....he will be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round stage. Let him to go the Bears (I'm hoping) playing w/ Jeffrey and Marshall and he be the one on one deep threat, or GB w/ Aaron Rodgers or NE w/ Tom Terrific....he might be seeing several probowls. I'm excited about his future.

I see him as a 3rd rounder, maybe sneaking into the 2nd.

The thing that will hurt him is his lack of production in big games, and as a return man. He's returned kicks and punts, but never done it very well.

TY Hilton, John Brown, Antonio Brown, Dri Archer - they were all elite return guys in college, so they have that added weapon aspect that Dorsett does not.

Advertisement
I don't think he drop past the second round. He's one of those players that I see blowing up in the league way beyond most peoples expectations. And just like Duke, if he end up in Chip Kelly's Offense...OMG!

We'll take him in Pittsburgh! With Antonio Brown taking him under his wing!? Deadly!!!

I don't think he drop past the second round. He's one of those players that I see blowing up in the league way beyond most peoples expectations. And just like Duke, if he end up in Chip Kelly's Offense...OMG!

If al davis *** was still around my raiders would draft him number 1 overall

Advertisement
Back