After a bad night and little sleep this is what I saw

Define blowout. I’m thinking we need to win by at least two touchdowns, but I don’t expect us to beat them by 40. It’s their home opener with a new coach and that place will be going bananas. I expect the game to be close in the 1st half, but then we run away with it in the second.

Atleast 3 TD's . Dominate them in ever facet of the game. They have a true freshman QB if they score more then 10 points on offense would be a travesty.

Advertisement
Dan Enos should be completely embarrassed by the offense show he put on last night. Enos was a total disappointment and after the first drive he was useless. The offensive tackles were not ready and got no help. There was NO imagination to the play calling and Jarren had no time to throw and he will learn as he progresses. JARREN HAS A VERY BRIGHT FUTURE. The most frustrated players have to be Wiggens, Hightower, and Pope. Where does Tate Martell earn the right to play a ton in the second half after losing the QB battle then masquerading a a wideout for 7-10 days? Goodness gracious Dan are you kidding me or are you that stupid? Saban is laughing his tail off right now.
Jarren did hold the ball too much but isn't that on Enos too? The kid made some A+ throws last night. We had several drops and please don't tell me anymore how JT is elite. He dropped a TD pass in the end zone and clearly muffed a punt which was the most costly turnover of the game. That was a game changer to say the least. The defense played well but the FL DL line and LB's are better than ours. I think we hang our hats on the defense during the season as usual. The tackling was suspect at times but good enough to win.
For myself I'm totally disappointed with Manny and Enos. The offensive was disorganized with too many penalties and a slew of wasted TO's. I thought Randy and Al were on the sidelines again. In 36 years attending games this was the biggest fiasco of mistakes I have ever witnessed in my life. Florida gave us the game so many times and this was a game WE SHOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN.
The punting was okay and was better than last year but needs to improve. Yes Bubba did miss the FG but it was NOT a chip shot because the angle was about as bad as it gets. With all the unplanned 5 yard penalties we took during the game there was a need to step back 5 yards for that attempt for a better angle. That was a mental error on MANNY. For the most part we were out coached AGAIN and I can only say that I'm feeling several losses unless we clean up everything. The stupidity of Blades committing the penalty at the end was a dagger.
The running backs are the real deal and Dallas was exceptional. Some more screen passes would have helped last night. The officiating was absolutely pathetic where both sides got screwed but we took the brunt. In the end it seems to me this program will flounder until we get a superior OL because with all our weapons our offense looks inferior to other major college programs. We certainly can bounce back like the 1983-4 campaign but MANNY has his work cut out for him. I'm am thoroughly disappointed in the performance last night like everyone else. Maybe the only difference is the coaches let us all down big time in my opinion.
Great recap! I really thought that Martell might get one snap at WR to set up a flea flicker type play later in the game, but giving him that many reps is an insult to the WR core that's been here since day one. This is gonna cause major problems if it continues.

Thanks for the morning after hot take. Why are people expecting a finished product game 1? Seriously? How about you suspend judgment for at least the 1st season and see how this team develops.

Because people on this board expect to go undefeated and win by double digits every game. If that doesn’t happen, everyone needs to be fired.

Yet him and nanny did nothing to help a kid getting completely overwhelmed from the very start. Hardly any chipping or max protections.

I didn’t say it was perfect. And he will look at the film and see areas he can improve and help his players improve and how to effectively navigate some of their short comings.

But also let’s not overlook that Florida does have two very good corners and not having guys on routes makes it easier on the defense.

I will say this in my criticism of Enos. What happened to all the 1st quartet motions and shifts.

Advertisement
Dan Enos should be completely embarrassed by the offense show he put on last night. Enos was a total disappointment and after the first drive he was useless. The offensive tackles were not ready and got no help. There was NO imagination to the play calling and Jarren had no time to throw and he will learn as he progresses. JARREN HAS A VERY BRIGHT FUTURE. The most frustrated players have to be Wiggens, Hightower, and Pope. Where does Tate Martell earn the right to play a ton in the second half after losing the QB battle then masquerading a a wideout for 7-10 days? Goodness gracious Dan are you kidding me or are you that stupid? Saban is laughing his tail off right now.
Jarren did hold the ball too much but isn't that on Enos too? The kid made some A+ throws last night. We had several drops and please don't tell me anymore how JT is elite. He dropped a TD pass in the end zone and clearly muffed a punt which was the most costly turnover of the game. That was a game changer to say the least. The defense played well but the FL DL line and LB's are better than ours. I think we hang our hats on the defense during the season as usual. The tackling was suspect at times but good enough to win.
For myself I'm totally disappointed with Manny and Enos. The offensive was disorganized with too many penalties and a slew of wasted TO's. I thought Randy and Al were on the sidelines again. In 36 years attending games this was the biggest fiasco of mistakes I have ever witnessed in my life. Florida gave us the game so many times and this was a game WE SHOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN.
The punting was okay and was better than last year but needs to improve. Yes Bubba did miss the FG but it was NOT a chip shot because the angle was about as bad as it gets. With all the unplanned 5 yard penalties we took during the game there was a need to step back 5 yards for that attempt for a better angle. That was a mental error on MANNY. For the most part we were out coached AGAIN and I can only say that I'm feeling several losses unless we clean up everything. The stupidity of Blades committing the penalty at the end was a dagger.
The running backs are the real deal and Dallas was exceptional. Some more screen passes would have helped last night. The officiating was absolutely pathetic where both sides got screwed but we took the brunt. In the end it seems to me this program will flounder until we get a superior OL because with all our weapons our offense looks inferior to other major college programs. We certainly can bounce back like the 1983-4 campaign but MANNY has his work cut out for him. I'm am thoroughly disappointed in the performance last night like everyone else. Maybe the only difference is the coaches let us all down big time in my opinion.
Not blaming anything on Enos

Our RT and LT got embarrassed all night. Jarren has to execute better as well. If he's going to have to get mobile, he damned sure better be ready to throw it away, and he needs to learn to step up into the pocket.

The couple time I did question play calling was right after turnovers...no shots down field and at least 3x we turned it over on our side we should have ran it more. And the last thing is the complete absence of a goalline offense. We really need to have a big package, I don't care what it looks like, we have to try

Bruh embrassed??? You slept on it and still overreacted.

We had no run game so he went to wildcat and manufactured running yards and a TD.

We were getting killed on the edges so he went to the screen game.

Enos is going to evaluate and realize where he could improve but embrassed...nah

And why in the **** did he not stick to the wildcat? It was a success both times with Deejay, why not keep running it until they can prove to stop it? ****ed me off

I get a kick out of everyone blasting Diaz for not taking a delay of game before the short field goal. When have you ever seen a coach take a penalty to improve the angle? You know why you don’t see that? Because the other coach will just decline the penalty and the ball will stay same place.

I will say Manny made several head coaching blunders. He should have seen the fake punt as clearly as I did and called timeout. Should have kicked the FG with 4 minutes left. Honestly he kinda looked nervous and out of his element most of the game. But it was his first game and what a first game to have to be perfect. He gets a pass for now.

Hey Edge, I don't know how old you are and how many years you have been watching football. I would say over the past 55 years years I have seen a head coach take a delay of penalty over 50 times to give the kicker a much better angle. Now good coaches will do that, great coaches will act like it was a mistake but purposely want the penalty, and some coaches maek the blunder like Manny did of not even making the attempt to lose 5 yards vai a penalty. Wake up Edge because you show your total lack of football acumen when you state when have you ever seen a coach try to improve the angle. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! So Manny clearly wasn't thinking considering we lost so many yards last night due to penalties as the clock ran out! Case closed and good coaches are all over that move.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back