After a bad night and little sleep this is what I saw

nickster

Freshman
Dan Enos should be completely embarrassed by the offense show he put on last night. Enos was a total disappointment and after the first drive he was useless. The offensive tackles were not ready and got no help. There was NO imagination to the play calling and Jarren had no time to throw and he will learn as he progresses. JARREN HAS A VERY BRIGHT FUTURE. The most frustrated players have to be Wiggens, Hightower, and Pope. Where does Tate Martell earn the right to play a ton in the second half after losing the QB battle then masquerading a a wideout for 7-10 days? Goodness gracious Dan are you kidding me or are you that stupid? Saban is laughing his tail off right now.
Jarren did hold the ball too much but isn't that on Enos too? The kid made some A+ throws last night. We had several drops and please don't tell me anymore how JT is elite. He dropped a TD pass in the end zone and clearly muffed a punt which was the most costly turnover of the game. That was a game changer to say the least. The defense played well but the FL DL line and LB's are better than ours. I think we hang our hats on the defense during the season as usual. The tackling was suspect at times but good enough to win.
For myself I'm totally disappointed with Manny and Enos. The offensive was disorganized with too many penalties and a slew of wasted TO's. I thought Randy and Al were on the sidelines again. In 36 years attending games this was the biggest fiasco of mistakes I have ever witnessed in my life. Florida gave us the game so many times and this was a game WE SHOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN.
The punting was okay and was better than last year but needs to improve. Yes Bubba did miss the FG but it was NOT a chip shot because the angle was about as bad as it gets. With all the unplanned 5 yard penalties we took during the game there was a need to step back 5 yards for that attempt for a better angle. That was a mental error on MANNY. For the most part we were out coached AGAIN and I can only say that I'm feeling several losses unless we clean up everything. The stupidity of Blades committing the penalty at the end was a dagger.
The running backs are the real deal and Dallas was exceptional. Some more screen passes would have helped last night. The officiating was absolutely pathetic where both sides got screwed but we took the brunt. In the end it seems to me this program will flounder until we get a superior OL because with all our weapons our offense looks inferior to other major college programs. We certainly can bounce back like the 1983-4 campaign but MANNY has his work cut out for him. I'm am thoroughly disappointed in the performance last night like everyone else. Maybe the only difference is the coaches let us all down big time in my opinion.

Advertisement
Bruh embrassed??? You slept on it and still overreacted.

We had no run game so he went to wildcat and manufactured running yards and a TD.

We were getting killed on the edges so he went to the screen game.

Enos is going to evaluate and realize where he could improve but embrassed...nah

Dan Enos should be completely embarrassed by the offense show he put on last night. Enos was a total disappointment and after the first drive he was useless. The offensive tackles were not ready and got no help. There was NO imagination to the play calling and Jarren had no time to throw and he will learn as he progresses. JARREN HAS A VERY BRIGHT FUTURE. The most frustrated players have to be Wiggens, Hightower, and Pope. Where does Tate Martell earn the right to play a ton in the second half after losing the QB battle then masquerading a a wideout for 7-10 days? Goodness gracious Dan are you kidding me or are you that stupid? Saban is laughing his tail off right now.
Jarren did hold the ball too much but isn't that on Enos too? The kid made some A+ throws last night. We had several drops and please don't tell me anymore how JT is elite. He dropped a TD pass in the end zone and clearly muffed a punt which was the most costly turnover of the game. That was a game changer to say the least. The defense played well but the FL DL line and LB's are better than ours. I think we hang our hats on the defense during the season as usual. The tackling was suspect at times but good enough to win.
For myself I'm totally disappointed with Manny and Enos. The offensive was disorganized with too many penalties and a slew of wasted TO's. I thought Randy and Al were on the sidelines again. In 36 years attending games this was the biggest fiasco of mistakes I have ever witnessed in my life. Florida gave us the game so many times and this was a game WE SHOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN.
The punting was okay and was better than last year but needs to improve. Yes Bubba did miss the FG but it was NOT a chip shot because the angle was about as bad as it gets. With all the unplanned 5 yard penalties we took during the game there was a need to step back 5 yards for that attempt for a better angle. That was a mental error on MANNY. For the most part we were out coached AGAIN and I can only say that I'm feeling several losses unless we clean up everything. The stupidity of Blades committing the penalty at the end was a dagger.
The running backs are the real deal and Dallas was exceptional. Some more screen passes would have helped last night. The officiating was absolutely pathetic where both sides got screwed but we took the brunt. In the end it seems to me this program will flounder until we get a superior OL because with all our weapons our offense looks inferior to other major college programs. We certainly can bounce back like the 1983-4 campaign but MANNY has his work cut out for him. I'm am thoroughly disappointed in the performance last night like everyone else. Maybe the only difference is the coaches let us all down big time in my opinion.

Thanks for the morning after hot take. Why are people expecting a finished product game 1? Seriously? How about you suspend judgment for at least the 1st season and see how this team develops.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whoa now. I don’t think the calls were unimaginative at all. The biggest problem was we tried to throw PA from the single back or I when our OL was gonna give him maybe a second if he was lucky. The biggest flunks for Enos last night was unwillingness to trash that and not chipping the ends (both) or max protect a time or two. Plus that martell stuff was pretty pathetic.
Certainly an improvement from last year

Wins in college are directly proportional to OL starts, IMO. We will struggle this year as those guys get experience. No way around it really.

Advertisement
Your 15 years is irrelevant. This is a new staff and a new clock starts. Let Manny and Co prove who they are or aren’t. There is no way of knowing after game 1.

Did you watch the game last night? They didn't prove anything to you last night? That was the most disorganized, flattest, worst time managed ,penalty riddle team I have seen in years.

Advertisement
Did you watch the game last night? They didn't prove anything to you last night? That was the most disorganized, flattest, worst time managed ,penalty riddle team I have seen in years.

Game 1 with a new head coach, freshman QB, 3 first time starters on the OL. If you were expecting it to be a polished product then you my friend are irrational. These are exactly the kind of mistakes you expect to see in Game 1 against a good team. Was there a lot that was cringe worthy and shouldn’t have happened? Yes, absolutely. But it’s too early to judge. If this team doesn’t improve then blast away, but anybody laying judgment after Game 1 is simply stupid.

If Enos is that bad, how can Jarren have a bright future? Unless you are saying that Enos will be gone within 8 - 16 months?

Advertisement
Back