Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
Advertisement

AEW already had a Dynamite, Rampage, and PPV scheduled for Chicago at the beginning of September. They just announced this show on Wednesday and it's already sold out.

cm punk wrestling GIF by WWE

AEW already had a Dynamite, Rampage, and PPV scheduled for Chicago at the beginning of September. They just announced this show on Wednesday and it's already sold out.

cm punk wrestling GIF by WWE

Punk and the Road warriors are the all time draws in Chicago . I know the Hawk/Animal are from minny but they were billed from Chicago. Those three guys in Chicago made stone cold pops look like child’s play.

Aew is terrible imo , Wwe too for that matter but I’ll watch replays when punk arrives. That was a great signing and worth the money by the kahns.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This company stays killin the game.

Cody is one of the most selfless wrestlers of his generation. The man has no problem getting embarrassingly squashed to put over the boys. That final 15m segment between Mal Black and Cody was terrific. Simple squash, Cody talks nonsense, and then gets beat up again by the same guy.

Mal Black and Miro are two guys that are presented so much better than they've ever been presented before...they are incredible performers right now.

This company stays killin the game.

Cody is one of the most selfless wrestlers of his generation. The man has no problem getting embarrassingly squashed to put over the boys. That final 15m segment between Mal Black and Cody was terrific. Simple squash, Cody talks nonsense, and then gets beat up again by the same guy.

Mal Black and Miro are two guys that are presented so much better than they've ever been presented before...they are incredible performers right now.
I admit I quit watching AEW not long after live crowds went away. It just felt weird to watch wrestling in front of nobody. So it kinda weirds me out that when I came back last month that there is apparently a very vocal part of wrestling fans who really hate Cody. That his ego is out of control or whatever. If anything, I feel he loses too much to new people when they debut.

Advertisement
I admit I quit watching AEW not long after live crowds went away. It just felt weird to watch wrestling in front of nobody. So it kinda weirds me out that when I came back last month that there is apparently a very vocal part of wrestling fans who really hate Cody. That his ego is out of control or whatever. If anything, I feel he loses too much to new people when they debut.
AEW during the pandemic was one of the few things that helped grind through a week. They were putting out an excellent product.

Cody takes are some of the worst takes in wrestling discourse. He's a gem that has made more stars and helped elevate more talent in one year than anyone I can remember outside of Mick Foley.

AEW during the pandemic was one of the few things that helped grind through a week. They were putting out an excellent product.

Cody takes are some of the worst takes in wrestling discourse. He's a gem that has made more stars and helped elevate more talent in one year than anyone I can remember outside of Mick Foley.
Terry Funk in ECW did exactly the same thing.

Punk was on Jason Agnew's podcast promoting Heelz. Put over Darby Allin, said he had to check his schedule on whether he'll be at the United Center on the 20th, and why he didn't join AEW when it started.

Punk and the Road warriors are the all time draws in Chicago . I know the Hawk/Animal are from minny but they were billed from Chicago. Those three guys in Chicago made stone cold pops look like child’s play.

Aew is terrible imo , Wwe too for that matter but I’ll watch replays when punk arrives. That was a great signing and worth the money by the kahns.
And as an aside, the NWA (WCW in the future) lost Chicago as a viable market when they did the stupid Dusty finish at Starrcade 87 in the match between LOD and the Horsemen. The fans got trolled by the false finish and would not come back.

Advertisement
Back