Ads Experience

Advertisement
Really? It’s 25 bucks a year for ad free. 7 cents a day. Pretty **** good deal.
Op asked about ad experience
Best deal around and it’s not even close.
Yup, and the more ads, the worse the experience, the better the "deal". It's a great business! Get paid by advertisers to make your customers miserable and then charge those same customers a fee to make the pain go away.

The ads are horrendous, mobile rendering is unreadable. You guys want to make a few bucks off the fan community, whatever. Another snout in the trough. It is what it is.

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Sad Freddie Mercury GIF by Queen

Op asked about ad experience

Yup, and the more ads, the worse the experience, the better the "deal". It's a great business! Get paid by advertisers to make your customers miserable and then charge those same customers a fee to make the pain go away.
This site, like any other, takes money to exist. We’ve been given the OPTION to eliminate the ads that generate the money to keep this site alive by paying $25 a year. The owners of this site didn’t HAVE to give us that option but because they care about our experience on their site, they generously gave us that option.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ha! Good one. I guess you’re some sort of crusader for more ads, Don Quixote, defender of the realm.

The OP was about ad experience. If folks don’t like the answers, they shouldn’t ask the question.

I’m sorry CIS has failed your free sight experience. Some people have some really high free sight expectations and you’re obviously one of those people!

I hope you find what it is you’re looking for in a free Canes website!

Go Canes!!

I noticed on mobile that an ad that was meant to only display when a sidebar was showing was loading when the sidebar was hidden when browsing on mobile. I've corrected the issue and you will find your mobile experience is a lot better.
I don’t mind the ads except on my IPhone clicking on the notifications icon automatically brings up the video on top even if I already X’ed out when getting on the site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He upgraded to premium

I did a week or two ago too. Couldn't take it any more. As @Bill the Cane has posted, this is the most bizarre business model ever. Make the ads so intrusive and annoying that you can't even read the content on your cell phone much less post, and ultimately succumb to paying the $25 or whatever to make them go away. But hey, @Andrew ultimately got me. Congrats I suppose.

... well, really all you awesome fellow posters got me. Aside from the fools, trolls, secret UFaG and Semenhole fans, slurpers and mopes this is the greatest football community in the nation.

p.s. I was particularly impressed by Andrew's devious trick of placing the X button outside the margins of my iPhone window frame or right above an ad click that no matter how carefully I hit the X I'd end up being forwarded over to the sponsor site. Good show!

Advertisement
Anybody else keep getting that annoying pop-up all day asking for your email address in exchange for a chance to win free stuff? I noticed that it’s gone now but pretty much all day today I had to keep hitting the x to get it off my screen. I PAID MY $25 DOLLARS

Advertisement
Back