Adidas

Advertisement
I don't think we've got much to worry about because I think it's obvious we're not dropping bags on the football side. We get played all the time by the bag schools and the payments come from booster networks. Not to say that apparel companies wouldn't funnel some $$$ to those networks, and so far, all the investigations have been against BB teams.

It would be interesting if the FBI happened to stumble across some info about payments to FB recruits and what course of action they might take. The Mad Hatter is at KU and you know **** well he knows the bag game inside and out.

I don't think we've got much to worry about because I think it's obvious we're not dropping bags on the football side. We get played all the time by the bag schools and the payments come from booster networks. Not to say that apparel companies wouldn't funnel some $$$ to those networks, and so far, all the investigations have been against BB teams.

It would be interesting if the FBI happened to stumble across some info about payments to FB recruits and what course of action they might take. The Mad Hatter is at KU and you know **** well he knows the bag game inside and out.

it would never happen in CFB tho at least from the apparel companies. its a bigger deal in basketball than in football (for obvious reasons -- NFL players don't sell shoes, but NBA players do). it'll come from the boosters and the only way is if a rogue booster gets caught in some side scandal/crime and ends up talking (Shapiro).

Advertisement
First off, why in the fck are they not dropping heavy bags for us like they did Kansas??

Anyways, allegedly KU is about to try to argue they had no knowledge of Adidas paying players and per ESPN radios interview w Seth Greenberg, The NCAA may expand its investigation to all Adidas schools.

Per reports, while LSU & AU will also be implicated, it appears their cases involved coaches or folks from The AD funneling money through various booster organizations, but specifically w KU, Adidas was labeled as the booster in its arms race w Nike Schools and products. Former employee of Adidas stated under oath he was ordered by Adidas to pay recruit DeSouza and his family to keep him away from Maryland.

NCAA lists Adidas as KU’s representative. This chit is brazy. FBI has gotten involved, as well.

Fck KU, if I’m being honest...the fact they may investigate all their sponsored schools got me worried.
Investigate us. We miss on all blue chips so our failures should speak for themselves.

I can give you a slew of stars from Nike schools that went w other companies after school, Brock. I can’t tell you how many Adidas stars signed w a different apparel company on their initial contract, not since 2008, at least.

Now if u think I’m saying Nike is clean, no. I’m just saying b/c Nike is at a point where they don’t need to sell themselves, being that they are by far the biggest apparel company in the world, their involvement is not going to be as heavy as an Adidas or UA who are all trying to take the throne. Adidas had a very aggressive plan to grab stars and they got caught and now The Feds r on their heads.
That’s naive man and not how it works, these apparel companies funnel money into aau programs as sponsors. Look at the Nike eybl teams, they are getting broke off and playing players. Nike was trying to pay deandre Ayton 150k to attend Arizona, adidas was trying to outbid someone(in the Louisville case) and its Nike their prime competitor who pays just as well if not more

Nike is the OG of this ****
They have been doing this sh*t a long time, routine practice for them but when it was uncovered in 2017 or so by the public people were shocked. Nike paid Kevin love aau coach 250k and you better believe some of that money went to Kevin. Just how it goes

Advertisement
That’s naive man and not how it works, these apparel companies funnel money into aau programs as sponsors. Look at the Nike eybl teams, they are getting broke off and playing players. Nike was trying to pay deandre Ayton 150k to attend Arizona, adidas was trying to outbid someone(in the Louisville case) and its Nike their prime competitor who pays just as well if not more

Nike got Marvin Bagley’s dad’s team in the EYBL without ever winning a qualifier and paid for his family’s house. Of course if you believe Nike, it was just part of being in the EYBL where the coaches get paid.

The EYBL is the dirtiest league in all of athletics no matter the sport, gender, or age group

I can give you a slew of stars from Nike schools that went w other companies after school, Brock. I can’t tell you how many Adidas stars signed w a different apparel company on their initial contract, not since 2008, at least.

Now if u think I’m saying Nike is clean, no. I’m just saying b/c Nike is at a point where they don’t need to sell themselves, being that they are by far the biggest apparel company in the world, their involvement is not going to be as heavy as an Adidas or UA who are all trying to take the throne. Adidas had a very aggressive plan to grab stars and they got caught and now The Feds r on their heads.

Massively and comically ignorant statement. You need at least two years at The Wharton School if you think that's true.

You win for moronic post of the month, and that's saying something. (No offense).

I'm sure the board of Nike would be pleased to know they can tell management to cancel their $3.75BB annual global marketing spend. You should send them a postcard.

Advertisement
Nike got Marvin Bagley’s dad’s team in the EYBL without ever winning a qualifier and paid for his family’s house. Of course if you believe Nike, it was just part of being in the EYBL where the coaches get paid.

The EYBL is the dirtiest league in all of athletics no matter the sport, gender, or age group

So y Badgley sign w Puma?

Again, y did Ayton sign w Puma?

Advertisement
So y Badgley sign w Puma?

I have no idea. And to be clear I’m not refuting your point about these guys signing with other brands. I was commenting on the post about Nike being the OG of this game and doing it blatantly.

But to your point, these guys obviously don’t like the shoes or Nike won’t give them what these other brands will. When they are that young its just like in football, once you take the money nobody is gonna ask for it back

I have no idea. And to be clear I’m not refuting your point about these guys signing with other brands. I was commenting on the post about Nike being the OG of this game and doing it blatantly.

But to your point, these guys obviously don’t like the shoes or Nike won’t give them what these other brands will. When they are that young its just like in football, once you take the money nobody is gonna ask for it back

Right; so my point was the reason y Adidas is getting caught up v. Nike and UA at this point is that other means r being used to be funneled; The NCAA is legit charging Adidas as being the booster for KU and potentially other schools, most notably Louisville.

Adidas is pretty much signing players on the back end once said player attends their school. Their aggressiveness to get in to the game now has them caught up. The AAU circuit, coaches, boosters, organizations, I mean the game is so dirty and so open, u don’t need to get your hands involved. You can have that chit washed so many times w/o it coming back to you; but to directly be involved w no middle man??? Yo, that’s dumb coming from a multi billion dollar company.

Right; so my point was the reason y Adidas is getting caught up v. Nike and UA at this point is that other means r being used to be funneled; The NCAA is legit charging Adidas as being the booster for KU and potentially other schools, most notably Louisville.

Adidas is pretty much signing players on the back end once said player attends their school. Their aggressiveness to get in to the game now has them caught up. The AAU circuit, coaches, boosters, organizations, I mean the game is so dirty and so open, u don’t need to get your hands involved. You can have that chit washed so many times w/o it coming back to you; but to directly be involved w no middle man??? Yo, that’s dumb coming from a multi billion dollar company.

IMO the parallels to the football bag game is uncanny. The new guys on the block are more brazen and get the brunt of the entire ordeal. Us, USC, and to a lesser extent Ole Miss get dragged while the big boys skate.

Adidas doesn’t have the kind of pull and aren’t sponsoring Duke, UK, and Carolina so they are expendable. They aren’t doing half of what Nike has done or is doing.

First off, why in the fck are they not dropping heavy bags for us like they did Kansas??

Anyways, allegedly KU is about to try to argue they had no knowledge of Adidas paying players and per ESPN radios interview w Seth Greenberg, The NCAA may expand its investigation to all Adidas schools.

Per reports, while LSU & AU will also be implicated, it appears their cases involved coaches or folks from The AD funneling money through various booster organizations, but specifically w KU, Adidas was labeled as the booster in its arms race w Nike Schools and products. Former employee of Adidas stated under oath he was ordered by Adidas to pay recruit DeSouza and his family to keep him away from Maryland.

NCAA lists Adidas as KU’s representative. This chit is brazy. FBI has gotten involved, as well.

Fck KU, if I’m being honest...the fact they may investigate all their sponsored schools got me worried.
What's funny is we so garbage that the FBI is not even considering the U for possible payments lol

Advertisement
Back