Adidas

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
First off, why in the fck are they not dropping heavy bags for us like they did Kansas??

Anyways, allegedly KU is about to try to argue they had no knowledge of Adidas paying players and per ESPN radios interview w Seth Greenberg, The NCAA may expand its investigation to all Adidas schools.

Per reports, while LSU & AU will also be implicated, it appears their cases involved coaches or folks from The AD funneling money through various booster organizations, but specifically w KU, Adidas was labeled as the booster in its arms race w Nike Schools and products. Former employee of Adidas stated under oath he was ordered by Adidas to pay recruit DeSouza and his family to keep him away from Maryland.

NCAA lists Adidas as KU’s representative. This chit is brazy. FBI has gotten involved, as well.

Fck KU, if I’m being honest...the fact they may investigate all their sponsored schools got me worried.

Advertisement
First off, why in the fck are they not dropping heavy bags for us like they did Kansas??

Anyways, allegedly KU is about to try to argue they had no knowledge of Adidas paying players and per ESPN radios interview w Seth Greenberg, The NCAA may expand its investigation to all Adidas schools.

Per reports, while LSU & AU will also be implicated, it appears their cases involved coaches or folks from The AD funneling money through various booster organizations, but specifically w KU, Adidas was labeled as the booster in its arms race w Nike Schools and products. Former employee of Adidas stated under oath he was ordered by Adidas to pay recruit DeSouza and his family to keep him away from Maryland.

NCAA lists Adidas as KU’s representative. This chit is brazy. FBI has gotten involved, as well.

Fck KU, if I’m being honest...the fact they may investigate all their sponsored schools got me worried.
Bro, if we are dropping bags and this is all we're getting back for it... well then, I dont think I could possibly be more embarrassed.

Advertisement

Nevin Shapiro.... anyone drops bags for us and we will be the 21st century smu

Advertisement

The investigation into all Adidas schools was suggested on ESPN Radio
But that’s ridiculous, who exactly is adidas bidding against? Against Nike and under armour. They wouldn’t do that because they would open up a can of worms for Nike etc

Well we would have gotten Nassir Little if the story didn’t break last year.

Supposedly Adidas was gonna pay his AAU coach to make sure he signed with us.

But that’s ridiculous, who exactly is adidas bidding against? Against Nike and under armour. They wouldn’t do that because they would open up a can of worms for Nike etc

From what was discussed, after Adidas dipped down below UA, they became super aggressive in their efforts to get back. Part of the plan was identifying and persuading kids to join their affiliate schools w payments and contacts to rock their shoes thereafter w lucrative contracts.

Well we would have gotten Nassir Little if the story didn’t break last year.

Supposedly Adidas was gonna pay his AAU coach to make sure he signed with us.

I heard something like that, b/c there was no way Little was supposed to go to UNC. I totally forgot that story.

Advertisement
Nevin Shapiro.... anyone drops bags for us and we will be the 21st century smu

I get that; but Nevin got sloppy & then looked to us and tried to blackmail us. I’m just saying, if we supposed to be Adidas priority, go ahead and make us “your priority.” What other football school could give them clout like us?

From what was discussed, after Adidas dipped down below UA, they became super aggressive in their efforts to get back. Part of the plan was identifying and persuading kids to join their affiliate schools w payments and contacts to rock their shoes thereafter w lucrative contracts.
That’s how all the apparel companies do especially Nike and it’s been that way. Directly involved in basketball recruiting aau influence etc

I get that; but Nevin got sloppy & then looked to us and tried to blackmail us. I’m just saying, if we supposed to be Adidas priority, go ahead and make us “your priority.” What other football school could give them clout like us?
They’re about to be fkd with b-ball like you said. They are not gonna go make a splash dropping bags now in football

Advertisement
That’s how all the apparel companies do especially Nike and it’s been that way. Directly involved in basketball recruiting aau influence etc

I can give you a slew of stars from Nike schools that went w other companies after school, Brock. I can’t tell you how many Adidas stars signed w a different apparel company on their initial contract, not since 2008, at least.

Now if u think I’m saying Nike is clean, no. I’m just saying b/c Nike is at a point where they don’t need to sell themselves, being that they are by far the biggest apparel company in the world, their involvement is not going to be as heavy as an Adidas or UA who are all trying to take the throne. Adidas had a very aggressive plan to grab stars and they got caught and now The Feds r on their heads.

in CBB, its the shoe companies that drop bags esp since the shoe companies run a lot of the AAU leagues (eye ball, etc). in CFB, it's the boosters. adidas already funds all our youth camps. also, adidas did try to pay our recruits to come to miami (in basketball). we just got lucky that everyone just denied everything and we didn't actually land the kid we were accused of paying, but we absolutely knew about it.

Shoe companies don't drop bags for football players. Football players don't usually have shoe deals because they wear cleats and people would look stupid as **** wearing cleats everywhere they went. The NCAA already investigated Miami's basketball team in relation to the Adidas scandal. Nothing came of it besides Dewan Huell not being cleared to play at all on an unrelated matter. But yes, by all means, bring on more NCAA sanctions, please.

Advertisement
Back