Adidas Uniforms

Advertisement
What was it Russell or champion that we kicked *** in before Nike? Branding works for sheep. Either u cut a bigger check or strap up shut up N ride. Nike doesn't produce champions coaching and preparation do. Thinking like that is the whole root of our problem.

Even though Miami took Nike to a new frontier literally.... They make Oregon ( NO CHIPS) their bottom chick. Quit being an abused lover grow a pair and leave. Things change.

Hate to be that guy but i couldnt careless about unis can we just win? State of the program is ****ed right now so unis are basically irrelevant til we beat fsu.

I don't know thanks to some guy's corner store MBA course in branding I now know that unless your uniforms are made by the same company as Jordan Spieth's golf shoes you're pretty screwed.

One of my friends on the team showed me what the new uniforms look like. They're similar to what Louisville had last year. He said everyone likes the new adidas cleats.

Advertisement
We've had crap for ten years on several attempts. I can not understand how anything can be negative. If the players are getting quality stuff that they like, I'm happy, and it seems that Adidas is committed to that. Recruits don't commit elsewhere because we wear Adidas, but they will if we wear nike and our players tell them we never get the newest, best stuff that schools X, Y, and Z are getting.

One of my friends on the team showed me what the new uniforms look like. They're similar to what Louisville had last year. He said everyone likes the new adidas cleats.

10683886_1472477916365576_994644210_n.jpg

Advertisement

Same here. My friend saw them and told me a couple details. Real similar honestly. "Miami" will be on the front above the numbers.

If Miami is supposed to be the new Adidas Flag ship university why then are we getting rebranded Louisville uniforms instead of something more original an unique to Miami?

Don't get me wrong I like most aspects of the UL uniform an think it could work but I guess it is more about having the Money to support the athletic department improve infrastructure.

I am just hoping there are black cleats and sock combinations.

Go Canes

Without the Nike symbols and the accented orange collar.
miamiaway_zpscc6d85c7.jpg

Last edited:
At this point I am looking for "W's"

I don't care if they come out in t-shirts and khackies

I need a signature win from this staff

Advertisement
I respect the poster with the insight on the athletics apparel industry ... But causation and correlation are not the same.

And the reality is the on-field/court results from the athlete(s) validate the brand, not the other way around.

Endorsing Under Armour didn't make Steph Curry cool or a great player ... Him being a great player makes Under Armour cool.

Canes win, Adidas will be cool and we'll be viewed as one of the reasons for their comeback. We don't win, and being affiliated with Adidas won't be viewed any more negatively than what we put on the field/court.

But, either way, wearing Adidas won't be the cause of how we play or recruit.

I respect the poster with the insight on the athletics apparel industry ... But causation and correlation are not the same.

And the reality is the on-field/court results from the athlete(s) validate the brand, not the other way around.

Endorsing Under Armour didn't make Steph Curry cool or a great player ... Him being a great player makes Under Armour cool.

Canes win, Adidas will be cool and we'll be viewed as one of the reasons for their comeback. We don't win, and being affiliated with Adidas won't be viewed any more negatively than what we put on the field/court.

But, either way, wearing Adidas won't be the cause of how we play or recruit.

Well said. If anything though, you can say the change has helped, because they have made a clear push in south florida, which is only helping us.

Advertisement
I don't give a *** who the **** makes our jerseys... but I don't like all this "alternate swag crap" we don't need this mesh crap. We don't need any of that.

The athletic department should just say.

We want one of these
miami-01.jpg

One of these
hester.jpg

and one of these
vince-wilfork1.jpg

They can make us sneaks and cleats but they better match those colors. And whether it be swoosh, or UA, or Adidas I don't care. Cut the check make it exactly that make your sneakers and fan stuff all you want, but we had a really really clean look and I'm sick of them messing with it.

And no we don't need some spandex cutting off the circulation of the players junk. Or some skin tight speedo top. Just a **** jersey that fits well. The kids in the 305 last time I checked run **** fast without looking like some sort of tour de france cirque de soliel seal.

Last edited:
I'd love to find out where Nike's going to be unloading all of their Cane gear for the low once the contract is up. Going to need to stockpile for the next 10 years to come.

Why do they use guys built like ballerinas to show these uniforms? Let's see some of the hogs on the OL to see how they really look.

Advertisement
Back