Adidas Uniforms

Advertisement
Could care less what uniforms look like, more concerned to have foaming animals wearing the defensive unis, complemented with mercurial bullies on the offensive side..

The worst thing about the craptastic Nike designs is that they'd push the same designs on dozens of other schools at the same time or soon after. Kinda like how Washington, Syracuse, and a handful of other schools got jerseys remarkably like ours last year, and that was only year 1 of the 'redesign'.

I guess the good thing about Adidas is, since they only have a handful of schools, our designs should be unique. Now, whether or not they'll be uniquely ugly or uniquely cool remains to be seen.

Michigan ditches Adidas for Nike (in 2016) | CollegeFootballTalk

so as i was explaining to several folks on this site, branding affiliation is everything. i mentioned that when michigan moved over from nike to adidas, they made more front end money, but the back end money was missing. the canes moving to adidas is still a tremendously bad decision for image purposes. adidas is a euro company who's main focus will always be futbol. skechers just recently topped them as the number 3 shoe seller...skechers folks. kansas will be doing the same thing when their contract run out with adidas...they'll be jumping ship.

we should've re-signed with either nike or jump ship to UA. again, our admin is more concerned with front-end money w/o seeing the bigger picture. we didn't get rid of golden b/c of front end money, we didn't invest in getting our own stadium or investing in the ob b/c of front end money...however, look how much that's hurt us. our football team is looked as a money cow vs. an investment.

Um hmm. #firetheadmin #firetheBOT

so as i was explaining to several folks on this site, branding affiliation is everything. i mentioned that when michigan moved over from nike to adidas, they made more front end money, but the back end money was missing. the canes moving to adidas is still a tremendously bad decision for image purposes. adidas is a euro company who's main focus will always be futbol. skechers just recently topped them as the number 3 shoe seller...skechers folks. kansas will be doing the same thing when their contract run out with adidas...they'll be jumping ship.

we should've re-signed with either nike or jump ship to UA. again, our admin is more concerned with front-end money w/o seeing the bigger picture. we didn't get rid of golden b/c of front end money, we didn't invest in getting our own stadium or investing in the ob b/c of front end money...however, look how much that's hurt us. our football team is looked as a money cow vs. an investment.

Advertisement
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me all the great things Nike has done for Miami. Was it their awful baseball bats? The bats that reduced our team's power number ten-fold.

A decade plus of crappy football uniforms? Introducing the clam? When FSU got new uniforms this past season, they also got new practice gear. Did Miami? Nope

I believe Coach L said he saw one Nike rep in 3 years. At the time of the quote he'd met with Adidas three times. Miami did way more for Nike than Nike did for Miami. That includes the decade of crappy football product. When soft-*** Blake James felt the need to softly publicly call out Nike in 2013 about their lack of innovation with Miami's gear that should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Where are all the Nike kumquat farguts to tell me what makes those UT outfits so special? They look like the same tired **** Nike did for us. They must hand those sweatshop chinamen 2 templates and just tell them to plug the team colors in for each school.

I hope Yeezy designs our outfits and only makes 20 of them. Then the players will have to camp out to get them. The guys who don't cop will have to go on eBay and pay $2k for their ****.

Yeah UA makes great stuff. Have you seen those incredible Maryland outfits? Those poor fckers look like Haitian kids wearing an amalgamation of "championship" gear from 3 different runners up along with a Bass Pro Shops camo hat.

Advertisement

Yeah UA makes great stuff. Have you seen those incredible Maryland outfits? Those poor fckers look like Haitian kids wearing an amalgamation of "championship" gear from 3 different runners up along with a Bass Pro Shops camo hat.

You are missing the point of branding (although you would be correct that Maryland's Uni's are attrocious).

Chise, you're a smart (albeit fragrantly sarcastic) guy...you know what branding does. It's all about image.

UA and Nike (with Nike reigning Supreme) are the only ones who have produced national championship teams in the last 17 years. So the idea is that Nike is associated with WINNERS. UA sponsors the MVP of basketball, this year, in the NBA and Nike sponsors the NBA Finals MVP of this year. UA sponsors the greatest LB and S to ever play the game in Ray Lewis and Ed Reed....Nike sponsors the greatest b ball players in the game today and ever in LBJ and MJ respectively. UA now sponsors the best golfer in the world right now....do you get the point?

Branding is everything. Nike approached UM b/c our brand was elite and they had to be associated with us. Now, we are not looked as elite, neither is UCLA, ASU, UL...and A&M has come back down to planet earth as well. All sponsored by an inferior brand (to the public eye) in Adidas. That's all I'm saying. It's not about who makes better looking jerseys; it's about how that logo on the jersey is perceived.

Advertisement
Adidas didn't even try to make the player look intimidating. He looks like a dude walked in a costume store for a rental.

The player Nike used looks like a football player.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me all the great things Nike has done for Miami. Was it their awful baseball bats? The bats that reduced our team's power number ten-fold.

A decade plus of crappy football uniforms? Introducing the clam? When FSU got new uniforms this past season, they also got new practice gear. Did Miami? Nope

I believe Coach L said he saw one Nike rep in 3 years. At the time of the quote he'd met with Adidas three times. Miami did way more for Nike than Nike did for Miami. That includes the decade of crappy football product. When soft-*** Blake James felt the need to softly publicly call out Nike in 2013 about their lack of innovation with Miami's gear that should tell you all you need to know.

ALL OF THIS^^^!!!

Advertisement
Is it bad that I'm more excited to see what our basketball uniforms look like since that team actually has a real head coach?

I've said this a few times, we've got the perfect branding solution:

Want to stand out? White pants with brown skidmarks. They're twofold:

1. Instantly the most recognizable uniform in college football.

2. You know... just in case...

Advertisement
Back