Adidas + Miami in general/uniform talk

Miami began wearing the Green jerseys in 1998 (we lost to VT). They only wore the Green jerseys once a year from 98-2003. Nike pushed the color Green and we began wearing it more frequently 2004 and beyond. Nike ruined Miami's identity and image.

We were wearing green many years before that and it's part of our color scheme.

Miami did not wear Green from the late 70's all the way till 1998.

Yeah and?

Its part of our color scheme and should be at least an alternate. Just like the basketball team and baseball team wear green unis.

I don't mind Green/White for one game out of the year (vs a Duke or GT) as long as Orange/White is our primary uniform.

Orange will always be the primary, I'd at least like to see green a couple times. I'm also a big fan of the storm troopers a few times on the road

Advertisement
Just give me the mismatched sleeves with bra strap, grey camo pants, and a clam somewhere, anywhere on the uniform.

Get the green out of my face. Once you bring it back you will start to look like this again in 3-5 years

image.jpg

The original Adidas uni design was terrible, but the retro uni's have all been homeruns! They've done an amazing job on the retro uni's for football, men's basketball C2BJF1cWgAENGnB.jpg, baseballthrowback-orange-miami-hurricanes-baseball-uniforms-1000.jpg , and even women's basketball C4Bqs5EW8AQF7hE.jpg

Advertisement
Yeah I agree, we should bring out a green alternate uni for the Football team. It's a good look.... my dude @Liberty loves his green...LOL

Our retros are solid. That's how we're supposed to look.

Listen, all know I'm very pro Nike and was not a fan of the switch. However, Adidas has done right by us. The first designs were HORRIBLE; but like their business model under King, they've now simplified everything. They're going back to how they used to be in the 80's while bringing a pop/hip hop element to their casual wear. I dig it. Getting Nike's best designers was ingenious.

I like our green unis...and we're the U...we're the ones who started alternating uniforms b4 anyone else. I agree, Orange/White should be our primary, but I wouldn't mind seeing some special unis like the ice and black ice joints once a year and I also wouldn't mind seeing Adidas throw in some throw backs from yesteryear including some throw back lids to honor commemorative moments.

And for those who do remember, we rocked green jerseys 50's, 60's, and 70's....so yes, green jerseys are very much integrated in our rich uniform history.

Listen, all know I'm very pro Nike and was not a fan of the switch. However, Adidas has done right by us. The first designs were HORRIBLE; but like their business model under King, they've now simplified everything. They're going back to how they used to be in the 80's while bringing a pop/hip hop element to their casual wear. I dig it. Getting Nike's best designers was ingenious.

I like our green unis...and we're the U...we're the ones who started alternating uniforms b4 anyone else. I agree, Orange/White should be our primary, but I wouldn't mind seeing some special unis like the ice and black ice joints once a year and I also wouldn't mind seeing Adidas throw in some throw backs from yesteryear including some throw back lids to honor commemorative moments.

And for those who do remember, we rocked green jerseys 50's, 60's, and 70's....so yes, green jerseys are very much integrated in our rich uniform history.

Holy sh¡t a positive adidas post by rell

Also, keep the Orange/white home uniform and keep the option of White/orange or white/white for the road. No need for green.

Green has always been apart of Miami's history especially since 2000

Except for the 30+ years prior where they never wore green.
Except you are wrong. The uniforms from the 60's-70's were green, gold, and white, with the hurricane warning flags on the helmet.

Except I only said 30 years prior. I know they wore green in the 60's. I was talking about RECENT Miami football. Not what uniform George Mira Sr. was wearing. The school isn't going back to change the colors to green and gold again. I shouldn't have to explain this.

Advertisement
I am sure that I may get roasted by some on the board but I LOVE what they did with the baseball uni's. Night and day compared to what we were getting from Nike in that department.

LOVE our new unis. Hopefully they tweak the actual material some.

Not a big fan of the elastic band on the pants. Nike uses a belt and I think looks good.

The material of the jersey looks better with Nike also. Ours looks rubbery.

But it's all small ****. Bottom line is Adidas has been a homerun and these are the best unis we've had since 2003.

Advertisement
I really dig the men's b-ball throwbacks too. I'm not a fan of the regular basketball jersey though. The stripe across the shorts makes it look like everyone's oddly sagging their shorts.

Also, keep the Orange/white home uniform and keep the option of White/orange or white/white for the road. No need for green.

Except you are wrong. The uniforms from the 60's-70's were green, gold, and white, with the hurricane warning flags on the helmet.

Except I only said 30 years prior. I know they wore green in the 60's. I was talking about RECENT Miami football. Not what uniform George Mira Sr. was wearing. The school isn't going back to change the colors to green and gold again. I shouldn't have to explain this.

Green was a part of the 80's and 90's. Not a solid pant or top but the number fill was green on the white jerseys with a green strip down the pant leg. Our uniforms have always had some form of green on them.

Green was a part of the 80's and 90's. Not a solid pant or top but the number fill was green on the white jerseys with a green strip down the pant leg. Our uniforms have always had some form of green on them.

Come on, man. It's obvious I wasn't referring to the small striping or color details. I'm talking about a green uniform. Once again, I didn't think I would have to explain this.

Advertisement

Come on, man. It's obvious I wasn't referring to the small striping or color details. I'm talking about a green uniform. Once again, I didn't think I would have to explain this.

See but you said no green, not no green uniform. It was the original, it was in the 2000's, it could be an alternate. I like our current uniforms and enjoy the throwback style, but no green because we didnt have it from 70-1998 isnt a good reason. You also said 30+ years, which is was less than 30 years.

Holy sh¡t a positive adidas post by rell

Don't be surprised; I said from the outset that I wasn't pleased w the switch, but also mentioned that I'm hoping since we are Adidas' big fish, they'll do right by us and vise versa, and happy to say they have. Our new unis are hella lit. I like clean, classic looks. I also commended them on the ice and black ice looks they gave us...but no way was I feeling that flamingo ish they gave us. But they're going back to basics and that's what U gotta do sometimes. But don't get it twisted, it's still Nike/Jordan on mine, but I can't hate, Adidas swagged us out.

Advertisement
Back