Adidas + Miami in general/uniform talk

I'm all for an alternate green shirt and green pants patterned after the same design as the current retro jerseys. They could also add a small U to the collar.

Advertisement
Told yall that switching to Adidas was going to be a major positive for us.

Don't care for a green uni though. I would like to see a special uni once or twice a year though. I think that ice look and the black uni were very nice.

Definitely keep the retro look. It's ******* awesome.

Where are all of the shortsighted jagoffs who said we wouldn't be able to recruit players when we switched from Nike to Adidas. You guys look pretty ridiculous, sir. Adidias pwns Nike at this point, and every kid I know at this point loves the Adidas shoes and gear, sir.

I do remember, not specifically from this site but certainly on social media, lots of Miami fans blasting the Adidas move. "Kids will never come to Miami now" Like the cot**** cleats are going to turn them away from a school. **** goes in and out of style so much, if you're super concerned about what's "the hot shoe" instead of which athletic apparel company is ponying up the most cash, you're wasting time. Adidas has gone all in with Miami and we should be happy. Plus the new throwback style uniforms are dope.

Also, keep the Orange/white home uniform and keep the option of White/orange or white/white for the road. No need for green.

Advertisement
Also, keep the Orange/white home uniform and keep the option of White/orange or white/white for the road. No need for green.

Green has been apart of Miami's history especially since 2000

Last edited:

Green has always been apart of Miami's history especially since 2000

Except for the 30+ years prior where they never wore green.

our retro adidas uni's are beautiful...however, i still believe the fan apparel is still lacking big time (tacky designs, materials, etc). Hope the fan apparel catches up

Oh there's no question I'm not disputing that. When I was 6 or so which is when I started watching Miami football which was around 1999 or 2000 I grew up watching the green uniforms being a norm

Advertisement

Oh there's no question I'm not disputing that. When I was 6 or so which is when I started watching Miami football which was around 1999 or 2000 I grew up watching the green uniforms being a norm

I know. I had the green Ken Dorsey jersey back in '01. I'm just really feeling the classic styling of the new unis. Maaaaaaybeee a green "specialty" one to wear once a year at night.

Except you are wrong. The uniforms from the 60's-70's were green, gold, and white, with the hurricane warning flags on the helmet.

green is as much a part of our tradition as anything.

i wasnt initially warm to the adidas switch, but very soon after i began to see the light. i LOVE the current jersey's we have, and i hope we keep that design for a long, long time.

add a green alternate once in awhile, with the exact same design.

nothing else is needed.

Is it only me but why are the names on the back of the jerseys so small. It looks funny. Make the letters bigger and normal size like Pro Teams or even most of college football. Look at 'Bamas.

Advertisement

Miami began wearing the Green jerseys in 1998 (we lost to VT). They only wore the Green jerseys once a year from 98-2003. Nike pushed the color Green and we began wearing it more frequently 2004 and beyond. Nike ruined Miami's identity and image.

Miami began wearing the Green jerseys in 1998 (we lost to VT). They only wore the Green jerseys once a year from 98-2003. Nike pushed the color Green and we began wearing it more frequently 2004 and beyond. Nike ruined Miami's identity and image.

We were wearing green many years before that and it's part of our color scheme.

Miami did not wear Green from the late 70's all the way till 1998.

Advertisement

Green didn't do it, all the horrible designs did. It went straight to **** with the bra straps, and everything that followed. It looked like Nike was trying to win some outrageous design contest, and we were the anorexic model tripping down the runway.

Yeah and?

Its part of our color scheme and should be at least an alternate. Just like the basketball team and baseball team wear green unis.

Green didn't do it, all the horrible designs did. It went straight to **** with the bra straps, and everything that followed. It looked like Nike was trying to win some outrageous design contest, and we were the anorexic model tripping down the runway.

This.

Yeah and?

Its part of our color scheme and should be at least an alternate. Just like the basketball team and baseball team wear green unis.

I don't mind Green/White for one game out of the year (vs a Duke or GT) as long as Orange/White is our primary uniform.

Advertisement
Back