2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

You proved right to not panic. Three things have changed making December realistic for us when it wasn't before. First, Mario has money whereas with previous staffs our coaches were never able to compete when another program really wanted to keep a kid. Second, kids are believing in the direction of the program even more than the fans (which wasn't the case before). Finally, Mario and his staff are exceptional at this. We've never had a recruiting team this good before.
"We've never had a recruiting team this good"??....yes we have....and even better. That's not to say this crew isn't Elite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"We've never had a recruiting team this good"??....yes we have....and even better. That's not to say this crew isn't Elite.
I'm willing to argue this one out a bit. I certainly understand that historical staffs recruiting efforts led to incredible success and led to a multitude of NFL selections and first round picks.

However, that was in a time where SFL was less nationalized in terms of recruiting, with less ability to scout and communicate with players outside of their geographical region. In today's environment recruiting has to be more challenging than in the 80's/90's/00's.

This staff's ability to mobilize funding and booster support also is also greater than any former staffs, which has a direct correlation to recruiting performance (especially with NIL).

We will see what this staff can materialize in terms of on-field success and NFL selections but this is all-time what they are doing with this sample size. Recruiting rankings also support this position (even if they're bullshyt).

I'm going with Mario's staff as best ever, but agree that past staffs were also elite.

if you were to compile a list of best recruiters of all time, Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis would be in the Top 5, and they were both on the same staff. No one could evaluate and project a prospect the way they did.

I'm willing to argue this one out a bit. I certainly understand that historical staffs recruiting efforts led to incredible success and led to a multitude of NFL selections and first round picks.

However, that was in a time where SFL was less nationalized in terms of recruiting, with less ability to scout and communicate with players outside of their geographical region. In today's environment recruiting has to be more challenging than in the 80's/90's/00's.

This staff's ability to mobilize funding and booster support also is also greater than any former staffs, which has a direct correlation to recruiting performance (especially with NIL).

We will see what this staff can materialize in terms of on-field success and NFL selections but this is all-time what they are doing with this sample size. Recruiting rankings also support this position (even if they're bullshyt).

I'm going with Mario's staff as best ever, but agree that past staffs were also elite.
South FL wasn't less Nationalized in the 90s....and the staff I not only think was the best in UM History locked up more kids nationally than in Dade and Broward.

Advertisement
South FL wasn't less Nationalized in the 90s....and the staff I not only think was the best in UM History locked up more kids nationally than in Dade and Broward.
That is a fair point. Happy that we can be comparing former staffs who were ELITE to today's in any capacity. Good sign for the present and future. #GoCanes

Respectfully disagree on this premise. Historically, South Florida has always been a priority in recruiting always. Technology has helped improve the eval but there has never been a time when the top programs didn’t focus on getting recruits from the areas. It has always been nationalized.

In regards to staff, on paper one can argue either Jimmy’s or Butch’s staff as the best. I once did a breakdown of it in a discussion on a thread with @SWFLHurricane and quite literally you can’t fault if one said Jimmy’s or if another said Butch’s. You are using the argument of today’s technology and access, I would argue that if those two staffs were working in today’s landscape they would be just as great if not greater. No knock on Mario and staff, but those two staffs were elite.

Talent is always constant and is no different today as it was yesterday, the only difference is technology and advancements in science that enhance the talent more today than before.

Advertisement
Just waiting for @DMoney to post his SR highlight tape
giphy.gif

Advertisement
I wasn't around back then, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I'd have to assume with the advent of the internet, recruiting as a whole became much more nationalized? Honestly blows my mind how recruiting was a thing then. I gotta imagine for any program, it was possible to have a stud in your backyard and have him remain kind of hidden.

I wasn't around back then, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I'd have to assume with the advent of the internet, recruiting as a whole became much more nationalized? Honestly blows my mind how recruiting was a thing then. I gotta imagine for any program, it was possible to have a stud in your backyard and have him remain kind of hidden.
Yes, definitely possible. And no 7-on-7 or offseason circuit. The street agent plague hadn’t proliferated yet, either.

Great staff of recruiters, but the whole industry or process is much different today.

Advertisement
Back