Adam Schefter with Greg Rousseau

I actually have about another 10 more years before I’m considered “middle age
Didn’t deny having man ****
umad.png
:laughing-1:

Advertisement
Buuuuuuuuuurrrrrrr!

lol. Man, GR15 did right by us. I know he left unexpectedly, but at least he’s actually going to get drafted high; unlike the other numbnuts that are working at a HS b/c they didn’t get drafted

Everything is conditional.
Do you think Clemson fans would be jumping for joy of ettienne left leaving an unknown and some dude coming off of an acl?

What about if leatherwood left at bama leaving a depth issue at left tackle? Clemson wouldn’t have been in the playoffs or won a natty if the 2 predicted first rounders at dline left after 3 years.
You think that place would be loving those guys?
What Sony or Chubb or both left uga? Even if just one left there was no one on that team that was replacing the production lost by even one of those dudes not to mention both.

But can’t hate on GR for leaving. I was critical of the reason at first. But if he doesn’t want mama to work or be exposed then I understand 100.
It’s been 2 years He’s quitting the team period, gets drafted 2nd round hopefully. Hate away at me don’t effin care.
BB4A3C03-15AC-4BEB-8F7F-DDA61943522B.gif
BB4A3C03-15AC-4BEB-8F7F-DDA61943522B.gif

Guy only played for one year. Don’t even really consider him a Cane, and the idea that he’s an “ambassador” is laughable.

Dude is a quitter. He’s looking out for himself and not his team. Fine, that’s his choice, but the fanbase owes him no love.

Advertisement
Being real, I want him to get taken top 5 to help our marketing. Then I wouldn't be too upset if he tore his ACL at home before getting his signing bonus and ends up working at a Wendy's. Hope he goes high but he can get f'd. 6 games? Good luck with that

Some of you folks have **** for brains.

All I could think about listening to that 10 min interview was, "Wow, what a good kid. I'm so happy to have him representing my University."

A lot of you need to do some growing up. He's making a sacrifice for his family, and I can only wish the best for him.

Advertisement
I’ve yet to see a mock draft with GR15 outside of the top 10 much less the first round. Why do you think he would fall that far? If it’s because he’s opting out, do you think Micah Parsons will fall that far as well?

It's because he's opting out. And because he's only played one season of football since high school. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm wondering if the kid even enjoys playing football.... because he doesn't seem to play many snaps.

Some of you folks have **** for brains.

All I could think about listening to that 10 min interview was, "Wow, what a good kid. I'm so happy to have him representing my University."

A lot of you need to do some growing up. He's making a sacrifice for his family, and I can only wish the best for him.
Please spare me the Covid sob-story excuse. EVERYONE in America is dealing with Covid, one way or another. We've either had it, or know someone who's had it.

Rousseau's situation is not special. He just doesn't want to play football. He's making a choice based on his own convenience, and I'm not compelled in any way to respect his decision.

It's because he's opting out. And because he's only played one season of football since high school. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm wondering if the kid even enjoys playing football.... because he doesn't seem to play many snaps
I see what you’re saying I just don’t think scouts care if he sits out this year. As long as he stays in shape and has a good pro day he’ll still be a top 10 pick IMO

I see what you’re saying I just don’t think scouts care if he sits out this year. As long as he stays in shape and has a good pro day he’ll still be a top 10 pick IMO

Fair enough, but here's another way to look at it. Say you were hired by some NFL team to recommend who they should pick in the first round of this year's draft. Would you pick Rousseau?

He has high upside, no denying that. All the physical tools. But he's only played one season, and he chose to sit out. He has a history of injuries. Most likely, he's either boom or bust.... if he gets it together and works hard, he could be phenomenal. If he sandbags it and doesn't put in the work, he'll bust.

Now back to you. If you stuck your neck out and picked Rousseau and he ends up being a star, he makes millions, while you get a nice pat on the back. If you picked Rousseau and he doesn't work out, then you get fired - it's a tough business and nobody gives a **** about back office guys.

THAT'S the problem for Rousseau. That's what Mel Kiper and the draft gurus don't take in to account - the whole human side of the business.

Somebody is going to have to put their job on the line and take a risk on him. Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? I doubt it, but we'll see. More likely, they'll pick someone who has proven to work hard because it makes them less of a risk. Nobody is getting fired for drafting a decent player who may not be a superstar, but who is a workhorse and a mainstay in the league for a long time. Pretty much his only shot of getting drafted in the first, IMO, is if a team like Dallas picks him - and that's because they have an owner who calls the shots and who isn't going to fire himself for anything. Most teams, though, have employees that do this.

Keep in mind that every year, UM has kids leave early... and every year, our fans over-estimate where those kids will be drafted. I could name dozens of examples. Our kids who leave early are always picked lower than our fans think they will.

Advertisement
Please spare me the Covid sob-story excuse. EVERYONE in America is dealing with Covid, one way or another. We've either had it, or know someone who's had it.

Rousseau's situation is not special. He just doesn't want to play football. He's making a choice based on his own convenience, and I'm not compelled in any way to respect his decision.

Grow the **** up, Peter Pan.

You clearly didn't even listen to the interview.

Grow the **** up, Peter Pan.

You clearly didn't even listen to the interview.

No, I didn't listen to the interview. I don't plan to either. Why should I waste my time listening to excuses from a kid who quit?

Actions speak louder than words. He quit - that's that.

I value my time, and if I'm going to listen to an interview, it's gonna be with someone who actually plays football.

The fan esponse is always conditional based on team depth at the position and how it affects the team.
Nowhere did I say that we have the moral authority to judge a player for making a decision based on the fact that it’s going to hurt the team.
Obviously it’s a free country and each player can make a decision for himself and what’s best for him and his family. But to sit there and say that our fanbass is horrible because we’re calling our players for leaving early as if no other Fanbase would do it is not sincere.
If you look at the record of other Fanbases and what they’ve said about other players when they leave early or when they get in trouble or what happens after they turn pro it’s pretty much even and I would say that other fan bases have said much worse. Look At what UGA and gator fans have said about South Florida players for example. What do you think would happen If Copeland and Grimes leave UF?
We have screenshots of that board and they’ve called out players for much less. Those does would be thes more than anyone anyone that’s ever left early on our team.
We’ve criticized players for leaving to be 6 th rounders or udfa. Very few were ****ed that Njoku left. The thing with GR is that we as fans wanted to see how this defense would be with him in it on top of everyone else. We’re desperate for wins and a dominant defense like the ones of years past. So yeah it’s a selfish position as a fan base. There are probably peole ****ed at Tom Brady in New England. Does that make them a shty fan base?
Packer fans are still mad at Favre for Some reason. And they’ve been sold out since before I was born.
The more pious evolved members of our fan base tend to overstate how ****** our fans are.

Our fans are just like all other fans. There’s a segment that likes to watch through a monocle while swirling brandy in a giant snifter. Then, there’s the other 98% of us who are rabid about the program and what’s best for the program and not particularly obsessed with individual players or coaches.

Advertisement
Fair enough, but here's another way to look at it. Say you were hired by some NFL team to recommend who they should pick in the first round of this year's draft. Would you pick Rousseau?

He has high upside, no denying that. All the physical tools. But he's only played one season, and he chose to sit out. He has a history of injuries. Most likely, he's either boom or bust.... if he gets it together and works hard, he could be phenomenal. If he sandbags it and doesn't put in the work, he'll bust.

Now back to you. If you stuck your neck out and picked Rousseau and he ends up being a star, he makes millions, while you get a nice pat on the back. If you picked Rousseau and he doesn't work out, then you get fired - it's a tough business and nobody gives a **** about back office guys.

THAT'S the problem for Rousseau. That's what Mel Kiper and the draft gurus don't take in to account - the whole human side of the business.

Somebody is going to have to put their job on the line and take a risk on him. Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? I doubt it, but we'll see. More likely, they'll pick someone who has proven to work hard because it makes them less of a risk. Nobody is getting fired for drafting a decent player who may not be a superstar, but who is a workhorse and a mainstay in the league for a long time. Pretty much his only shot of getting drafted in the first, IMO, is if a team like Dallas picks him - and that's because they have an owner who calls the shots and who isn't going to fire himself for anything. Most teams, though, have employees that do this.

Keep in mind that every year, UM has kids leave early... and every year, our fans over-estimate where those kids will be drafted. I could name dozens of examples. Our kids who leave early are always picked lower than our fans think they will.
That’s the same with every player in the draft though. They’re all hit or miss, and you’re risking your career on every pick. If scouts are concerned about injuries, wouldn’t they prefer for GR15 to not play and risk another before the draft? And do you think Micah Parsons and the other players that opted out will fall as far as you believe Greg will?

That’s the same with every player in the draft though. They’re all hit or miss, and you’re risking your career on every pick. If scouts are concerned about injuries, wouldn’t they prefer for GR15 to not play and risk another before the draft? And do you think Micah Parsons and the other players that opted out will fall as far as you believe Greg will?

Yeah but they're not all the same amount of hit or miss. Some players are riskier than others. The fact that Rousseau has only played one season, and that he opted out when he could have played makes him a bigger risk than someone like Duke Johnson, who you knew was going to show up to every practice and play hard every down.

NFL scouts interview players before the draft for a reason - because they want to assess the risk. This is a business. Someone with a lot of drive and good work ethic is more likely to pan out.

And yes, I think Micah Parsons will be drafted lower than he otherwise would have been. Even though he played twice as many college snaps as Rousseau.

I think Rousseau will fall out of the first round for sure, and Parsons will fall out of the top 10 for sure.

Yeah but they're not all the same amount of hit or miss. Some players are riskier than others. The fact that Rousseau has only played one season, and that he opted out when he could have played makes him a bigger risk than someone like Duke Johnson, who you knew was going to show up to every practice and play hard every down.

NFL scouts interview players before the draft for a reason - because they want to assess the risk. This is a business. Someone with a lot of drive and good work ethic is more likely to pan out.

And yes, I think Micah Parsons will be drafted lower than he otherwise would have been. Even though he played twice as many college snaps as Rousseau.

I think Rousseau will fall out of the first round for sure, and Parsons will fall out of the top 10 for sure.
You may be right about GR15 and Parsons falling in the draft but it probably won't be for those reasons. More and more teams are drafting players based off of potential/up side rather then what they have done on the field.

You may be right about GR15 and Parsons falling in the draft but it probably won't be for those reasons. More and more teams are drafting players based off of potential/up side rather then what they have done on the field.

Who has ever been drafted in the first round after playing only one year of college football, and sitting out when they could have played? Since you brought it up, I'd love it if you could specifically name anyone who was picked in the first round whose situation is similar to Rousseau's.

Players get drafted all the time on nothing but potential. But usually not in the first round. Teams use later picks for that - picks that don't come with guaranteed contracts so that teams can cut ties if it doesn't work out. That's how they manage risk.

Advertisement
Back