Adam Schefter with Greg Rousseau

Advertisement
Only Miami fans would be ragging on a surefire first round pick. I legitimately don't get it. You can have the next man up mentality and still be happy for our guys.
You are correct. That's why the public's perception of the fan base is so bad. But these YoYos think the player owes them something. They're pathetic.

Advertisement
You are correct. That's why the public's perception of the fan base is so bad. But these YoYos think the player owes them something. They're pathetic.
Everything is conditional.
Do you think Clemson fans would be jumping for joy of ettienne left leaving an unknown and some dude coming off of an acl?

What about if leatherwood left at bama leaving a depth issue at left tackle? Clemson wouldn’t have been in the playoffs or won a natty if the 2 predicted first rounders at dline left after 3 years.
You think that place would be loving those guys?
What Sony or Chubb or both left uga? Even if just one left there was no one on that team that was replacing the production lost by even one of those dudes not to mention both.

But can’t hate on GR for leaving. I was critical of the reason at first. But if he doesn’t want mama to work or be exposed then I understand 100.

Advertisement
Do you think Clemson fans would be jumping for joy of ettienne left leaving an unknown and some dude coming off of an acl?

What about if leatherwood left at bama leaving a depth issue at left tackle? Clemson wouldn’t have been in the playoffs or won a natty if the 2 predicted first rounders at dline left after 3 years.
What Sony or Chubb or both left uga? Even if just one left there was no one on that team that was replacing the production lost by even one of those dudes not to mention both.

But can’t hate on GR for leaving. I was critical of the reason at first. But if he doesn’t want mama to work or be exposed then I understand 100.
I appreciate the response. But it is not conditional. If any player decides he wants to leave or just stop playing, it is their prerogative and the situation they leave is not their responsibility. Now, will I be upset? I'd likely disappointed but that player/student-athlete has the right to decide what to do with his future and does not owe the fanbase anything. Not even an explanation.

I would love to know how some in the fanbase would react in a similar situation but sadly, that notion is dismissed because, because, because we're fans!

Every single one of your “examples” are … well … stupid. What does that have to do with anything? Athletes leave early all the time. In basketball they leave after one year. This isn’t an different.

And, if teams are going to lose all this “production“, then it’s the coaches responsibility to recruit better athletes, not the athletes responsibility to cover the coaches failings.

I appreciate the response. But it is not conditional. If any player decides he wants to leave or just stop playing, it is their prerogative and the situation they leave is not their responsibility. Now, will I be upset? I'd likely disappointed but that player/student-athlete has the right to decide what to do with his future and does not owe the fanbase anything. Not even an explanation.

I would love to know how some in the fanbase would react in a similar situation but sadly, that notion is dismissed because, because, because we're fans!
The fan esponse is always conditional based on team depth at the position and how it affects the team.
Nowhere did I say that we have the moral authority to judge a player for making a decision based on the fact that it’s going to hurt the team.
Obviously it’s a free country and each player can make a decision for himself and what’s best for him and his family. But to sit there and say that our fanbass is horrible because we’re calling our players for leaving early as if no other Fanbase would do it is not sincere.
If you look at the record of other Fanbases and what they’ve said about other players when they leave early or when they get in trouble or what happens after they turn pro it’s pretty much even and I would say that other fan bases have said much worse. Look At what UGA and gator fans have said about South Florida players for example. What do you think would happen If Copeland and Grimes leave UF?
We have screenshots of that board and they’ve called out players for much less. Those does would be thes more than anyone anyone that’s ever left early on our team.
We’ve criticized players for leaving to be 6 th rounders or udfa. Very few were ****ed that Njoku left. The thing with GR is that we as fans wanted to see how this defense would be with him in it on top of everyone else. We’re desperate for wins and a dominant defense like the ones of years past. So yeah it’s a selfish position as a fan base. There are probably peole ****ed at Tom Brady in New England. Does that make them a shty fan base?
Packer fans are still mad at Favre for Some reason. And they’ve been sold out since before I was born.

Advertisement
Much love for him . Anyone who doesn't have love for a kid like that has issues.
Give me your qualifications before you psycho analyze anyone. Its a violation of the Board of psychiatry to do anything different.

The fan esponse is always conditional based on team depth at the position and how it affects the team.
Nowhere did I say that we have the moral authority to judge a player for making a decision based on the fact that it’s going to hurt the team.
Obviously it’s a free country and each player can make a decision for himself and what’s best for him and his family. But to sit there and say that our fanbass is horrible because we’re calling our players for leaving early as if no other Fanbase would do it is not sincere.
If you look at the record of other Fanbases and what they’ve said about other players when they leave early or when they get in trouble or what happens after they turn pro it’s pretty much even and I would say that other fan bases have said much worse. Look At what UGA and gator fans have said about South Florida players for example. What do you think would happen If Copeland and Grimes leave UF?
We have screenshots of that board and they’ve called out players for much less. Those does would be thes more than anyone anyone that’s ever left early on our team.
We’ve criticized players for leaving to be 6 th rounders or udfa. Very few were ****ed that Njoku left. The thing with GR is that we as fans wanted to see how this defense would be with him in it on top of everyone else. We’re desperate for wins and a dominant defense like the ones of years past. So yeah it’s a selfish position as a fan base. There are probably peole ****ed at Tom Brady in New England. Does that make them a shty fan base?
Packer fans are still mad at Favre for Some reason. And they’ve been sold out since before I was born.
......and that is where it goes south. I'm sorry but he and the many before him did nothing wrong. However, if you and others feel its OK to hate on student-athletes.......do your thing.

PS. What if it was your child making a similar decision (I ask rhetorically)

Advertisement
......and that is where it goes south. I'm sorry but he and the many before him did nothing wrong. However, if you and others feel its OK to hate on student-athletes.......do your thing.

PS. What if it was your child making a similar decision (I ask rhetorically)
Not criticizing your stance at all. For the most part your right. My thing was you criticizing our fan base as if we were doing something so out of character for a p5 team’s fans.
But not all situations are the same. Not every position is the same. I personally thought Sony should’ve left because of his position. I thought the same thing about DJ.
Rousseau is taking advantage of a situation. The situation is that he would not equal last years production but will likely be better than last year. He literally came out of nowhere and needs to strike while it’s still hot in a year that cfb will be filled with question marks. Why risk his draft stock. I dont know what the need is in the league for a defensive end or how deep the draft will be this year at the position.
But teams will also be taking a chance on him given that he only played one full season and it wasn’t against the best competition and will not have played over a year of football by the time the draft comes around. But from the interview it looks like Drew sold him on him being a top 5 pick.
Now as far as replacing him or his production?
Top 5 picks are never easily replaceable

So when you ask if it were my kid the question would be are all things equal? Is my son a redshirt freshman who just had 15 sacks despite not starting 4 games and being played at different positions on the line.
Me and my wife both work in the ER so the similarities are there to at least one extent.
The only advice I would give my son is this: If your heart and mind are not 100 percent And you will not be giving 100 percent then declare.
New staff, new offense and a lot of new players at key positions on defense.
If he says that the desire to play will be too much and he can’t stand watching his brothers play without him then he should stay.
I would tell him not to base his decision on me or my wife not working at all. it’s his life and it should not be clouded by thinking about having to take care of me. I busted my *** so my child wouldn’t lhave to worry about me. But I know that regardless of that he or she might still be having that desire to have his mom not lift a finger and have people kissing her ***. What good son wouldn’t want That.

My stance has always been that parents push these kids to make poor decisions coming out of high school and those same influences are present as soon as they become eligible.
and that is much worse for a player than some fan upset that GR won’t be on the team.
But in no way do I feel that This is was the situation with GR. He’s a good kid and made a smart decision despite how much I amd others wanted to see him back in orange and green.

Not criticizing your stance at all. For the most part your right. My thing was you criticizing our fan base as if we were doing something so out of character for a p5 team’s fans.
But not all situations are the same. Not every position is the same. I personally thought Sony should’ve left because of his position. I thought the same thing about DJ.
Rousseau is taking advantage of a situation. The situation is that he would not equal last years production but will likely be better than last year. He literally came out of nowhere and needs to strike while it’s still hot in a year that cfb will be filled with question marks. Why risk his draft stock. I dont know what the need is in the league for a defensive end or how deep the draft will be this year at the position.
But teams will also be taking a chance on him given that he only played one full season and it wasn’t against the best competition and will not have played over a year of football by the time the draft comes around. But from the interview it looks like Drew sold him on him being a top 5 pick.
Now as far as replacing him or his production?
Top 5 picks are never easily replaceable

So when you ask if it were my kid the question would be are all things equal? Is my son a redshirt freshman who just had 15 sacks despite not starting 4 games and being played at different positions on the line.
Me and my wife both work in the ER so the similarities are there to at least one extent.
The only advice I would give my son is this: If your heart and mind are not 100 percent And you will not be giving 100 percent then declare.
New staff, new offense and a lot of new players at key positions on defense.
If he says that the desire to play will be too much and he can’t stand watching his brothers play without him then he should stay.
I would tell him not to base his decision on me or my wife not working at all. it’s his life and should not cloud his decisions by thinking about having to take care of me. I busted my *** so my child wouldn’t live his and not worry about me. But I know that regardless of that he or she might still be having that desire to have his mom not lift a finger and have people kissing her ***. What good son wouldn’t want That.

My stance has always been that parents push these kids to make poor decisions coming out of high school and those same influences are present as soon as they become eligible.
and that is much worse for a player than some fan upset that GR won’t be on the team.
But II in no way feel that Th is was the situation with GR. He’s a good kid and made a smart decision despite how much I amd others wanted to see him back in orange and green.
Fair enough. (y)

The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Cat GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back