Adam Gorney from Rivals says...

We have the 63rd ranked class on Rivals. 10 of our 13 commits are from outside the state of Florida. Our biggest remaining targets Thomas, Coley, Collins, Bryant....aren't even surefire Cane locks.

Take off the orange and green glasses and look at things objectively and you'll see that this guy has a point. Not saying that he's completely right or that class rankings are everything...but if you look at things objectively you'd have to be concerned about where this class stands right now. But of course a lot can change between now and NSD

Advertisement
For right now its not an incorrect statement if we dont close well our class would be extremely disapointing

Cant remember a recruiting year where so much was going to matter on NSD

#63 team ranking overall but if you adjust it to average star ranking we are #19. Gotta love a rivals writer that doesn't understand how his own website's ranking system works.

We are tied at 3.33 avg. with Clemson and just behind FSU who is at 3.47.

Exactly. Im pretty sure I could get his job within 6 months of working at rivals.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466262

Adam Gorney, West: Hello, my name is Adam Gorney. I have never played football in my life, and despite the fact that my only exposure to football was hiding in the locker rooms in high school to watch the football players shower, I purport to know quite a bit about football. I am extremely uneducated, having finished only three semesters of community college, and it is well known in my area that I have an extremely small *****. Doctors have told me that it is unnaturally small, but no girl has ever seen my ***** and I'm still a virgin so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I make about $8,000 a year "reporting" for Rivals.com, which is plenty of money because my mom still let's me stay in her basement for free. When I'm not pretending to know anything about football, I am usually in the basement playing Nintendo or renewing my subscription to any number of the homoerotic websites which I frequent. That is my biography, and by the way, I'm going to hate on Miami's class even when it is far from finished and, as mentioned above, I know less about football, and especially talent evaluation, than the average 6 year old girl.

FIFY bro

Last edited:
Keep in mind players lose stars for committing to us. Duke and Dorsett lost stars, collins got a star when he decomitted. See these FSU lovers on the field

Advertisement
#63 team ranking overall but if you adjust it to average star ranking we are #19. Gotta love a rivals writer that doesn't understand how his own website's ranking system works.

So wait...you all complain nonstop about how star ratings are tainted based on who a player commits to but now you all want to use it to support your argument? Lol

I mean, if this was our final class yeah it'd be extremely disappoint so I'll give him at, but I'd like to see his opinion of this class in a week or so, and I'm sure Al would like to as well (insert badass picture of al here)

So wait...you all complain nonstop about how star ratings are tainted based on who a player commits to but now you all want to use it to support your argument? Lol

I think they are just pointing out the inconsistencies in the system. I think you need to try harder with the trolling. Weak effort.

Advertisement

Nites?? We all knew that this would be a small class in numbers, so it was destined to be ranked low on Rivals based on their system. Talk to me after signing day, if Al convices 4-5 of the remaining targets to sign, this class will be as good as anyones.

We have 5 guys enrolled, not 3 (one of which isn't even listed on the site). And Burns, Carter, AQM, Olsen are 4 of the remaining 8 guys. I'll take that considering we have at least 9 targets left to decide still. Maybe if rivals rankings weren't so awful and had Burns and Olsen top 100 like they should it would look better?

UF has like 1 commit from south florida (Kelvin Taylor). How are we losing the recruiting batte against them again?

Advertisement
As I've been saying, we need to close strong on our remaining targets for this to go down as a great class. We're far from that right now.

I think ESPN is a lot better!!! Class ranking 23rd, 6 *4* recruits out of 13 and 7 *3* recruits.. with a strong finish a top 10 class

Ok guys rank em espn, scout, rivals, 247

I know they all are biased, but for sure I have espn on top and rivals on bottom

Advertisement
class rankings are funny. All those top ranked classes really helped us the last couple years. Our offense is a juggernaut!

Just my humble opinion but this is definitely one of UiF's best classes. Hargreaves is just a flat out stud and Fulwood is the best WR you have landed in years. I don't think Taylor is as good as his rating and Sherit is majorly overrated but that's all just pure amateur speculation of course.

Adam Gorney, West: Miami has to be on this list. The Hurricanes have only 12 commitments; three are already enrolled, and the nine others don't exactly blow anybody away. There are no five-stars in their class, and only one prospect -- defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad -- is in the Rivals100. That is unacceptable for a program with so much talent surrounding the school that the coaching staff could pull kids from just five miles away and field an excellent team. Miami is really losing the battle for Florida talent with the Gators atop the team rankings and Florida State in the top 20. There are a bunch of teams, including some in the ACC, that are ranked ahead of Miami in the team rankings that have no business being there. Al Golden and his staff have to close really strong to stave off a disappointing recruiting class.

LOL 4 of the 9 are Burns, Carter, AQM and Olsen.

Adam Gorney, West: Miami has to be on this list. The Hurricanes have only 12 commitments; three are already enrolled, and the nine others don't exactly blow anybody away. There are no five-stars in their class, and only one prospect -- defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad -- is in the Rivals100. That is unacceptable for a program with so much talent surrounding the school that the coaching staff could pull kids from just five miles away and field an excellent team. Miami is really losing the battle for Florida talent with the Gators atop the team rankings and Florida State in the top 20. There are a bunch of teams, including some in the ACC, that are ranked ahead of Miami in the team rankings that have no business being there. Al Golden and his staff have to close really strong to stave off a disappointing recruiting class.

Sounds like someone who never played football in their life but was a jock sniffer to all the stars on the football team.

Advertisement
Back