AD secured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Jurich is washed up. He brought back Petrino and it failed miserably

It wasn't a massive failure , it just wasn't as successful as the first time around. Overall it ended up being a mediocre hire. He ended stint 2 with a 36-26 record. Petrino won the division in year 3 in his second go-round. Overall Jurich made 4 hires in football. Two were home runs - Strong and Petrino Pt 1 (both 1st time HCs) One was mediocre Petrino pt 2. One was a failure, Krathorpe. There are other sports than football too.

Basketball - Rick Pitino. Walk off grand slam. And if Jurich was UM AD, I think Pitino would jump at the chance to be UM coach.

Baseball - while Jurich was AD, Louisville was regional champ 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017. 5 CWS appearances in that time. Jurich hired Dan McDonald in 2007 (his only baseball HC hire, he inherited his predecessor). McDonald was a first time HC and he's gone 637-261 since being hired (including the 5 CWS appearances) . That's a 71% win rate.

Across multiple sports, Jurich has a good eye for spotting up and coming coaching talent.

Last edited:
If they did go with Jurich, which seems to be the chatter, I wonder why he got the nod over Randakovich?

I feel like bagging Radakovich would have sent shockwaves around the world of collegiate athletics.
Radakovich has done a phenomenal job as far as improving facilities, but he hasn’t really done anything as far as other sports go. Dabo had already been there a few years once he was hired. To be fair, Clemson literally only cares about football. Baseball is a distant 2nd. So as long as football is humming, the administration and fan base will be completely satisfied.

Advertisement
If they did go with Jurich, which seems to be the chatter, I wonder why he got the nod over Randakovich?

I feel like bagging Radakovich would have sent shockwaves around the world of collegiate athletics.
I think Jurich has a better track record across all sports. Radakovich obviously oversees a great football program but they are relatively meh in most other sports.

Jurich oversaw the rise of Louisville athletics that led them into the ACC. I know football is #1 but this department needs a total overhaul across the board. Jurich seems the better bet there.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes don't really care what you think but it is obvious you don't read my post. just because the info hasn't gotten fully out and is in a small group of people doesn't mean everyone who knows are allowed to share more specifics. I could go on and on but here is a short history of the 2 biggest calls well before. don't have time to pacify you. you are welcome. I am sure you will STFU now.

How is this track record?

Rhett Lashlee?

Deriq King?
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/🚨-breaking-news-king-publicly-commits-🚨-the-deriq-king-thread.157564/

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes where you at? you been pretty quiet lately?

I live in Louisville and hate UL athletics almost as much as UF’s. Jurich is a beast. I use to say that they should name the National AD of the year award after the guy. He will raise money from all sources and exceed all projections. The first squeeze will be Adidas. He knows where some Adidas bodies are buried, and I assure you they will pay more pronto. When he left the ‘Ville, he had real contacts there and leveraged them to perfection. He also nearly broke the City of Louisville, squeezing them into a bond offering to build the Yum Center, which is a premier facility. When the city crawled back 2 years later groveling for relief from terms, he offered the city very little in concessions.

If the University directs an additional 30m a year to athletics independent of Jurich, Jurich may match within a few years. A few months ago I guessed UM is about 60m a year from competing at Tier-1, but now we’re talking.

Jurich is an alpha’s alpha. You will hear of him making waves under the surface. Some of the ish will have a basis. The man does not play for anything but keeps. The Meyer Lansky thread woven in this string is a fitting intro. for Tom Jurich. If we go with him, his tenure will not be for the faint of heart. Tectonic shifts will occur or he will leave within 15 months.

He’s also got quite a history within the conference. The powers that be will likely turn a blind eye knowing it needs beasts like Tom to compete with the SEC. Buckle the F up if it’s Tom Jurich.

P.S. Don’t forget Howard (a true Louisvillian) started this thing. I strongly suspect he put some great thoughts and ideas about Coral Gables in Jurich’s head long ago. Will history kind of repeat itself?

Last edited:
Advertisement
sold my z06 and have a 22 m3 on order.
I hear they are long waits to get them now. I ordered mine in February and had it by April. When are you expecting yours? What color/interior did you go with?
I went with IOMG with Fiona red interior

Attachments

• 1017211203.jpg
    1017211203.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • 0330211750_HDR.jpg
    0330211750_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.