AD secured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

There has been nothing pointing to it aside from us realizing he has Miami "ties" but a Radakovich hiring would be perhaps the biggest signal yet that the school is ready to play with the big boys. We can debate the merits or him specifically but to pluck an actual successful AD from a power program and one IN conference means you aren't messing around.

Jurich would be second to that in optics as it would mean you're all-in on sports success too.

I'd think either one with their Serb/Croat type surnames would appease the oldheads around here that rightfully so deify Sam Jankovich.
I think I’d actually take Jurich over Radakovich. Getting Louisville into the ACC and a well established track record of good hires at a high rate in multiple sports. Radakovich would be a statement, but you can also make the argument that he struck gold on his one big hire, but even that was tenuous for a couple of years.

Advertisement
Why is it written in stone that we have to hire Allonzo? I have been saying all along that no A.D. worth his salt is going to want anybody between him and the football team, that’s the money maker, that’s who determines his future.

An alpha wants it all on his shoulders.

Because he’s not being brought in to be AD. If reports of 30 million /yr for football are true, then someone has to manage the stuff it’s earmarked for and make sure we get a return on it

Imo Highsmith’s role would be Player Development & Recruiting, ie a functional role managing the recruiting department/ budget, transfer portal, strength and nutrition, and self scouting.

Basically stuff we have the head coach doing now, not the AD. And you free up the coach to act more like an NFL coach

Advertisement
I wish I would have known this thread was a crock of shid earlier. Wake me when the real news hits.

Because he’s not being brought in to be AD. If reports of 30 million /yr for football are true, then someone has to manage the stuff it’s earmarked for and make sure we get a return on it

Imo Highsmith’s role would be Player Development & Recruiting, ie a functional role managing the recruiting department/ budget, transfer portal, strength and nutrition, and self scouting.

Basically stuff we have the head coach doing now, not the AD. And you free up the coach to act more like an NFL coach
Don’t forget the pro level scouting dept

Advertisement
The very recent "all but done" Tweet on "Alonzo to the U"... in some follow-up they just added "we are hearing football operations"... so Not the AD apparently, although I doubt many thought that was feasible.

I think I’d actually take Jurich over Radakovich. Getting Louisville into the ACC and a well established track record of good hires at a high rate in multiple sports. Radakovich would be a statement, but you can also make the argument that he struck gold on his one big hire, but even that was tenuous for a couple of years.
Yeah there is definite debate when you actually start looking at the specifics of any of these guys. Just on optics (which at a certain point obviously take a backseat to results and tangible capabilities) I think some would write-off Jurich as us getting an old guy desperate for a job. Radakovich would be much harder to dismiss. But again- just the initial optics.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back