ACCT Game 1 vs Notre Dame

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Last edited:
Advertisement
ACC Network Extra seems to be working fine with no blackout here in Broward

Canes scored the first run but Cabezas immediately gave it and another back. 2-1 ND Mid 3.

Cabezas has been in trouble each inning and just doesn’t look sharp so far.

Advertisement
About the only positive thing I can say offensively is that we’re driving up Tully’s pitch count. Otherwise it’s been pretty ugly.

Cabezas with his best inning yet and his pitch count is in good shape. Have to get something going offensively.

Leadoff single by Escala, foul popout, strikeout, caught stealing.

Advertisement
Canes hitters are a mess at the plate right now. Totally guessing pitch-to-pitch.

I still think they're gonna scratch and get a run across somehow. If they would just accept a walk on pitches off the plate they'd make things a lot easier on themselves.

I'd bet the batting practice fastball comment has been uttered against Miami for years. They've had a bunch of JD ****roft's over the years.

Cabezas works around a walk. Still under 90 pitches through 6 innings.

Gonzalez, Reyes, Burns due up with the ND starter at 98 pitches.

Romy swinging for the fences on a 2-1 pitch when getting on base to lead off the inning was needed.

I just strongly disagree with our hitting philosophy and style.

I've seen enough. It's a wrap. This team is done. Game 2 doesn't matter. 1-1 and Clemson or ND advances.

I hope these guys get better in summer ball. Disappointing game

Advertisement
This abomination is an indictment on DiMare. No matter the outcome it’s been embarrassing. This is lack of s game plan. Everybody is pulling off of everything swinging at bad pitches and guessing, letting fastballs go by. At some point you’d like for some one to step up but unfortunately this team doesn’t have a Collins Aubrey or a Hayward to do that. Third time through the order and no adjustments have been made.

Advertisement
Cabezas has been stellar since the 3rd. Good for another inning on the pitch count. Unfortunately doesn’t appear that it will be enough.

ND with a pitching change. We’ll see if it makes a difference with the bottom of the order due up.

6 outs left. Escala now 3 for 3 but not much else going on offensively.

"Canes hitters are a mess at the plate right now. Totally guessing pitch-to-pitch"

This has seemingly been the case for every at bat in every game for the last several years.. No strategy, no adjustments, very poor plate discipline.

Hopefully we can luck into another run or 2.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Back