According to Sporting News...

MetiSkeemz

Junior
If Coley doesn't **** the bed and Kayaa stays consistent he's the first QB off the board in 2017 (unless Watson puts up god like numbers)

tinyurl.com/omayraw

Advertisement
I continue to say that even the golden haters dont yet realize just how bad the 2014 coaching effort was. Its going to take 2-3 more drafts before we fully realize just how stacked the 2014 Canes roster was.

I continue to say that even the golden haters dont yet realize just how bad the 2014 coaching effort was. Its going to take 2-3 more drafts before we fully realize just how stacked the 2014 Canes roster was.

how bout 2013? Linder, Henderson, Hurns along with the 2014 guys. smhh

Advertisement
If Coley doesn't **** the bed and Kayaa stays consistent he's the first QB off the board in 2017 (unless Watson puts up god like numbers)

tinyurl.com/omayraw

Doesn't Watson run a lot? NFL forgot for a couple years how easy running QBs get hurt. Cam is huge so is an exception and Wilson runs very selectively and smart. These guys who made their living in college running around a lot, like little Johnnie football and RGIII, have been proving the old wisdom don't let your QB run. Kaaya fits the old and soon to be new model QB perfectly. Tall, smart, accurate, good arm, stays in pocket and get ball down-field and is not afraid of the middle. Throw is clean cut, well behaved, good family, perfect face of franchise and he could well be first pick in the draft. This all assumes he is not "coached" out of a great career.

Kid's first set of downs as true freshmen opening the season on Monday night national prime time AWAY game was a beautiful touchdown drive(same thing in NE). Anyone remember Bernie's first drive and game as a red-shirt freshman? Bernie was as cool a QB we even had but I don't remember that first drive or game much other than we lost and looked horrible. BUT Bernie had Howard instead of Al and ended up with NC. Take Al out and insert Howard and I bet Kaaya would already have brought home an NC.

I thought The Sporting News went out of business in like 2005. No joke. What does Street & Smith's have to say about Alfredo?

I thought The Sporting News went out of business in like 2005. No joke. What does Street & Smith's have to say about Alfredo?

No. They're in business matter of fact the latest D 1 season preview issue has dalvin cook mcelweird and kayaa on the cover

No. They're in business matter of fact the latest D 1 season preview issue has dalvin cook mcelweird and kayaa on the cover

Nice. I used actually prefer them to the dated fluff you'd get from Sports Illustrated back when people actually bought print publications.

Advertisement
"Brad Kaaya is the first player ever take number one in the draft coming from a team with a losing record" - Mel Kiper Jr.

tinyurl.com/omayraw

They were mentioning Jacory in the Heisman race going into his junior season also.

Advertisement
And not a "Top 15" D like we saw last year. We need one that makes plays, rankings be damned. If we play an attacking defense, it will play right into Kaaya's hands. Kaaya will have the O scoring, and the D can take more risks than they have in years. It can pay off, if the coaches let the D attack. If they don't, it's going to be another frustrating year.

Get ready for another frustrating year.
Kaaya only becomes a winner if somewhere this mediocore staff finds a defense..

kaya needs to work on his footwork an he kind of has a tendency to hold on to the football to long.

Advertisement
You'd rather have your true freshman QB hold onto the ball than throw it in a panic. Holding onto the ball too long was the least of my concerns with the O.
kaya needs to work on his footwork an he kind of has a tendency to hold on to the football to long.

I like Kaaya, but he should have redshirted.

I watched that Louisville game so many times and I always come back to the same thinking: He was not ready, the coaches threw him to the wolves, and in the process lost the morale of the Seniors and even some of the big named juniors as well.

But looking into next season, it is good he got that experience. Can't wait for the season, because if he can take that jump in leadership and overall play, we might actually have a team that I will be excited to watch.

I like Kaaya, but he should have redshirted.

I watched that Louisville game so many times and I always come back to the same thinking: He was not ready, the coaches threw him to the wolves, and in the process lost the morale of the Seniors and even some of the big named juniors as well.

But looking into next season, it is good he got that experience. Can't wait for the season, because if he can take that jump in leadership and overall play, we might actually have a team that I will be excited to watch.

Al was covering his by starting BK. "Our QB was a freshman, Joe"

Advertisement
Back