According to Sporting News...

Advertisement
kaya needs to work on his footwork an he kind of has a tendency to hold on to the football to long.

nothing that PROPER coaching can't fix. That's why we need Butch so he can bring over a REAL O-Coordinator/QB Coach in Ken Dorsey (see Cam Newton prior to Dorsey and after Dorsey)

So you think a 3rd year QB who has played at least 2 years with this staff is going to turn pro after 3 years and be the number 1 QB in the draft? I like Kaaya and all but that seems a little far fetched. I will take 4 years and the number 1 player but not 3 with this staff.

Standing by for National Championship.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Advertisement
I like Kaaya, but he should have redshirted.

I watched that Louisville game so many times and I always come back to the same thinking: He was not ready, the coaches threw him to the wolves, and in the process lost the morale of the Seniors and even some of the big named juniors as well.

But looking into next season, it is good he got that experience. Can't wait for the season, because if he can take that jump in leadership and overall play, we might actually have a team that I will be excited to watch.

That was a small fraction of the problem with the Louisville game..
It fell more on the scared/weak play calling from a rookie O/C who didn't trust in his true freshman QB. Absolutely predictable and atrocious play calling from Coley

Agree.

They talked about "not treating him like a freshman", and then treated him like a freshman, and used that to excuse poor play.

If the kid wasn't ready, and the roster had nobody else to play the position, that falls on coaching.

Ryan Williams wasn't some 4-star high school recruit. He was a transfer from Memphis. So, losing him shouldn't have been some huge catastrophe, IMO.

This staff had 3 years to figure out the QB position ... And they came up with Williams, Crow, Dewey, Thompson, Olsen, Heaps, Kaaya, and Rosier.

Kaaya better work out ... He's the only one they signed that can actually play the position ...

I like Kaaya, but he should have redshirted.

I watched that Louisville game so many times and I always come back to the same thinking: He was not ready, the coaches threw him to the wolves, and in the process lost the morale of the Seniors and even some of the big named juniors as well.

But looking into next season, it is good he got that experience. Can't wait for the season, because if he can take that jump in leadership and overall play, we might actually have a team that I will be excited to watch.

Al was covering his by starting BK. "Our QB was a freshman, Joe"

Advertisement
"Brad Kaaya is the first player ever take number one in the draft coming from a team with a losing record" - Mel Kiper Jr.
Very well could come true. If he stays till his 4th year though there will be a new coach. If he gets a new coach in his 3rd year he probably goes early.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back