According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
look even playing d3 means something. you can't expect kids to do something you never did. Football is different. Two a days, s&c, etc. the game is too physical for someone who never played to demand from the kids. Mario can tell war stories, Manny can talk about editing videos at espn. Manny also makes a fool of himself, the cleats, the props, slip and slide, etc. you need a presence
This is true in any profession. There is just a different respect you have when you play for or work for someone who has been in your same shoes. They also have knowledge that no book or training course could ever teach.

What does this say?

913A7D36-B7F7-40DA-A1D9-4AC2213EC91C.png

I still don’t understand the method to his madness for dropping the tweet of Mario to Miami. He was right but it hasn’t been his M.O this entire process. He’s been very reasonable and accurate, Especially when the announcement was expected Monday or Tuesday.

Advertisement
I still don’t understand the method to his madness for dropping the tweet of Mario to Miami. He was right but it hasn’t been his M.O this entire process. He’s been very reasonable and accurate, Especially when the announcement was expected Monday or Tuesday.

he got the info (likely ahead of everyone who would be breaking the news publicly) and wanted to be first bc ego.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would guess he was wanting to be the person to officially "break it" to gain national exposure. He wanted to beat Bruce Feldman to the punch after that earlier report that Feldman would likely be the person to break it. Irony is Feldman will still probably get credit for breaking it at some point.

Advertisement
I’ve heard Manny is disappointed in the situation and wishes he got another year. It truly was his dream job and he wouldn’t have left for Alabama if he coached well enough for that opportunity.

But he’s also admitted that he underwhelmed and this year should have been better.

He did it to himself, betting on himself being an elite DC and being HC. He laid out the expectations to go 11-1 or 10-2 and go to the ACCCG and that anything less was unacceptable. He even said if we did that - recruiting will take off and we’ll sign a top 5 class.

The minute he lost that 3rd game he was done and knew this exact scenario was on the horizon. Because of the expectations he set for himself and made everyone else believe.

You see how many guys entered the portal and decommitted between Riley leaving and Venables getting hired? Now look at Miami… not 1 player left and so far not 1 decommit.
Manny should have done better in 2020

FIU, UNC Setting the rushing record, bowl game, lack of LB recruiting and development since 2016, etc

I still don’t get why the keep Stringing Manny along, should’ve fired him after Duke or kept him. This whole Mario or bust is a stupid and make the university looks clueless. Maybe they have a reason( they don’t want kids to jump in the portal) but they are doing a horrible job putting out the message. Yes I know the leaks cause it but it just shows that nobody is leading this university.
Nobody is stringing him along. It's obvious that he's known he's been fired for weeks. This is a false narrative.

As probably the highest profile engineering grad of the university in the last 20 years, I can tell you that the UM COE might be the worst in the country. I spoke at FIU engineering to students 2 months ago, and they are not only more intelligent and driven, but learn in an environment that I can only estimate has a budget 10x of UM.

Also they don’t teach cad to undergrads or mechanical design, and refuse outside help to modernize their curriculum. Fire everyone. Your money would be better spent at a school in the Midwest.
What? This is crazy. Why is this?

Also, who are you? Lol

Last week, per a source, Knight signed off on a 10-year, $85 million extension that was offered by the University of Oregon to football coach Mario Cristobal. Year No. 1 would double Cristobal’s base salary and put it in excess of $7 million a year. It escalated from there and was easily the most lucrative deal ever offered to a football coach in Eugene.

Cristobal didn’t sign Oregon’s contract extension before the title game. He instead made plans to talk with his agent the following day. Then, his team got blown off the field by the Utes: 38-10. The Ducks’ coach took the loss hard. He spoke in the post-game news conference for only six minutes. Then, on Saturday Cristobal boarded the private plane owned by long-time Oregon booster Ed Maletis and embarked on a whirlwind recruiting trip that would include multiple states, more than 25 recruits and span 14 days.

That trip is now cut short.

That 10-year contract extension?

“It was pulled off the table when Mario didn’t sign it and got on the plane,” said a source close to the situation.

Does Mario even have a recourse to turn Miami down at this point?
I’m a little disappointed with the Oregon fan base that they aren’t mad with Mario for falling to the same team in as many weeks. Let me be clear, I still want him. But the lack of a pulse in Eugene is somewhat disturbing. The message is that the coach can get by on this without flight much because they are afraid of losing him. What happened to “we want to win a Natty”? That is passion for football, unfounded or not.

Advertisement
Back