According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

That's the risk when the leaders of our program put all of their eggs in one basket. If they think keeping a lame duck Diaz with some 5th rate staff is a sound backup plan they're even more delusional than us fans. If Mario spurns them last minute and Diaz stays it'll set this program back another 5 years at minimum.
 
I thought it was never about money with Mario as long as Miami got serious with the football program.
Well, they are. Mario has negotiated a ****load of details in that contract, he wanted every to be as transparent as possible.

Them doing a new offer is just my guess. Mario is really torn here and he is getting pressure from all sides, whether thats players, recruits, media and two Universities. I think he made that clear and now we have to wait and see.
 
I swear Mike Ryan is something, WTF does this mean? If nothing changed why there are "serious doubts"?
My actual educated take here is that he heard something, checked back on the info and got the note that Miami is still feeling confident.
 
Well, they are. Mario has negotiated a ****load of details in that contract, he wanted every to be as transparent as possible.

Them doing a new offer is just my guess. Mario is really torn here and he is getting pressure from all sides, whether thats players, recruits, media and two Universities. I think he made that clear and now we have to wait and see.
No doubt that NOW we are serious about football, I believe that but why we are serious only for Mario? There are plenty of candidates to evaluate and interview out there...keeping Diaz is not how you show your commitment to the football program imho.
 
No doubt that NOW we are serious about football, I believe that but why we are serious only for Mario? There are plenty of candidates to evaluate and interview out there...keeping Diaz is not how you show your commitment to the football program imho.
Both Ruiz and Cribby have stated its not Mario or Bust.
 
Reading the tea leaves here, heres a more detailed timeline of what I think happened:

1. Mario does not sign extension with Oregon, offer gets pulled.
2. Mario agrees in principle with Miami.
3. Knight hears about it and throws a Hail Mary.
4. Miami hears about it and possible concern arises.
5. Miami finds out details of the offer and calm their **** down.

I will grab some lunch now. Yall should drink a coffee or two.
 
Back
Top