According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Manny and how they're handling it are two different things. Replace Manny with anyone, it's really strange how they're handling him.

Does anyone have any idea why they're doing this to him and not firing him? There's no way he would ever be the coach again given everything that's happened, nor should he agree to it.

Very likely they're letting Mario set the timeline.

Firing Diaz also equals hiring Cristobal.

Advertisement
I almost feel like Manny is being embarrassed for making the program such a clown show.
Good ole public shaming

1638754070041.gif

Just my take

None of this should have been public, but BOT rats leaked to make it a public spectacle

Mario has been a done deal for a while in principle, but took the last few days to finish the written deal.

Manny has been negotiating a buy-out with the university since Mario agreed to come that included working until AD is announced. I wouldn’t even be shocked if he coached the Sun Bowl, but seems less likely.

Rad thing I’m not sure. That looks like it was supposed to be done earlier snd then hit a snag, which is why the announcement hasn’t happened to move on from Manny. Manny, though, probably knew that once the AD was announced he would be replaced by Mario.

All my opinion. It definitely got off the rails somewhere
the superfan tried to have daddy's friends save him.

Advertisement
Manny and how they're handling it are two different things. Replace Manny with anyone, it's really strange how they're handling him.

Does anyone have any idea why they're doing this to him and not firing him? There's no way he would ever be the coach again given everything that's happened, nor should he agree to it.

They are handling it by doing what is best for the school. That's their job, Manny's been paid to do his. Unfortunatly part of it is because of waiting for Cristobal. It sucks for Manny for sure. But he's paid handsomely for a job that he's not meeting expectations.

Just saying, normalize not crying for guys who didn't get the job done while being paid millions and more millions when they are fired.

the superfan tried to have daddy's friends save him.
Impossible. I was told he was just a washed up mayor and didn’t have any strings to pull or leverage anywhere. “Q-like” I believe it was referred to if someone thought that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement

They were never going to bring him back

Advertisement
Advertisement

See how quick Oklahoma got that done? Venables just became the name a couple days ago and boom. Mario has been the target since pretty much the beginning and it gets dragged out until now it’s tomorrow apparently….

Advertisement
Back