According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
People get it, it’s just beyond stupid to operate like that and have him as a backup plan. It is a lose lose to not just cut him loose. Bringing him back if we struck out in the market would have been the worst outcome imaginable, so that should have been taken off the table
Immediately
It would be ridiculously embarrassing to keep Manny because we couldn't find anyone better willing to come here and replace him. We'd be the laughing stock of CFB and avoided like the plague by blue-chip recruits and coordinators.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Cribby what’s your take on Manny? Totally gone or like these crazy reports he can be part of the staff whether DC or something else like Portal director?? Please let us know what you know.
I just can’t see it but crazier things have happened.
Joking Just Kidding GIF

Advertisement
If Manny can set aside his pride and accept the demotion, long term this probably helps his career. He gets to learn from a well respected head coach in how to manage a program in ways that maybe he didnt know before.

When Manny had a singular focus he's been **** good at it. Our defenses under Richt were not the reason we werent successful. When Manny had to double-up in HC/DC duties, our defense looked the worst ive ever seen it.

If he can get back to just being a DC for us I would not be against it at all. I think our D would be leaps and bounds better next year with a true HC managing things and Manny going back to his bread and butter.
Joking Just Kidding GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back