According to CS

Advertisement
He's a real **** if he takes that job. FSU and UF are no goes for canes. This sum bull****.

Hire Butch and bring him and Lamar home.

Hire Butch & then offer him the DC job. He'd leave those ****ers in Gainesville in 2 seconds.

noooooo

randy shannon as DC, i'll pass man. Great recruiter but I think his defensive scheme is p*ss poor easy to read.

Ohio State game to this day still runs clear through my brain.. spread 5 wide, qb right up the middle.. seemingly every freaking play

ummm no.

not even bro.

We controlled them where it counts and thats in the redzone. We also dropped four picks.

A running qb will find holes in any defense.

If you didnt like anything about randys team it should have been Mark whipple. The worst oc in cfb.

we blitzed so rarely with randy shannon, it was always tight man to man coverage rushing 4. That's why ohio state's offense was spread 5 wide, and run krenzel right up the ***ing middle.

don't forget that those were still butch's players too which is the primary deal here, mark d would have a hard time being bad with vilma dj williams wilfork taylor rolle.. lol

dont forget that defense let Va tech put 40 on us, and ohio state got 30+

after the all star players left, we got to see randy's real "coaching" skills

He's a real **** if he takes that job. FSU and UF are no goes for canes. This sum bull****.

Hire Butch & then offer him the DC job. He'd leave those ****ers in Gainesville in 2 seconds.

noooooo

randy shannon as DC, i'll pass man. Great recruiter but I think his defensive scheme is p*ss poor easy to read.

Ohio State game to this day still runs clear through my brain.. spread 5 wide, qb right up the middle.. seemingly every freaking play

ummm no.

not even bro.

We controlled them where it counts and thats in the redzone. We also dropped four picks.

If you didnt like anything about randys team it should have been Mark whipple. The worst oc in cfb.

we blitzed so rarely with randy shannon, it was always tight man to man coverage rushing 4. That's why ohio state's offense was spread 5 wide, and run krenzel right up the ***ing middle.

don't forget that those were still butch's players too which is the primary deal here, mark d would have a hard time being bad with vilma dj williams wilfork taylor rolle.. lol

Can you cherry pick some more stats to make your argument more lame?

Advertisement

noooooo

ummm no.

not even bro.

Amen. His defense was great against classic 2-back/TE pro-set offenses, which are virtually extinct now. It is not a very useful scheme against today's spread sets and running QBs. Kind of reminds me of how awful Monty Kiffin's vaunted Tampa-2 was in the modern era. But the "market" knows this, which is why Shannon (even with his SoFL recruiting ties that schools would salivate over) can't get a job as a DC.

Randy Shannon to UF ag

Don't shoot the messenger...not official yet

Why is that bad?? Awful recruiter

Randy was a great recruiter. He may not have done a great job when he was the Head coach but as a recruiter he was money

Randy knew his entire last year here that he was gone. So if one wishes to suggest that Randy couldn't recruit based heavily on Randy's last year, that would be a bit of a mistaken assumption.

Randy post-UM has had more coach move rumors than all former UM coaches combined. I doubt this will amount to much of anything.

Advertisement

noooooo

ummm no.

not even bro.

We are going to use what you stated for this argument. . After all those star players you refereed to left UM we got to see Randy's real coaching skills. Those coaching skills helped him finish with one of his best defense which finished 4th in total defense. The all star players which you mentioned finished 6th and 7th in total defense.

So Randy actually got better after those star players left

noooooo

ummm no.

not even bro.

Amen. His defense was great against classic 2-back/TE pro-set offenses, which are virtually extinct now. It is not a very useful scheme against today's spread sets and running QBs. Kind of reminds me of how awful Monty Kiffin's vaunted Tampa-2 was in the modern era. But the "market" knows this, which is why Shannon (even with his SoFL recruiting ties that schools would salivate over) can't get a job as a DC.

Randy was offered several DC positions. He turned them down.

Advertisement
Stay calm, I got this.....

Insane-Golden.jpg

Randy Shannon is the last corch at Miami to recruit a #1 overall class.

Yeah, he didn't do **** with them but he did recruit the #1 class.

Advertisement

noooooo

ummm no.

not even bro.

Pat Nix says hi

He hasn't even spoken to UF per Christioher Stock who covers Miami for 247. Has a source that's close to RS

Advertisement
Back