ACCCG will be in Orlando

Advertisement
Yes they do need to visit. Even though the stadium has been redone, the neighborhood surrounding it is a dumpy area for those of you who haven't been there. They also have to consider all the pre-game festivities, where they will be held, how convenient is for fans to get there, etc. Tampa would be much better. Heard today that Nashville has jumped into the fray.

Talk about a waste of F-ing money:

ACC officials are visiting Orlando this week to scout the city as a possible conference title game host, ESPN's Brett McMurphy reports.

Do they really need to visit and "scout" the city? What exactly are the scouting that they do not possibly know at this point? Maybe the local laws? Make sure its a safe space??

So that Conference Championship is in Orlando and the National Championship is in Tampa?

If we can somehow, some way stay healthy and catch some breaks here and there....

I wouldn't attend even if Miami is in it. I hope nobody shows. The elitist ACC college presidents punishing the people of North Carolina just to advance their political agenda is reprehensible. There's definitely another side to the transgender nonsense and the NC governor has correctly referred the whole matter to the courts but academia exercising their phony advocacy just couldn't wait for the decision. Isn't that what Lynch mobs do taking justice into their own hands? Academic elites punishing their own schools who were scheduled to host many tournaments and for that manner the whole state of North Carolina should not be tolerated. Soapbox over but this country is going nuts.

While I might agree politically, this is Cane football and Trumps politics. Our first title game will be a 3 hour dive away. Think of the ride home with Hurricane flags out the windows. Maybe we can organize a long round about caravan up to gatorland and over to Tally to announce the return of THE U and end of their time in the sun.

Advertisement
So that Conference Championship is in Orlando and the National Championship is in Tampa?

If we can somehow, some way stay healthy and catch some breaks here and there....

Don't even. You're setting up yourself for a letdown. IF we make it to the ACCCG alone, that is the biggest conference accomplishment in 12 years and while it is long time due -- be grateful for what you have not had since the Big East.

I wouldn't attend even if Miami is in it. I hope nobody shows. The elitist ACC college presidents punishing the people of North Carolina just to advance their political agenda is reprehensible. There's definitely another side to the transgender nonsense and the NC governor has correctly referred the whole matter to the courts but academia exercising their phony advocacy just couldn't wait for the decision. Isn't that what Lynch mobs do taking justice into their own hands? Academic elites punishing their own schools who were scheduled to host many tournaments and for that manner the whole state of North Carolina should not be tolerated. Soapbox over but this country is going nuts.

While I might agree politically, this is Cane football and Trumps politics. Our first title game will be a 3 hour dive away. Think of the ride home with Hurricane flags out the windows. Maybe we can organize a long round about caravan up to gatorland and over to Tally to announce the return of THE U and end of their time in the sun.

That's a good point. It's a risky business posting on this site as I have just discovered.

Don't even. You're setting up yourself for a letdown. IF we make it to the ACCCG alone, that is the biggest conference accomplishment in 12 years and while it is long time due -- be grateful for what you have not had since the Big East.

A man can dream until the dream is vanquished.

Advertisement

That's a good point. It's a risky business posting on this site as I have just discovered.

You should try talking trash about Donna -- she apparently still has a couple family members, paid operatives, or political hacks on the board supporter her agenda. Still politics and religion do stir up action. Personally I love talking both. Missed sometime is how much the whole Cane thing united so many diverse people. Uncle Luke is right about that -- oops, that might get me flack. Luke is a tender subject here too.

Talk about a waste of F-ing money:

ACC officials are visiting Orlando this week to scout the city as a possible conference title game host, ESPN's Brett McMurphy reports.

Do they really need to visit and "scout" the city? What exactly are the scouting that they do not possibly know at this point? Maybe the local laws? Make sure its a safe space??

Other than a free trip to Orlando, they probably want to get eyes on the infrastructure - parking, highway access, transit (buses) and probably check out the stadium upgrades that went in last year. Either way, I agree it's odd seeing as this stadium holds multiple bowl games each year, they JUST had the FSU-Miss game there, and the stadium takes in more than 30K soccer fans every weekend for Orlando City soccer games.

I hope they make it permanent seeing as I live about 45 mins from there. Either way, I'm going to go ahead and purchase some tickets next week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back