ACC Tournament

Advertisement
ND brought in the the ginger that nearly no hit us to pitch the 9th and he gave up two doubles and hit two batters but the Irish hang on to win 5-3.

Top 5 looks locked in. Tenn, OSU, VT, Maryland, Stanford

IMO we are next closest to be considered a lock at 6. Last two are a crap shoot.

ND fighting to get Louisville’s spot. Texas, and A&M still fighting to steal one. USM could be a benefactor of chaos as well. Auburn not out of it, but would need to make a serious run.
We are just as locked in as Maryland, and will probably be seeded higher, their league is crap and their RPI is inflated. We will be 5 or 6, there‘s just nobody left who could pass us in RPI with a strong enough record to make up the difference.

Other teams are just fighting for 7-8, even D1 Baseball’s podcast prior to this week said it was arguably the easiest top 8 to project they’d ever seen.

We are just as locked in as Maryland, and will probably be seeded higher, their league is crap and their RPI is inflated. We will be 5 or 6, there‘s just nobody left who could pass us in RPI with a strong enough record to make up the difference.

Other teams are just fighting for 7-8, even D1 Baseball’s podcast prior to this week said it was arguably the easiest top 8 to project they’d ever seen.

I'm confident that we're going to get a national seed. I just wish I was confident that we are going to win the Regional and Super Regional.

Advertisement
Rough 22 hours for the big 3.

***k it. Send ‘em both down here. Let ucf be the 4. Let’s have a party.

If I'm being honest, I really miss the old six-team regionals. That was a fun four days of baseball. They could send us UF, UCF, and FAMU and two other schleps from out of state.

I believe we’re the 6

Advertisement
It’s not hard to see where our RPI drops to 14-16 with a loss tomorrow. How about one more win as what I like to call “lazy committee insurance.”

Advertisement
It’s not hard to see where our RPI drops to 14-16 with a loss tomorrow. How about one more win as what I like to call “lazy committee insurance.”
Just as we discussed a week or two ago, a top 20 RPI will be good enough to get you a top 8 this year. Every conference outside of the ACC is so bad, half the top 20 is filled with our teams, some who are on the bubble of the whole tourney. Can’t remember anything like this in the RPI era.

D1 baseball just dropped their new field of 64 projections and dropped miami 2 spots down to the 7th national seed. LVille after going 0-2 has now fallen out of the top 8...starting to think today is a must win

Advertisement
D1 baseball just dropped their new field of 64 projections and dropped miami 2 spots down to the 7th national seed. LVille after going 0-2 has now fallen out of the top 8...starting to think today is a must win
Hard to look through all these posts. Who do we play today and when?

Hard to look through all these posts. Who do we play today and when?
Wake Forest 3pm. A meaningless game as far as the ACCT goes but in my opinion it's very important if they want the top 8 seed. Facing the ACC pitcher of the year too. I imagine miami will throw a midweek guy out so not looking great but u never know

Who is going to take it from us? Theres no one who’s outside the top 8 who will jump up several spots. Lou dropping out was predictable and saved us. 2 ACC teams will be Super seeds, but the next 2 teams overall in the pecking order (Lou and ND) are not going to leapfrog us.

The next closest possible team to jump us and the 8 would be Texas, who hasn’t been in the national seed discussion since the start of the season.

That being said, we need a win today because we need a win today.

Wake Forest 3pm. A meaningless game as far as the ACCT goes but in my opinion it's very important if they want the top 8 seed. Facing the ACC pitcher of the year too. I imagine miami will throw a midweek guy out so not looking great but u never know
The only way we’ll run into an issue is if we lose today, A&M makes a semi deep run, USM wins their tourney, Texas wins the Big 12 and ND wins the ACC.

Advertisement
Back