ACC Tournament

The only thing I don’t get is if they gave them some crazy long contract, or if they recently renewed it, when the ACCN was in the works. They should make that contact public.

Either way it’s the ACC. Im not surprised when they work against their own teams and their fans.
I believe ESPN sublicensed the rights to them at the ACC’s request, which they then sublicensed to the RSNs, for the length of the original contract that ended in 2027.

Advertisement
The only thing I don’t get is if they gave them some crazy long contract, or if they recently renewed it, when the ACCN was in the works. They should make that contact public.

Either way it’s the ACC. Im not surprised when they work against their own teams and their fans.

The package ESPN gave us felt 2nd class, but w: this new info, it now feels 3rd class. With Clemson being a rival to the SEC infrastructure in football, Duke/UNC being blue bloods in basketball along w/ club other sports, The ACC as a whole being very solid in baseball & basketball, & of course having a sleeping Giant in us in both football & baseball…..really not sure how we couldn’t get a better contract. This feel very Mark Emmert ish, getting ur balls snatched from u by not having foresight.

On a tournament related note: Virginia would drop into the low 20s in the RPI with a loss today. If they lose their other game to ND, for an aggregate ACC record of 17-15 with a less than stellar RPI, do they still host?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The package ESPN gave us felt 2nd class, but w: this new info, it now feels 3rd class. With Clemson being a rival to the SEC infrastructure in football, Duke/UNC being blue bloods in basketball along w/ club other sports, The ACC as a whole being very solid in baseball & basketball, & of course having a sleeping Giant in us in both football & baseball…..really not sure how we couldn’t get a better contract. This feel very Mark Emmert ish, getting ur balls snatched from u by not having foresight.
This, but why are we surprised knowing the genesis of our joining the ACC. I hope Rad has already begun thinking about the exit to the SEC in a few years.

This, but why are we surprised knowing the genesis of our joining the ACC. I hope Rad has already begun thinking about the exit to the SEC in a few years.

I wanna give Phillips a couple of yrs just to see if he can turn the mess UNC alum Swofford created. The good thing about Phillips is he has no Tobacco Rd ties, and was in the B1G as an AD prior to his stint now. So I wanna give him a shot, b/c clearly Swofford was not looking out for the best interest of the entire conference.

I wanna give Phillips a couple of yrs just to see if he can turn the mess UNC alum Swofford created. The good thing about Phillips is he has no Tobacco Rd ties, and was in the B1G as an AD prior to his stint now. So I wanna give him a shot, b/c clearly Swofford was not looking out for the best interest of the entire conference.
And at least he's a semi-Midwest/Chicago guy, as you pointed out. We have a pretty decent fan/alumni base in that part of the country.

Advertisement
Looking at Palm, to shut it down tonight.
Hopefully the bats get hot early, and we can get Palm out early...either way. Lets lock this thing up and move forward tonight!
Well, that's all I needed to see. We definitely didn't give a **** about the ACC tournament.

We literally let one guy beat us ..great job!

Pete Hansen threw a gem for Texas, that dude can beat any team in the country. Mederos threw well for Ok St. too - imagine if we had kept him somehow...staff would be dangerous.
He wasn’t very good for OK State this year and he sucked for Miami last year.

Advertisement
Georgia Tech is up 4-0 on Louisville. I don’t think we need it, but Louisville losing again wouldn’t upset me as far as the the Top 8 pecking order.

Advertisement
Top 5 looks locked in. Tenn, OSU, VT, Maryland, Stanford

IMO we are next closest to be considered a lock at 6. Last two are a crap shoot.

ND fighting to get Louisville’s spot. Texas, and A&M still fighting to steal one. USM could be a benefactor of chaos as well. Auburn not out of it, but would need to make a serious run.

Advertisement
Back