ACC Tournament

Ok, well, you can remove that 3% part of my argument if you like, but I would contend that it's not ENTIRELY geographic. Especially as an outsized part of the field of from the ACC/SEC region. There are some regionally similar teams that get assigned based on seed. But I don't care to argue such a tiny point.

The #15 regional is not tougher than the #10 regional, that's really all we need to know.

Advertisement
You can ignore results while posting laughing emojis all you want, but the evidence still points to no correlation between conference tournament results and postseason results.

You can ignore results while posting laughing emojis all you want, but the evidence still points to no correlation between conference tournament results and postseason results.

Dude. I know your shtick. I've seen it under all your various past banned user names. I promise you, I find it uninteresting. You're always right, there is no wiggle room, you have zero interest in other perspectives, and your overstate your case and twist evidence constantly. I assure you, I will not be wasting bandwidth trying to win an internet argument with you. You can have it, bud. Enjoy.

Last edited:
What are you trying to prove? That the participation trophy that you get for winning the ACC Tournament means...

No one is saying that the players are not trying to win. That is their job, to go out and play. The coaches also have a job, and, at this point, that job is ensuring that the team is prepared to win next week's regional.

Winning 40 games in the regular season and getting a top 8 national seed is much more important than winning a glorified exhibition (as you conceded, 10 of the 12 teams in the tournament are likely going to a regional, so unless team 11/12 wins the tournament, it's meaningless) in the quest to realize the team's ultimate goal - winning the last game of the year.
I think the point he was trying to make, if i understand it correctly, is that the ACC tournament can have an effect on regional seeding, and is therefore an extension of the season. So you need to think about it in that context.

In my view, after a 50+ game regular season, that lasts 3+ months, there's enough sample size to figure out who deserves to be in the tournament, and who deserves to be a top 8 seed. If they can't figure it out by now, 3-4 extra games isn't going to help.

If the ACC tourney is going to bump our spot, then it's worth the trip. If not, then it's less interesting or even worthwhile. (but that has nothing to do with players and coaches wanting to win. i wanted to win every time i stepped on the field. that's just the nature of any game. otherwise, why even keep score).

Dude. I know your shtick. I've seen it under all your various past banned user names. I promise you, I find it uninteresting. You're always right, there is no wiggle room, you have zero interest in other perspectives, and your overstate you case and twist evidence constantly. I assure you, I will not be wasting bandwidth trying to win an internet argument with you. You can have it, bud. Enjoy.
So instead of keeping it on baseball, like I have, you get your feelings hurt and make it all about me? Classy. It's just college baseball, man. You don't have to take it so personally. Just be open to hearing how it all actually works.

Advertisement
I think the point he was trying to make, if i understand it correctly, is that the ACC tournament can have an effect on regional seeding, and is therefore an extension of the season. So you need to think about it in that context.

In my view, after a 50+ game regular season, that lasts 3+ months, there's enough sample size to figure out who deserves to be in the tournament, and who deserves to be a top 8 seed. If they can't figure it out by now, 3-4 extra games isn't going to help.

If the ACC tourney is going to bump our spot, then it's worth the trip. If not, then it's less interesting or even worthwhile. (but that has nothing to do with players and coaches wanting to win. i wanted to win every time i stepped on the field. that's just the nature of any game. otherwise, why even keep score).
Fair enough. No one is saying “go lose the acc tournament” though. Just pointing out that whatever benefits (incremental, at best, when you are already a lock to be a top 8 national seed) that may come with going all out to win the tournament might not outweigh the benefits gained by resting some arms (Ligon, namely) before next week. That’s all. Then he had to hit everyone with the “player’s mindset” tangent, and things went on from there.

I believe my first post in this thread was just a somewhat sarcastic response to the “acc championships matter” take by saying “eh, not really.” My high school coach was a recruit in the early 90s, and he told me that Ron Fraser used the national runner up trophy as a literal doorstop (maybe that’s purely apocryphal, but he had no reason to lie about it). When you’re grading on that curve (I get it, long time ago) acc tournament championships don’t really matter.

Advertisement
Georgia Tech is functionally eliminated and Pool B will be decided at 11am tomorrow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back