ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Buddy didn’t even record an out. 4 batters, 2 singles, 2 walks and he gets pulled with 1 run in and bases loaded.
Hopefully the rest of the game isn’t a Clemson-Louisville type shootout

I would throw Smith tomorrow. 4 days rest is plenty. I really hope they shortened his bullpen or just made him do flat ground work earlier this week, in anticipation that Duke could win.

Win tomorrow and then win our semi-final game, and we should be a lock 2 seed and one of the highest 2 seeds (and hopefully are sent somewhere other than Gainesville - Gainesville atmosphere is boring).

Win tomorrow and then win our semi-final game, and we should be a lock 2 seed and one of the highest 2 seeds (and hopefully are sent somewhere other than Gainesville - Gainesville atmosphere is boring).
Hypothetically - we go 4-0, win the acc, only team in the acc with 35+ wins, top 15 rpi, top 20 sos, 13-2 last 15 games... and that’s not a host resume. That’d be crazy.

Advertisement
Hypothetically - we go 4-0, win the acc, only team in the acc with 35+ wins, top 15 rpi, top 20 sos, 13-2 last 15 games... and that’s not a host resume. That’d be crazy.

I’m not sure how we wouldn’t be a 1 seed in that instance. The NCAA will find a way though.

Biggest benefit is that you can probably use Palmquist in all three games you need to win the tournament.

I’d go Smith tomorrow and if you win use McFarlane on Friday to save Garland/Rosario for the weekend. They can share the outing Friday otherwise.

I’m not sure how we wouldn’t be a 1 seed in that instance. The NCAA will find a way though.
Or a host for that matter, as someone pointed out. The NCAA makes up the rules as it goes along, why not add 4 more possible host sites going into the weekend?

That said, I doubt we go 4 - 0, but 3 - 1 should put us (as it would for NC St) in the mix as a non-host 1 seed. Perhaps at S Miss, Ole Miss or La Tech if those teams play poorly in their tourneys.

Advertisement
Most boring atmosphere of any powerhouse BY FAR. Their crowd has zero juice.

Biggest benefit is that you can probably use Palmquist in all three games you need to win the tournament.

I’d go Smith tomorrow and if you win use McFarlane on Friday to save Garland/Rosario for the weekend. They can share the outing Friday otherwise.
Let Mederos and McFarlane split Friday’s game. We are going to need Mederos at some point if we wanna win a regional, so unless he’s not 100% he needs to face live hitters.

This is why announcing host sites was so stupid. There are no crowd limits, so it’s obviously safe for fans but it wasn’t safe to have host sites not figured out until Sunday, bc it might not be safe for players? Make it make sense.

Advertisement
This is why announcing host sites was so stupid. There are no crowd limits, so it’s obviously safe for fans but it wasn’t safe to have host sites not figured out until Sunday, bc it might not be safe for players? Make it make sense.
Or simply add 4 more alternate sites after Friday's games. There's no added cost for teams that submitted bids?

Advertisement
The incompetence of the NCAA has never been more apparent.
And baseball has always been treated like a second class citizen. I remember one year when ESPN interviewed the Chairman of the selection Committee, and maybe he was just a poor communicator, but I would have sworn he had never played or even been to a baseball game in his life - it was embarrassing.

And baseball has always been treated like a second class citizen. I remember one year when ESPN interviewed the Chairman of the selection Committee, and maybe he was just a poor communicator, but I would have sworn he had never played or even been to a baseball game in his life - it was embarrassing.
It still is in some respects. It took decades to get college baseball on tv. And it’s still being shoved to the side. It’s not even on tv in the triangle. I have to stream the ACC tourney on Bally’s website. IMO the product now is so much better than the MLB. Way less predictable.

Watching sec tourney between acc games... my god. You’d think Alabama was the 1927 Yankees the way they are talked about. And they’re the 10th best team in the league.

Advertisement
Back