ACC Tournament

Watching sec tourney between acc games... my god. You’d think Alabama was the 1927 Yankees the way they are talked about. And they’re the 10th best team in the league.
Ya, I heard it as well. The ESPN, I meant SEC network, promotes their teams - I'll give them that. In the ACC, if you aren't in the Carolinas, good luck.

Advertisement
Watching sec tourney between acc games... my god. You’d think Alabama was the 1927 Yankees the way they are talked about. And they’re the 10th best team in the league.
A call that allows Bama to win today as bad or worse than the call in our Pitt game. I hate when officials determine outcomes.

Advertisement
What makes you think that? Is it from recent history when we swept them?
Couple things:

1) we have been enjoying the smell of our own farts since sweeping LOU
2) Duke is the hottest team in the league

If we can get a solid outing from Smith (assuming it's him since this is a must-win), and if Duke isn't throwing a LHP, then I like our chances in a close game with Palmquist available to throw 3 innings.

Couple things:

1) we have been enjoying the smell of our own farts since sweeping LOU
2) Duke is the hottest team in the league

If we can get a solid outing from Smith (assuming it's him since this is a must-win), and if Duke isn't throwing a LHP, then I like our chances in a close game with Palmquist available to throw 3 innings.
Duke is throwing Jack Carey a Right Hander

This seems as a good a time as any for me to say that the higher seed should always be the designated home team unless it’s a best of series like the Super Regionals.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fair to say Virginia Tech’s season is done after going 0-2. Quite a collapse considering they were a reasonable host candidate in mid April.

Sorry if already (asked or) answered elsewhere. As I thought if all 3 teams in our Pool go 1-1 we advance to semi's. So will we still play Friday vs FSU if we beat Duke on Thursday? (if Yes, then Why?)

Sorry if already (asked or) answered elsewhere. As I thought if all 3 teams in our Pool go 1-1 we advance to semi's. So will we still play Friday vs FSU if we beat Duke on Thursday? (if Yes, then Why?)
Yes all pool play games are played regardless of who is advancing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back